"Tooth And Nail:" Oh how the Madsen have fallen!

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

"Tooth And Nail:" Oh how the Madsen have fallen!

Post by GoDogGo! »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0922642/

Hey, it's better than "Doomsday!" Of course, that's not saying much.

This is one of the "8 Films to Die For" series from 2007.
Several semi-ethical, but dumb-as-bricks folks holed up in a hospital in a post-petroleum wasteland (actually I think it's Philadelphia) fight for their lives against a bunch of cannibals. That's pretty much it. Amateur-made, shot on location, low-budget, lots of gore.

The main annoyance was of course how stupid most of the characters seemed to be. I was perplexed why all these people were following "The Professor" when he obviously had no clue about planning for the long term, securing unused doors, etc. Maybe because he was Robert Carradine, I dunno. My wife, as usual, sat there and yelled things like "PICK UP THAT HATCHET YOU IDIOT! GOD DAMN IT THEY'RE SO STUPID!"

Michael Madsen (the psychopathic Mr. Blonde from "Reservoir Dogs") appears for a couple of scenes as a cannibal, cracks wise a few times, then dies. Times are hard; work is where you find it.

Overall it was competently although cheaply made, and it was made the time fly while I organized my nuts and bolts containers.

It also pointed out one interesting phenomenon with movie scripts in general. A character made a wildly inconsistent statement, at which point I said "Either it's a really sloppy script, or that bitch is lying and needs to catch an axe in her face."

(She was lying, and I think it was actually a spiked mace upside her head instead of an axe in the face)
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.