The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

mr. snrub
Sarge

Re: The couch thread

Post by mr. snrub »

Wow.

She's reading IGx's fav book!

sanchezero

Post by sanchezero »

^meow.
have you ever been as far as even considered go want to do look more like?

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien »

She actually has a gross anatomy book in that shelf... could she be a med student?
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
Now look. I've eaten a pice of pie.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.

RPC
Sarge

Post by RPC »

Coach straightens us out today with the "true" story on Dan John -
Tim J, #37

Dan John wasn't removed for "not furiously defending crossfit", he was criticized for making profoundly misleading statements about his involvement with CF, and our influence on his professional work, and then passed up for a much more accomplished lifter and coach, Mark Rippetoe. It was all nettlesome, yet I'd do it again if circumstance presented itself similarly.

Comment #49 - Posted by: Coach at August 3, 2008 10:38 PM

ledfistaco
Gunny

Post by ledfistaco »

Anon

Post by Anon »

I cannot even make myself read that thread...does this mean I have finally hit the apathy phase...whew.
"Anonymous. Because none of us are as cruel as all of us."

Guiseppie
Sarge

Post by Guiseppie »

ledfist wrote:http://crossfitnyc.com/2008/08/mon-aug-4.html
xfit vs Olympian discussion.
Ah yes, with the Olympics almost upon us, the armchair commentary heats up.

Danny John
Gunny

Post by Danny John »

I couldn't find that post by Greg and I used time and number. But, like Gary says, after ten (if you have other issues) is a bad time to write, call or post on the net.

Danny John
Gunny

Post by Danny John »

It's August 4...

RPC
Sarge

Post by RPC »

Danny John wrote:It's August 4...
Yeah. Quote is dated the 3rd but under today's comments.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

fucking hell.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

That is a pretty high degree of prickitude
Don’t believe everything you think.

The Real Rant
Anal Sadist

Post by The Real Rant »

ledfist wrote:http://crossfitnyc.com/2008/08/mon-aug-4.html

These discussions have been going on for years and follow the same pattern. Its reason 3,543 for why everyone hates @fit.

RPC
Sarge

Post by RPC »

Good lord....

Lauren needs to take away Couch's keyboard and send him to timeout...
Keith #71,

The good thing about the Internet, OK, the bad thing for you, is that we don't have to dicker; there's a public record.

The entire Dan John fiasco occurred in public. That is, in fact, something I took some criticism for. Your characterization is flat out false.

Maybe you don't remember, more likely you weren't paying attention, but at any rate my criticisms were made on these very pages and that record is indisputably in sync with my comments today.

Maybe you have claim to my motivations beyond the public record of my statements, but I find that ludicrous.

Do a little homework and come back and explain to us the source of your confusion. It would be interesting to see.

Comment #123 - Posted by: Coach at August 4, 2008 1:08 PM

Guiseppie
Sarge

Post by Guiseppie »

On the subject of idiotic rest day comments, wtf is this guy talking about?
Anyone else receive the latest issue of ESPN the magazine and see Coach's son in there. I assume he is going to Bejing? What an accomplishment. I will look for him during the coverage. If that is not the best testimonial of crossfit and what coach believes I don't know what is!!!

Comment #120 - Posted by: dtrain54 at August 4, 2008 12:50 PM

cimes
Sgt. Major

Post by cimes »

He is likely talking about Casey Burgener. Mike Burgeners son.

CI
"I predict that within the next couple years he will author a Dragon Door book possibly with Pavel called "Return to the Kettlebell"" -Sandman on Rant

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Casey IS a perfect testimonial for @fit. Take a guy who lives at the Olympic Training Center, hire his dad, then credit the Olympian's achievements to your model.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Guiseppie
Sarge

Post by Guiseppie »

Right on. It's not like the many years of strength building, performing thousands of quality repetitions of the lifts, and the utmost dedication (specialization) to the sport had anything to do with it. #-o

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Burgener loves crossfit for his gym classes, and I'm sure Casey did some form of crossfit when he wasn't actively training for a meet. He's not doing any at the fucking olympic training hall, and nobody else is either.

Anon

Post by Anon »

Keith #71,

The good thing about the Internet, OK, the bad thing for you, is that we don't have to dicker; there's a public record.

The entire Dan John fiasco occurred in public. That is, in fact, something I took some criticism for. Your characterization is flat out false.

Maybe you don't remember, more likely you weren't paying attention, but at any rate my criticisms were made on these very pages and that record is indisputably in sync with my comments today.

Maybe you have claim to my motivations beyond the public record of my statements, but I find that ludicrous.

Do a little homework and come back and explain to us the source of your confusion. It would be interesting to see.

Link please cooch
"Anonymous. Because none of us are as cruel as all of us."

RPC
Sarge

Post by RPC »

Joe wrote:
Keith #71,

Link please cooch
No worries. Looks like they kissed and made up.
I just spoke to Dan John. He's my friend. The spat is over. We'll be getting together as soon as schedules allow. This was unfortunate and I regret my obvious part in allowing the row to start and continue.

Comment #159 - Posted by: Coach at August 4, 2008 5:12 PM

Sassenach
ironslinger

Post by Sassenach »

Don't do it Dan John! It's a trap!
Kazuya Mishima wrote:they can pry the bacon from my cold dead hand.

LiftHeavyShit
Sarge

Post by LiftHeavyShit »

ledfist wrote:
http://crossfitnyc.com/2008/08/mon-aug-4.html

These discussions have been going on for years and follow the same pattern. Its reason 3,543 for why everyone hates @fit.
Look at that shit now. They get called out on their own site, and the whole group comes together to create an ever great sense of dip-shittery.

Unfuckingbelieveable

Botototo
Staff Sergeant

Post by Botototo »

Actually, I tried to re-find Glassman's "calling out" of DJ on the CF.com front page not long ago, and as far as I can tell that "public record" was Big Brothered out of existence, as were the accompanying forum threads. If anyone can find it let me know, I may just be useless.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Brandon,

Search this specific thread, and and under my username and you should come up with the cut and paste version of it.

On Crossfit forums, the relevant stuff can probably be found if you search "300" or "Twight", IIRC.