Snus

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Re: Snus

Post by seeahill »

Andy,
I did taste it, which is why I weighed in. It tastes a lot like slightly sweetened Earl Grey tea. It doesn't resemble, say, a peppermint life saver. The taste is bit more subtle than that.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

seeahill wrote:Andrew,
I don't think that flavor is peppermint. I think it is bergamot orange, the same stuff that they use in Earl Grey tea. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not peppermint.

Also, it's sweet. While Swedish snus tastes faintly of salt. Unless you buy the kind of Swedish stuff that is flavored with citrus or bergamot.

Also, a second warning addressed to Turd: on March 16 I ordered $93 worth of snus from the Northerner. It hasn't arrived and they haven't answered my emails.
That sucks, I've never had any problems.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Andy77
Lifetime IGer

Post by Andy77 »

seeahill wrote:Andy,
I did taste it, which is why I weighed in. It tastes a lot like slightly sweetened Earl Grey tea. It doesn't resemble, say, a peppermint life saver. The taste is bit more subtle than that.
I wouldn't know anything about Earl Grey tea or any other kind of tea. Only faggots drink tea.

Your taste buds and experiences must be totally fucked up because Frost flavor Camel brand snus has a very strong long lasting peppermint flavor. It does most definitely resemble a peppermint life saver only 20 times more potent. Now STFU and quit bothering me.
Obama...'I burned your house down and saved you from slipping in the bathtub." ...Greg Gutfeld.

Mutant
Gunny

Post by Mutant »

Camel Snus has two favors, Frost = peppermint, Mellow = bergamot

Also, some say Northerner has had some problems with shipping the last 6 months or so, most reporting in the US that it is taking twice as long as before. Guessing it has to do with customs or changes with the shippers. Some of this is detailed in a forum about snus at SnusOn.

seeahill

Post by seeahill »

Mutant wrote:Camel Snus has two favors, Frost = peppermint, Mellow = bergamot

Also, some say Northerner has had some problems with shipping the last 6 months or so, most reporting in the US that it is taking twice as long as before. Guessing it has to do with customs or changes with the shippers. Some of this is detailed in a forum about snus at SnusOn.
Mutated One,
Thanks for the info on the Northerner.

As for the flavor of Camel frost, try it. The stuff may have spearmint, but there is a sweet flowery taste that I think is bergamot. Not peppermint, at least to my taste.

As for Camel Mellow: I don't know what it has in it. The taste was too sweet and un-tobacco-like for me. I spit it out. I can tolerate Frost in the absence of good Swedish Snus. I like Grov Svart portion.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Just placed an order, they now have a US and a Swedish warehouse. Given the problems reported, I just ordered from the US one. They have plenty of General products in stock.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Update: US warehouse said 1-3 days for shipping. I ordered Saturday (after hours), received it on Wednesday.

seeahill

Post by seeahill »

Thanks. IT appears the US warehouse does not carry the full complement of snus varieties, however.

Stillwater
Staff Sergeant

Post by Stillwater »

I ordered from getssnus.com. I had some issues getting my age verified, but after a call to customer service my order went through. I bought a bunch of different stuff to try. By ordering 5 things I got a free random can (General Wintergreen).

General Mixed Sampler -

Included are 3 portions each of:
-General Dry Mini Mint Portion ( I really liked the mint more that I expected. Good mint taste and not sweet like the Camel Frost)
-General Wintergreen Portion ( Very good strong Wintergreen Taste I liked Kodiak and this is a good substitute.)
-General White Portion (Haven't tried yet)
-General Original Portion (Haven't tried yet)

Offroad Coffee Vanilla Portion - The coffee vanilla flavor is there, but very mild.

Offroad American Wintergreen Portion - O.K. but I prefer General

Offroad Apple Portion - Again just a hint of apple, I'd prefer if the flavor was stronger.

Skruf Original Portion - Plain tobacco flavor, I'm interested to see how the General compares.

Overall I think I'll be sticking with the wintergreen and mint. Like I said I used Kodiak and the General Wintergreen gives me what I'm looking for. The mint is a change when I want something different. I also discovered I like the mini portion better. The standard portion seem too big in my upper lip.

I'm really liking the whole snus experience. Not having to use a bottle for spitting is nice and I imaging most of the time nobody will even know I have it in.

Also I just noticed getsnus has a free sample offer .

http://getsnus.com/snus/sample_offer.asp
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. - Helen Keller

Garm
Sgt. Major

Post by Garm »

Y'know, I've been in many arguments and witnessed many more, a few even degenerating into fistfights, about the relative merits of Beech-Nut versus Levi Garret or Red Man, Plug versus Leaf, whether dipping snuff necessarily makes one a faggot, and, if not, whether the exemption only applies to Copenhagen. Fundamentally, this 'Snus' thing is a prime example of attempting to dip your toe in the manhood pool without having the nut sack to jump right in. It's understandable, of course - the big boys may pick on you, after all, or call you names.

Go to the 7-11 now. Reclaim your lost testes. Browns Mule Plug will be required to reverse the process. Bite off a big fat chunk and forget about spitting. It's unnecessary for the male among us.
My SIG can beat up your SIG.

seeahill

Post by seeahill »

And for God's sake, don't forget to scratch your balls, pump your sister and sleep under the porch with the pigs and dogs.

Garm
Sgt. Major

Post by Garm »

seeahill wrote:And for God's sake, don't forget to scratch your balls, pump your sister and sleep under the porch with the pigs and dogs.
Pretty close to the point, Timbulb: If you are going to chew tobacco, chew tobacco. If you want half-caf mint mocha iced risk-free tobacco, you might as well wipe the flavoring liberally about your partner's dick and get your jollies sans pretense.
My SIG can beat up your SIG.

seeahill

Post by seeahill »

Garm wrote:
seeahill wrote:And for God's sake, don't forget to scratch your balls, pump your sister and sleep under the porch with the pigs and dogs.
Pretty close to the point, Timbulb: If you are going to chew tobacco, chew tobacco. If you want half-caf mint mocha iced risk-free tobacco, you might as well wipe the flavoring liberally about your partner's dick and get your jollies sans pretense.
Well, Swedish snus can be flavored, but the straight snus is tobacco and salt, naught else. But if a guy finds himself worried about what people think, he could just chew a big wad of Red Man and spit a lot. Or he could wear a t-shirt that says, "I don't suck dick, honest." Each action should have equal effect.

seeahill

Post by seeahill »

Late breaking news:

Red Man, America's largest selling brand of moist chewing tobacco, was purchased some years ago by --- Swedish Match, the makers of many of the best brands of Swedish snus.

Since this has no relevance to the argument under way, let me just add, "fuck you, Garm..."

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Garm's just pissed they don't make asparagus flavored snus.

Topic author
Hank Scorpio
A Mean Caucasian

Post by Hank Scorpio »

Let's not forget that 'portion' is only one variety, if you want the fine cut stuff you can get it too. It's strong I've seen it take the most prodigous dippers down hard, with copious projectile vomiting to follow. The portioning tool is on the metro side, though, I don't know anyone who owns one. Personally it's a practical matter, the Swedish portions are 1/2 the size and twice the strength as American pouches. I like being able to have a clandestine snus in during meetings without a distended lip or having a spit cup handy.

You have no chance to survive make your time.
Ha Ha Ha Ha ....

Andy77
Lifetime IGer

Post by Andy77 »

Garm wrote:Go to the 7-11 now. Reclaim your lost testes. Browns Mule Plug will be required to reverse the process. Bite off a big fat chunk and forget about spitting. It's unnecessary for the male among us.
I used to do a lot of that mule plug. I agree that spitting is a pussified thing. But I'm pretty sure that's why all my teeth fell out eventually. How many do you have left? But not to worry, you'll be happier if you get a set of stainless steel razor sharps like mine that can FUCK PEOPLE UP and to be able to bite off those chunks of mule effortlessly.
Obama...'I burned your house down and saved you from slipping in the bathtub." ...Greg Gutfeld.

seeahill

Post by seeahill »

I bought some snus from Northerner, USA. It arrived in a few days. So they must have gotten whatever problems they had straightened out.

Shaun B. O'Murnecan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shaun B. O'Murnecan »

seeahill wrote:I bought some snus from Northerner, USA. It arrived in a few days. So they must have gotten whatever problems they had straightened out.
Order on Sat. afternoon got it on Wed.

Foul-Mouthed Ignoramus
Gunny

Post by Foul-Mouthed Ignoramus »

I see no one in this thread has mentioned Skruf Stark. For shame...

Hey, you're not fun, you're fat!

grey

Post by grey »

Placed an order through GetSnus.com after reading this thread. I tried Northerner but there was a technical issue when I ordered. Got a portion sampler with general regular portion, general onyx, general extra sterk, general white, and roda lacker. I like the onyx and general sterk the most.

I had been trying to quit smoking and having no luck. I haven't had a cigarette in two weeks now. I even got my 2 pack a day father to try it and he's down to 3 packs a week. Quitting or cutting back weren't even on his radar.

Great nicotine experience without all the downsides of smoking or chewing.
Training Log

Talk - Action = Shit

Foul-Mouthed Ignoramus
Gunny

Post by Foul-Mouthed Ignoramus »

the new Skruf Xtra Stark == WIN

Hey, you're not fun, you're fat!

grey

Post by grey »

Foul-Mouthed Ignoramus wrote:the new Skruf Xtra Stark == WIN
Is this the stuff in the white can with red writing? I tried their regular and extra sterk. Both were good. Wanted the flavor to last a little longer.

I've lost the taste for the general onyx. I almost think you can taste the black pouches. Been digging the general original and extra sterk these days. Finishing my last Grov original portion. Good for a lighter snus.
Training Log

Talk - Action = Shit

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

I used to use snus(as I live in Sweden and it is still quite popular).I never used the pouches,they allways made me want to spit.The ones I used were:grovsnus,generalsnus,ettan and just before I stopped 2 years ago: Kronan.They were all of the moist variety.
I must say:when reading Garms opinions I wonder if he really knows what he is talking about.Yes,some of the pouches are a bit gay,BUT if you use the strong ones (moist-not pouches)like grov,general,ettan or kronan for example-they are way stronger than Red Man or other chewing tobaccos I`ve tried.
So no one will say that I don`t know what I am talking about:I started using snus when I was 14 and stopped when I was 38.The goverment shochincreased the taxes on snus,so I finally decided to stop,but I must say that I still miss it especially after eating.
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Doktor Agkistrodon

Post by Doktor Agkistrodon »

I use Grovsnus. The loose variety. If I want portions I usually go with Jakobssons, but I like Grovsnus loose the best.