Movie Review: Gone Baby Gone

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
johno
Sergeant Commanding

Movie Review: Gone Baby Gone

Post by johno »

Don't hate because Ben Affleck directed this movie. It's a sure Oscar contender, and for good reason. Gripping plot, with plenty of twists to keep you guessing. Violence & dread. Great acting. And the movie poses a good moral dilemma.

No dinosaurs, car chases, huge boobs or atomic explosions. But still a great movie.

cimes
Sgt. Major

Post by cimes »

Thanks for the review. I was thinking about seeing that this weekend;
CI
"I predict that within the next couple years he will author a Dragon Door book possibly with Pavel called "Return to the Kettlebell"" -Sandman on Rant

kallistos
Sarge

Post by kallistos »

Another fucking movie set in South Boston. There are more interesting places in the world for fuck's sake.

Topic author
johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

I've never seen S. Boston look like this...some of the no-name actors made for scenes from an urban Deliverance.

Also, Casey Affleck is totally convincing in his role. So is Ed Harris and Amy Ryan, who plays the missing girl's crackhead Mom.

RyaWall

Post by RyaWall »

kallistos wrote:Another fucking movie set in South Boston. There are more interesting places in the world for fuck's sake.
Boston is the center of the Universe...all begins and ends with Boston

cimes
Sgt. Major

Post by cimes »

johno wrote:I've never seen S. Boston look like this...some of the no-name actors made for scenes from an urban Deliverance.

Also, Casey Affleck is totally convincing in his role. So is Ed Harris and Amy Ryan, who plays the missing girl's crackhead Mom.
We saw it yesterday. It was very good.
"I predict that within the next couple years he will author a Dragon Door book possibly with Pavel called "Return to the Kettlebell"" -Sandman on Rant

MonkeyJesus
Gunny

Post by MonkeyJesus »

Was going to see it yesterday, looks like a good movie. We were running behind and watched Rendition instead - also very good.

cimes
Sgt. Major

Post by cimes »

Saw Rendition over the weekend. I agree it was very good-very entertaining and suspenseful.

CI

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves »

kallistos wrote:Another fucking movie set in South Boston. There are more interesting places in the world for fuck's sake.
Well,the book it's based is by Dennis LeHane ("Mystic River"), and the book is all about the Boston underground...so it's pretty much required.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man