Double Watchmen Blu-ray review

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Ronald RayGun

Double Watchmen Blu-ray review

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comic

I'm pretty enamored with this. It's the entire book, frame by frame with music, sound effects and narration. It's not animated really, but everything blends so seamlessly at times it feels alive. You feel like you get to see the frames between the frames. The narrator is an incredibly talented voice actor, but seeing as how he does every voice you just kinda have to deal with him doing all of the female voices. Not a very big deal though. The entire story is paced very well and clocks in at a little over 5 & a half hours. Not exactly sure how non Watchmen fans would feel about it, but if you are a complete fanboy like me I can't recommend it enough.

Watchmen: Tales Of The Black Freighter & Hollis Mason's Under The Hood

This one is strictly for the fans. Tales Of The Black Freighter is the epic side story laced throughout the last 11 chapters. Even though they don't cover 100% of the story the animation is gorgeous, the voice acting by Gerard Butler is amazing and the story is every bit as chilling. Top notch.

Under The Hood is presented as a series of live action interviews with some of the actors from the movie. In the interviews they cover ground from a few of the 'after the chapter' text sequences and holy shit I loved it. I don't know if I'm the only one, but the post chapter texts are the most interesting parts to me in a book with endlessly interesting material.

Couldn't love these more and now I have to see the flicker.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar