Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Got this on On Demand over the weekend. Not bad. Corny, lots of cherrypicking from Braveheart and Gladiator--even The Matrix.

I'll watch it again, but despite its interweb hype, I remain uninspired to do 62,000 Burpees anytime soon.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Basically a very mediocre movie, but Leonidas was well portrayed as a bad motherfucker.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Fat Cat wrote:Basically a very mediocre movie, but Leonidas was well portrayed as a bad motherfucker.
As was his delightfully nippled wife.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

She was kinda mannish for me.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Fat Cat wrote:Basically a very mediocre movie, but Leonidas was well portrayed as a bad motherfucker.
Yes, I was impressed by his performance. Something reminded me a bit of a young Sean Connery.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

300 is pretty much a really cool looking, extended music video filled with proper violence.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I was just thinking that watching it on HDTV with the sound off and the right music on might be pretty cool. Need to find the right album.

RyaWall

Post by RyaWall »

I thought the Persian God King guy was a trannie who sounded like Darth Vader. I think the goat herding mutant practiced HS grinds and that is why he had shoulder issues which would not allow him to lift his arm with a shield. That actor..I forget his name.. trained with Rif. Wife was hot, the Oracle was hot, even some of the Persian God King's woman slaves were hot.
Pathfinder was pretty good movie too along the lines of 300 plus is had an actress with the last name Moonblood who is hot.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves »

I really liked that part where that one killed that other guy.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

Kurt J. Wilkens
Coprophage, Junior Grade

Post by Kurt J. Wilkens »

"Pathfinder was pretty good movie too along the lines of 300 plus is had an actress with the last name Moonblood who is hot."

'Pathfinder' was quite good, considering I'd never heard of until stumbling across it in Best Buy. Also, not nearly so bloody and violent (to me, anyway) as the Amazon reviews and such would suggest. I'd recommend it.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Ronald RayGun wrote:300 is pretty much a really cool looking, extended music video filled with proper violence.
Spot on!
They really need to make a movie out of Gates Of Fire.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I liked it.

If you fags read Frank Miller's "300" you'll see it's pretty much a straight adaptation of the comic.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Shaf wrote:If you fags read Frank Miller's "300" you'll see it's pretty much a straight adaptation of the comic.
They added quite a bit to the movie that wasn't in the book. Most notably: any scene or dialog that involved the queen. She had one page and maybe two lines in the entire book. They also changed the order of events to make it more palatable in movie form. All in all I think the additions made for a better story with more depth.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Lych
Sarge

Re: 300

Post by Lych »

High Velocity Lie-Nap! wrote:lots of cherrypicking from Braveheart and Gladiator--even The Matrix.
Finally, someone who realizes that.

I thought the movie was a Mens Health photo shoot, with all the poses and lighting.

Turns out it was.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

You're all a bunch of homos. 300 is a kick ass movie based on a graphic novel. All of those "corny" lines are direct quotes from Herodotus and other ancient writers. So in fact, Gladiator and Bravehaert were trying to copy and invoke meaning the the real life quotes from the battle of Thermopylae.

300 is a great indoctrination movie for why Western Civilization is superior to the rest of the world.

BB2/75
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

RyaWall

Post by RyaWall »

Batboy2/75 wrote:You're all a bunch of homos. 300 is a kick ass movie based on a graphic novel. All of those "corny" lines are direct quotes from Herodotus and other ancient writers. So in fact, Gladiator and Bravehaert were trying to copy and invoke meaning the the real life quotes from the battle of Thermopylae.

300 is a great indoctrination movie for why Western Civilization is superior to the rest of the world.

BB2/75
Is Greece part of the West?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Just barely.