Tommy Kono Knee Sleeves

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Tommy Kono Knee Sleeves

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I've got to say these kick ass. I was waffling between them and the Rehband, and ended up with the TKs because they were cheaper, and supposedly hotter.

I got a Large, and they fit snugly. And they are hotter than my old Rehband.

I've used them twice, and both times my knees have felt good after the workout.

The really do make your knees sweat. Jesse Marunde mentioned to me that he thought they can contribute to dehydration if you wear them for long periods of time.

I recommend them to anyone with dinged up knees.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Shafly, do you have a training log somewhere?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Kirk
Gunny

Post by Kirk »

Where are they sold?

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

I got mine from Bodybuilding.com

FC, my training log is here:

http://powerandbulk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5366

Don't expect too much.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I'm not here to run you down, I am just curious.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

I have yet to put together a good training week, mostly because I am lazy.

My squat form at higher weights is compromised with my left knee buckling a bit, and I am working on correcting that.

There are vids in the log if you want to check them out. Some of them might not be up anymore.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

What are you training for?

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Eventually another equipped PL meet. I want to drop some weight right now while I'm detrained, then make a run at 700/500/600 late this year.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

WOW! Those are great numbers Shaf.

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

The 7 and 5 should be doable with equipment, the 600 deadlift has been plaguing me for years. The last meet I did I was looking at 550/400/600 raw and fell short due to some very stupid errors on my part, and I had hit 535/355 (which is the lowest bench I've ever posted in a competition)/535 or so.

I've got a lot of detraining to take care of, essentially having screwed around doing nothing for a year.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Well...a 355 bench is about 100 pounds more than I have ever benched. Stop being lazy and do it!

macmad
Gunny

Post by macmad »

just got a pair of these in small for use as elbow bands.
They are not as nicely made as the Rehband, pretty much just a rubber material cut to size and sewn together. The top and bottom isnt sewn together like the rehbands.
But the feel nice. haven't really tried on elbows apart from testing but if my elbow plays up again will try.
I actually managed to get the small size ones up my hair legs to my knees and they felt really god for squats. maybe a smaller size would be best for competition.
Also got the TK waist band. Good for keeping lowerback warm during squats and deadlifts.

Really Big Strong Guy

Post by Really Big Strong Guy »

Good work Shaf!!!

TK's saved my life about two years ago. I hadn't squatted for nearly two years an my leg strength was in the crapper. Had pain and clicking everywhere. Went to an ortho with an MRI report. My misses summed up my hour long consult with the ortho - "You need to stop being a pussy." In any event, ordered some TKs per advice of a good friend and I've never been so thankful.

I've given up the heavy squats, but have gotten into the oly lifts and achyballs. It's made a world of difference. Like a new lease on iron life.

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

After almost two years of sporadic use, these have held up well. I would say get a pair of the blue Rehband thick knee sleeves from Jackal's Gym if you want the most durable ones you can get.

The TKs still remain the hottest.

I don't wear them much anymore, my knees seem to be doing quite well.