Steve Justa's "Rock, Iron, Steel".

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Steve Justa's "Rock, Iron, Steel".

Post by Sangoma »

A week ago received and read Steve Justa's Rock, Iron, Steel: The Book of Strength. Small but enjoyable. Strongman type of workouts. No nonsense training methods, very simple and (by the looks of it) very efficient. The most complicated piece of equipment, besides a barbell, is a barrell. And guess what, he does not sell any special barrells for that special exercise. Good info on singles, partials, isometrics, carrying weight and so on. Again, nothing fancy and probably can be found on the Net for free. But nice to have it in the library. Besides, his writing style is quite fun: unedited un-cosmetic farmworker's narrative. Very good.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Steve Justa's "Rock, Iron, Steel".

Post by Fat Cat »

1999 wants its book report back.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

A generally unsung "gem" of a training book.

beefheart
Sergeant Commanding

Post by beefheart »

Justa Rocks...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9imkPHCtqwk[/youtube]

...but you probably wouldn't want to live next door to him.
How to contact Steve! For $20 you get a copy of Steve Justa's high plains heavy metal iron masters super strength bible no bull, all new over 40 photos, 20 big pgs, big lifts/big poses, to order send $20 to Steve Justa, PO Box 97, Harvard, NE 68944 USA. Also if there is anybody out their with money to spend I'll come and personally train you for one month, for $30,000, I've developed systems for speed strength, brute force strength or getting a ripped chiseled body. If you want the edge on the competition and you got the money I got the time. I've got over 30 years of experience, if you are interested send me a letter and I'll get back to you. I once lifted 4800 lbs off the ground an inch up in one effort in the backlift only 2 men in recorded history have ever lifted more, so if you want to learn, learn from one of the best.
ab g-d wrote:I can't understand how, given the training they did, the cavemen beat the dinosaurs.

Hamper

Post by Hamper »

This is what you get if you send him $20.About 20 pages of doodles and scribbling.
http://powerandbulk.com/phpBB2/viewtopi ... eve+justas

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Awesome. Holy crap.

Topic author
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

How to contact Steve! For $20 you get a copy of Steve Justa's high plains heavy metal iron masters super strength bible no bull, all new over 40 photos, 20 big pgs, big lifts/big poses, to order send $20 to Steve Justa, PO Box 97, Harvard, NE 68944 USA. Also if there is anybody out their with money to spend I'll come and personally train you for one month, for $30,000, I've developed systems for speed strength, brute force strength or getting a ripped chiseled body. If you want the edge on the competition and you got the money I got the time. I've got over 30 years of experience, if you are interested send me a letter and I'll get back to you.
That's pushing it a little, I must say. A book for $16 feels like better deal to me. :ANAL: