Full KOntact Kettlebells Vol. 2

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author

Full KOntact Kettlebells Vol. 2

Post by ___________ »

Just got my DVD today. After viewing the DVD, did a quick workout with just 2 movements from the DVD. Gotta say, Steve put together a great DVD that is full of great drills that I will be integrating into my preperation for my next round of MMA. The Rotations w/High Knee and the multi level slipping were a good time and were pretty demanding after my jiu jitsu class today. Tomorrow I'll give a few more movements a shot and report back.

Marc

Dave

BUY IT!!!

Post by Dave »

Buy this DVD!!
Steve does a great job of integrating kbs with Bagua. He shows kb drills and follows them by showing how the move relates to Bagua movements then tosses Mike Castrogiovanni around the gym to demo the applications.

Many drills are done from the position on strength (the rack) & of extreme weakness (overhead) using two kb. He does a quick review of Vol1 as well as a brief intro to Chi Gong breathing at the beginning.

The vast majoity of drills I've never seen before, however some of you that have taken Steve's workshops probably have seen some of them.

He does towel swings (ala Maxwell) with a 32k bell, alt snatches with 2x32k, duck walks, creep downs and other lower basin (deep stance) work and also integrates Bagua circular stepping with various kb work.

The man is a mutant.

Production quality & sound both very good to excellent. Length is about 1:15:00. Even Fat Cats graphics are good. \:D/ \:D/

You shouldn't pass this one up. The only caveat is that this is definitely NOT A BEGINNERS dvd.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Fat Cat wrote: People have never really seen true mastery, so they don't even know that they don't have it.

Hagbard
Sgt. Major

Post by Hagbard »

It shall be my next fun purchase, probably next month. Thanks for the reviews!
?

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves »

Many thanks for the review, and especially for letting us know it was out. This is definitely on my list.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

Tom Furman
Corporal

Post by Tom Furman »

Steve Cotter's Full Kontact Kettlebell's Two- Applied Strength.

I anxiously awaited viewing Steve Cotter's new DVD. His first DVD was very impressive and concise. He pioneered the ideas of positions of strength, and positions of compromise when performing martial based strength moves. His opening sequence would impress anyone, even hard core martial arts practitioners like myself. It would be a hard act to follow. Well,..guess what? Steve's NEW DVD IS WAY, WAY, BETTER.

It is hard to imagine anyone taking an internal martial art like Hsing I, applying the use of kettlebell technology, and coming up with a better DVD than Steve did. It is just that good. Steve reviews the components of Volume One, and demonstrates their combative applications in a demo that shows Steve has skills that work rather than just look pretty. Steve then expands on this base of movement mechanics into other variables such as waist and torso motion, and extensive legwork. Steve's leg strength is nothing short of remarkable throughout the program. Beginners should be forewarned to spend ample months practicing the moves from FullKontact One before even venturing into the eerie netherworld of FullKontact Two.
What was particularly impressive was the sequencing of the movements that Steve teaches. The root motion is taught. The exercise is then shown in the position of strength, then the position of compromise. Finally Steve shows martial applications of each of the exercises that use kettlebells.
Particularly interesting is the Duckwalking and Towel Swinging exercises. These are highly advanced exercises and will certainly give the viewer something to shoot for after some foundational training in the basic positions and movements that are taught as part of the FULLKONTACT curriculum.
I highly recommend this DVD for anyone involved in strength training. It is absolutely necessary to own for anyone in martial arts. If however, you are involved in hardcore strength work, extreme conditioning, combat tested martial arts, and Russian Kettlebells, it would be a crime not to buy it immediately. Steve Cotter is spreading his knowledge to the masses. I for one will be listening. This DVD is a SLAM DUNK.

Tom Furman http://www.physicalstrategies.com
"Do you believe in Jesus?"
---Yes.
"Well, you're gonna meet him!"

Charles Bronson, Death Wish 2

macmad
Gunny

Full Contact Kettlebells V2

Post by macmad »

excellent DVD, well thought out and planned, much better than volume 1, in fact if you buy this you probably don't need volume one as it's refreshed here.

As with volume 1, you really need a set of kettlebells in different weights,
but I think you could substitute dumbells for most of the basics, the dragon twisting, and the bagus stepping at least.

combines basics (directional movements with racked KB's, and dragon twisting ) from vol1, with bagua stepping ( excellent overview )
some strength exercises inc bent press, alternating snatch, and towel swings, then agility exercises and stretches to finish up
plus applications of all exercises

Kettlebell exercises explained well with multiple angles.
Excellent demo of bent press and alternating snatches.

Lots of information and the applications of the drills are very well done.
Suitable for all martial artists/athletes, drills have carryover to Judo, Karate, and chinese arts

Only criticism I have is that a widescreen format would have been great
as on some of the applications the opponent falls out of view.
An index and chapter numbers in the packaging would have been usefull, might be just my DVD player but it shows as one chapter all the way through, only minor as if you press the forward button it still skips to the right chapter with a black screen before each section with titles of the exercises.

Overall Good value, Highly recommended

PS: compare Steves or Mahler's latest DVD's at both over an hour of usefull information, with Pavels latest stretching works sold on two DVD's and both together are less than an hour. People are obviously buying pavels stuff for the name alone.

PC Polar Circle Person
Sgt. Major

Post by PC Polar Circle Person »

Where can I buy it?

macmad
Gunny

where to buy

Post by macmad »

Stig,
unfortunately only from Dragondoor, steve cotters site doesn't have it listed.
service comparison for international orders.
3 x grippers from Ironmind, ordered on 4th April, at my door on Friday the 8th ( perth Australia ). freight cost US $ 24, US postal priority
actual freight cost to Ironmind $22 ( printed on label )
1 x DVD from dragon door, ordered 1st April, arrived 14th April
freight charged $ 22, US postal standard service I'll bet the freight only cost them about $ 10
Paul

Tom Furman
Corporal

Post by Tom Furman »

Put this information about the Ironmind grippers vs the Pavel DVD on DD forum. Everyone should just complain. No problem with a 20 minute dvd if it costs 15 bucks. Shipping should be cheaper and better.

I complained about Beyond Bodybuilding and got the price slashed by 50%. I have yet to buy a copy.

Complain about all the products including the Cert's and they will be forced to deal with the market. I like Pavel's stuff. I don't like paying alot of money for it. Mike Mahler and Steve Cotter have put out superior products and everyone knows it. What do you want, and hour plus of Steve and Mike, or 20 too 30 minutes of Pavel?? I fully endorse Steve and Mike.

Full Contact One is a little more detailed for beginners on the basics. Besides that, the opening sequence of Steve is cool.

Tom Furman
"Do you believe in Jesus?"
---Yes.
"Well, you're gonna meet him!"

Charles Bronson, Death Wish 2

HZMN

Post by HZMN »

You can also buy Mike Mahler and Steve Cotter's DVD's at: http://uskettlebells.com/store/index.php

Gav
Sgt. Major

Post by Gav »

Stig, there is a site in England who sell DD products. I got Steve's first DVD from there. It'll get to you quicker too.

http://www.kettlebells.co.uk/

PC Polar Circle Person
Sgt. Major

Post by PC Polar Circle Person »

WTF? JDC wants me to buy from someone else.

Hagbard
Sgt. Major

Post by Hagbard »

Just got my copy of FK 2 today at Nationals from Steve.

BUY THIS DVD, MOTHERFUCKER!

That's all I can say.

That fat hawaiian pussy did a good job on the cover design, too.
?

irontamer
Gunny

Post by irontamer »

It's a Cotter video. That's all you need to know. Buy it.
"With 135 on the bar you don't get to be called "Bro", unless it is curls or skull crushers." -PL54