The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Re: The couch thread

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

T200.

Your thought processes are eerily similar to mine, historically speaking, that is.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

I'd hit it like a fucking truck.

But there is no way in hell I'd give her my real name.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Dano

Post by Dano »

Did anyone see the new T-Bag article with the fat chick that went from 320-pound mother to 190-pound tranny? T-Bag called her a "goddess". I was frightened.
All a man has is his word and to keep himself free.

kitosho
Sarge

Post by kitosho »

i would hit tattoo chick or shari without hesitation
THE END IS NIGH

kitosho
Sarge

Post by kitosho »

like literally hit them, with my hand or a bat
THE END IS NIGH

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

Gin Master wrote:
Banned wrote:C'mon. Who doesn't want to be the meat in that sandwich?

I mean, besides me.
I've admitted to things far worse than that. Sober.

Am I interested? No. Are they attractive? Shari OK, the other not so much. Would I? Absolutely.
This is on point. all you old fucks are fag city if you couldn't get it up to smash either one of these freak shows. maybe you belong in the "my dick don't work" thread.
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Alright stop. Collaborate and listen. Hot or not, these chicks are worth hittin'. I'd grab a hold of them tightly. Stick my harpoon in daily and nightly. Would I ever stop? Yo I don't know. But in their ass I would eventually blow. To the extreme I'd lick their ass like a vandal, then on their face I'd drop my wax like from a candle. I'm just sayin'.

sanchezero

Post by sanchezero »

^wat he said. fo'sho.
have you ever been as far as even considered go want to do look more like?

ab g-d

Post by ab g-d »

They do also seem to have an endless supply of these....

Growing old is not for sissies.

"I'm just here to regulate funkyness"
James Gandolfini in The Mexican

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Shapecharge wrote:Alright stop. Collaborate and listen. Hot or not, these chicks are worth hittin'. I'd grab a hold of them tightly. Stick my harpoon in daily and nightly. Would I ever stop? Yo I don't know. But in their ass I would eventually blow. To the extreme I'd lick their ass like a vandal, then on their face I'd drop my wax like from a candle. I'm just sayin'.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Fanfuckingtastic Shapebaby!

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

The squatting to the balls has to happen so they can cut the depth and bounce off. I've seen so many XF vids where they are rebounding off a med ball or something instead of using proper technique.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I assume you were dancing while you were rapping.
Shapecharge wrote:Alright stop. Collaborate and listen. Hot or not, these chicks are worth hittin'. I'd grab a hold of them tightly. Stick my harpoon in daily and nightly. Would I ever stop? Yo I don't know. But in their ass I would eventually blow. To the extreme I'd lick their ass like a vandal, then on their face I'd drop my wax like from a candle. I'm just sayin'.

Don’t believe everything you think.

Hagbard
Sgt. Major

Post by Hagbard »

This thread reminds me of that old KRS-One song..."the ass is still free... cuz the drugs cost money, whoa yeah."
?

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

ab g-d wrote:They do also seem to have an endless supply of these....

LOL @ "Crystal and Carey." They're migrating all the girls to stripper names.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

Shaf wrote:The squatting to the balls has to happen so they can cut the depth and bounce off. I've seen so many XF vids where they are rebounding off a med ball or something instead of using proper technique.
The bouncing is negligible. The problem is CFers just "fall" onto the ball, negating a lot of the eccentric portion of the air squat. I was given a ball to "use" for my first CF workout. After bashing my testes on the thing I kicked the thing away.

They use it as a depth gauge which is silly because 1) one size does not fit all, and 2) that's the last thing you should be thinking about when attempting a max. Yes, there are videos of CFers using balls on max attempts--back, front, and overhead.

Sofa King

Post by Sofa King »

Gin Master wrote:
Shaf wrote:The squatting to the balls has to happen so they can cut the depth and bounce off. I've seen so many XF vids where they are rebounding off a med ball or something instead of using proper technique.
The bouncing is negligible. The problem is CFers just "fall" onto the ball, negating a lot of the eccentric portion of the air squat. I was given a ball to "use" for my first CF workout. After bashing my testes on the thing I kicked the thing away.
Lesson: Never squat naked. Yoga naked? Yes. Squat, and for that matter, deadlift naked? Not advised.
And for you @fitters, never, and I mean never, attempt rope climbs naked. . .unless you're Nicole, Sharibabee, ANYC, or Eva T. Then, by all means do it all nekked.

Please. (Note: the Dirt Diva is purposely omitted from the above list as she is just plain icky)
WGM wrote:Fall off a chinup bar, drop a barbell on your head, or piss yourself at the bottom of a squat and the Internet will never forget you.

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

Banned wrote:
Gin Master wrote:
Lesson: Never squat naked. Yoga naked? Yes. Squat, and for that matter, deadlift naked? Not advised.
And for you @fitters, never, and I mean never, attempt rope climbs naked. . .unless you're Nicole, Sharibabee, ANYC, or Eva T. Then, by all means do it all nekked.

Please. (Note: the Dirt Diva is purposely omitted from the above list as she is just plain icky)
Some of those chicks are pretty amped up. Between their enlarged clits and crazy meat flaps, I'm thinking nude rope climbing would effectively give them a third hand.

Soon we will see a CF "girl" scale a rope and then let go with her hands whilst still hanging on the rope. When that day comes, I will get hard and start to clap, or I will cry myself to sleep in the fetal position under a running shower.

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

Stop the presses, IGXers. Behold, a love note from Couch himself!

I will say, that when I posted on CF, BOTO carried the banner well. He asked questions and had an experimental approach, but always talked up the merits of CF. Now, of course, Coach has no use for him and wants to curb stomp BOTO right next to Hillis. Bashing him like Couch did is shitty.

All in all, a pretty reasonable, measured response from Couch. Not the usual rhetoric. First, T-Nation capitulates and now this. Maybe Shaf can be biographer.

PS Using Robb Wolf as an example of CF rank and file is a bit much, don't you think?

PPS Which one of you fat fucks took half an hour to do Fran?

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthrea ... 80&page=51
Re: T-Nation, Shugart and the Truth About CrossFit
On the issue of the 500-750 lb deadlift within two years:

I've never 1rm tested anyone brand new to the deadlift. It would be unethical.

I used the number in an off hand way in an interview to suggest a starting point.

I saw a lot of people hit 500+ within two years when the pool of CF'ers was relatively small. As the pool grew the number of folks hitting 500 with no other training was growing rapidly as well.

The 750 figure was a guesstimate based on what looked like, to me, like an approaching assymptote. I did have a CrossFitting client in LA pull 750, Joe Droke. He powerlifted for fun as a kid but had not seen numbers like that or even close. I also do not know if he was clean or not. I still believe it to be the high end figure, but only time will tell. I don't know what the maximum deadlift after two years of training will be or is. I don't even know what the current max is. We'll never know what the max starting deadlift is. The proposition is somewhat untestable.

Ultimately and techically my assertion was more than conjecture. It was a hypothesis stated as fact with zero intent to mislead. I still like the number and if I had to pick the upper range today for two years of CF, 750 would be the number. It's also my high-end for general athletic capacity. In other words 750 lbs, is in my opinion, the last generally useful athletic deadlift.

It's also my opinion that CF develops better physiques than isolation movements without steroids. I spent decades in the epicenter of the bodybuilding world and this is my observation. I've not seen people I know to be clean, doing bodybuilding, develop physiques like the CF'ers or gymnasts. What if I'm wrong? So what? My hope for CF would be that I was wrong. I'd like to get all of what we're getting without additional body mass, but alas, that's not the case. Mass for mass' sake is a detriment to performance. It's that simple.

The stir here, the need to call me a liar, the need to hate CF, and it's attendant need to find something, anything, anything false or even remotely misleading among literally thousands of pages of CF material, comes from those who hate CF. Those haters have a home in IronGarm. I don't believe the IronGarm crowd really has problems with my statements. I believe their issue is more related to 26 minute Frans and the like. Many, perhaps most, of the regulars at IronGarm once posted here under real names on the msg boad, and in comments, or worked out at affiliates. All of those that we know to be real people fit that description. One of the powerlifting loudmouths at IronGarm got bested by a 75 pound lighter Robb Wolf regularly at 1RM lifts and left with his tail tucked to rail against CrossFit at ironGarm, another young man actually posted a 26 minute Fran in comments and is an Icon at IronGarm. It's my presumption that these two individuals are representative of the entire site. Remember, this is a site where graphically imagined depictions of murder of me and my wife were seen as funny (with a Philadelphia PA, assistant DA prosecuting cybercrimes contributing in the same thread), and antisemitism and racism are de rigeur.
BOTO bashing begins here. That's what happens when you don't kiss Couch's ring.
Couch wrote:I'm not putting you, Brandon, entirely in that camp among our haters. (I'd be surpriesed to find a 26 minute Fran or racism in your makeup.) But, you do hate CF, perhaps without knowing it.

Brandon, you're a different bird. You're a fairly smart kid, but technically limited. You don't understand fitness, nor do you understand physics and mathematics. But more to the point you don't quite yet get CF. Our claim is that work capacity across broad time and modal domains is a better predictor of athletic/physical (take your pick) capacity than any tests of "the 10 general physical skills", cardiorespiratory endurance, stamina, strength, etc, individually, or collectively, and of the common "scientific" or laboratory correlates of performance like LT, V02 max etc., but more importantly it is my contention that work capacity across broad time and modal domains contains ALL of what is worthwhile within those concepts and metrics. How much cardiorespiratory endurance do I want? Only as much as supports the maximum work capacity across broad time and modal domains. How much flexibility do I want? Only as much as supports maximum work capacity across broad time and modal domains. How high a V02 max do I want? Only as much as supports maximum work capacity across broad time and modal domains.

I do not know of a metric whose chief value does not lie in supporting work capacity across broad time and modal domains. Given our commitment to a broad, general, and inclusive fitness, I do not know of a worthwhile correlate with value beyond, or outside, of its contribution to work capacity across broad time and modal domains. This is why and how work capacity has, for us, replaced the other more operational definitions initially offered in "What is Fitness?" It's been a shock to me that you missed this. It was also a shock to me, especially given your interest in philosophy, that you didn't know that all definitions of words are at some point arbitrary. But, I digress.

Here's what is motivating you, Brandon, if I can play armchair psychologist. You love CrossFit and it bothers you to know end that you didn't create CF and have yourself made no contribution to human performace. I know you'd like to. I've watched you trying. You've created a fitness program, eerily similar to CF, you've built a website to support it, and within that website you've laid out your claim to a precise and effective schedule that will develop fitness. You and I are a lot alike in this regard, the chief difference being that your program has not been tested, tried, or noticed, yet you hold CF to standards that your efforts, your program, has clearly and completely avoided.

How do you promote a fitness program with no supporting evidence, not one measurable, observable, repeatable data point, not one visible client or participant, with no supporting metrics or even a definition of what it is that your program does, ie, no definition of fitness, and troll here holding me to standards light years away from your own fitness concept? It renders the invincible ignorance of CF methods or justifications you express here disingenuous. How do our successes in the real world require of us what you cannot oblige for your program? Kid that's a bit sleazy, isn't it? Maybe it's not sleazy, just hypocritical. You make the call. You're the philosophy major. Remember, though, define your terms.

Oh, and one last thing, are you going to send representatives of your fitness program to the CF Games? If so I'll waive their fees, fly them out, and most certainly record their performance. This would be a great way for you to demonstrate the rigors of your program.

All,

There is no diet, no exercise program, no sport training program anywhere founded on or developed on first principles. Exercise science is a myth if seen as other than a nascent science yet to make a significant contribution to human performance. I know of no sport, coaching technique, performance record or notable achievement in human performance derived even in part from scientific work. I say this fully aware of what went on behind the iron curtain. I also believe that the efforts we've undertaken under the rubric of "evidence based fitness" in conjunction with our two and three dimensional model for fitness and health are a significant advance to putting human performance on a scientific footing.
Last edited by Gin Master on Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Real Rant
Anal Sadist

Post by The Real Rant »

I see he's on a dry drunk again.

The Real Rant
Anal Sadist

Post by The Real Rant »

Couch what's your Fran time?

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

Cooch wrote:As the pool grew the number of folks hitting 500 with no other training was growing rapidly as well.
These doods must be hiding in the pool.
Last edited by stosh on Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler

The Real Rant
Anal Sadist

Post by The Real Rant »

stosh wrote:
Gin Master wrote:As the pool grew the number of folks hitting 500 with no other training was growing rapidly as well.
These doods must be hiding in the pool.
Word. A 400 pound pull is an outlier.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Ah....fame.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

The Real Rant
Anal Sadist

Post by The Real Rant »

Isn't this kid he's arguing with like 17 years old or something? Couch has clearly gone off the reservation.

Anon

Post by Anon »

pontificate
pon·tif·i·cate [ pon tíffi kàyt ]

Definition:
1. speak pompously: to speak about something in a knowing and self-important way, especially when not qualified to do so
"Anonymous. Because none of us are as cruel as all of us."