The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Trebuchet

Re: The couch thread

Post by Trebuchet »

Superskilled as they all undoubtedly are , I am yet to see them jump back and forth over a loaded barbell (Rolandow , up to 200lbs back in the day). I'd love to see them practise this feat , over concrete would be preferable but best of all , on a swiss ball.
"My resting heart rate is 39 when I don't read posts on the bad forum" - Marty

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Patrick Donnelly wrote:Kipping pull-ups all of a sudden seem so less "functional" once you need grips to do them.
You don't.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

From an article by a @Fer who assumes that @F is good for people long-term:
Rafael and I are sitting in beach chairs real low to the pavement and he says, “I love my father, but I don’t want to end up like him,” and I start to wonder if my old man could get in and out of the chair. I don’t know the answer.

It’s so easy to get lost in the vanity of now. In the mirror’s reflection. It’s so easy to focus on the Fran time and the max deadlift and the consecutive pull-ups. What’s harder to remember is that we aren’t doing this for today.

It’s nice to look good with your clothes off, but it’s nicer to know that for the rest of your life you’ll be able to take those clothes off without the assistance of a certified health care provider. That you’ll be able to get across the street without the assistance of a traffic cop.
Has he seen the "original @Fer's" gimp? This is yet another instance of @F making claims/assumptions to help people be healthier in the future when all of the evidence off of their own boards is that people end up bags of broken body parts. Gah.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien »

The problem with most @F devotees is that they got into this lifting shit through couch.
So their mental progression is centered around CF.

It's not their fault. They are so blinded by couch's dogma, they can't see the fucking forrest for the trees.
There is more than a choice between @F and inactivity... but that concept is probably too hard to grasp for most over there...
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
Now look. I've eaten a pice of pie.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

You know what I really want to see? A @fit Highland Games Heavy Events cert.

I can only imagine the comedy gold of watching vids of 150lb metcon addicts trying to master throwing the 56lb weight for distance.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

WildGorillaMan wrote:You know what I really want to see? A @fit Highland Games Heavy Events cert.

I can only imagine the comedy gold of watching vids of 150lb metcon addicts trying to master throwing the 56lb weight for distance.
Dude...scale it. Empty plastic 5-gallon bucket for distance.
The needs of Highland Games competitors and senior citizens differ by degree, not kind, remember?

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

Playoff Beard wrote: M/36/5'10"/183

BS - 200
SP - 120
DL - 256 (that's all the weight I have)

CFT: 576

Comment #98 - Posted by: Playoff Beard at June 29, 2009 7:45 AM
what a pussy.
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

coop wrote:

BS - 200
SP - 120

what a pussy.
Ally Bigass Titties wrote: Back Squat - 240 easy
Press - 95
Deadlift - 255 hard

Total 590

I was all excited because I did the math wrong and thought I finally got up to 600. Next time! I'll get a 245 or 250 squat and 100 on my press.. I hope

Comment #111 - Posted by: AllisonNYC_CrossFit Obsession at June 29, 2009 8:47 AM
HAHAHAHAHHA. This is the height of embarrassment.
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Resident Quack wrote:
WildGorillaMan wrote:You know what I really want to see? A @fit Highland Games Heavy Events cert.

Dude...scale it. Empty plastic 5-gallon bucket for distance.
The needs of Highland Games competitors and senior citizens differ by degree, not kind, remember?
Obviously. What was I thinking?
You'll Hurt Your Back

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

coop wrote:
coop wrote:

BS - 200
SP - 120

what a pussy.
Ally Bigass Titties wrote: Back Squat - 240 easy
Press - 95
Deadlift - 255 hard

Total 590

I was all excited because I did the math wrong and thought I finally got up to 600. Next time! I'll get a 245 or 250 squat and 100 on my press.. I hope

Comment #111 - Posted by: AllisonNYC_CrossFit Obsession at June 29, 2009 8:47 AM
HAHAHAHAHHA. This is the height of embarrassment.
Pwned by ANYC. I'm sure he's not the only one.
You'll Hurt Your Back

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Resident Quack wrote:Dude...scale it. Empty plastic 5-gallon bucket for distance.
=D> =D> =D>

But remember guys, shotputting is not one of the 9 FUNDAMENTAL movement patterns that Cultfit specializes in....er...teaches.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

CultBuster
Staff Sergeant

Post by CultBuster »

six-months-of-crossfit.jpg
six-months-of-crossfit.jpg (29.35 KiB) Viewed 11689 times
Tell me again about the fat shredding properties of @fit. Guy dropped some weight but is as soft as ANYC with breasts almost as big. Why would you post this shit?

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

that's an odd looking zercher.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

http://www.crossfitwyreforest.com/wp-co ... it-357.jpg

Its max effort day. No PVC allowed. She should be putting out.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

Travis Bagent (armwrestler) tries @F.

Several notable moments:
He laughs and tries pretty hard not to call the word "WOD" stupid (or worse).
He refers to the lightness of the weights in @F workouts, and pretty much calls it "cardio".
His form on his very first rep of the log C&P is pretty much perfect @F slop.

An @F star is born...at least until, like every other elite athlete that tries @F, he throws it in the junk heap.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

a worthwhile photo from the Pmenu:

"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Fish
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fish »

The video on the main page with Travis Bagent is pathetic. He himself states that he might not be able to beat any of the top gaymes competitors, but he could sure as shit beat any of them in arm wrestling, which will happen apparently over a couple hundred times during the gaymes.

All of a sudden they are taking an athlete who is at the top of the world at his sport, and making him a poster child for shitfit. Bagent even states that "Fran" was the hardest WOD (funny as shit when he makes fun of that word) he had ever done, but there is no word yet about the effectiveness of such shitty generalized training to improve his arm wrestling.

Kraj
Sgt. Major

Post by Kraj »

Can someone photoshop her dropping turds? I'd do it but only with a gentlemen's agreement that none of use will rub one out to it.

Fish
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fish »

Resident Quack wrote:Travis Bagent (armwrestler) tries @F.

Several notable moments:
He refers to the lightness of the weights in @F workouts, and pretty much calls it "cardio".

An @F star is born...at least until, like every other elite athlete that tries @F, he throws it in the junk heap.
Did not even realize there was already a post about that.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/Cros ... ercise.mov
Bagent speaking troof wrote:@Fer: Could you arm-wrestle like 300 people in a row, and beat 'em all?
Bagent: 300 @Fers?
@Fer: Yeah.
Bagent: I could arm-wrestle 300 @Fers on Monday, and then do it again on Tuesday, and then again on Wednesday.
@Fer: And beat them all?
Bagent: Beat 'em all.
@F Gaymes site wrote:Both Travis Bagent and John Brzenk will armwrestle any and all who wish to challenge them. Yes, they're prepared to armwrestle hundreds of CrossFitters a day, and the cocky bastards aren't expecting to lose!
No shit. Actually, what's funnier is that there are plenty of cocky bastard @Fers who actually expect to win!

Arm-wrestling 300 people in a day would be a perfect WaD in the new @F arm-wrestling program, a new and improved way to get elbow tendonitis! This approach will revolutionize arm-wrestling the same way that couch revolutionized OL by doing high reps for time!!! :finga:

POD
Gunny

Post by POD »

Resident Quack wrote:Travis Bagent (armwrestler) tries @F.

Several notable moments:

The whole "workout in a graveyard" thing was mildly offensive. Doesn't matter that it's right across the street from your house, that's something you shouldn't do. There could be people there mourning loved ones they've lost and they don't need to put up with that crap as you act like an ass nearby.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

Patrick Donnelly wrote:The whole "workout in a graveyard" thing was mildly offensive. Doesn't matter that it's right across the street from your house, that's something you shouldn't do. There could be people there mourning loved ones they've lost and they don't need to put up with that crap as you act like an ass nearby.
It is the @F Way, that of truly knowing how to offend others through obnoxious exercise. You have much to learn about the nuances of couch's teachings, grasshopper.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I don't think very many people have an idea about how brutally strong armwrestlers are in their sport.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Resident Quack wrote:http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/Cros ... ercise.mov
Bagent speaking troof wrote:@Fer: Could you arm-wrestle like 300 people in a row, and beat 'em all?
Bagent: 300 @Fers?
@Fer: Yeah.
Bagent: I could arm-wrestle 300 @Fers on Monday, and then do it again on Tuesday, and then again on Wednesday.
@Fer: And beat them all?
Bagent: Beat 'em all.
@F Gaymes site wrote:Both Travis Bagent and John Brzenk will armwrestle any and all who wish to challenge them. Yes, they're prepared to armwrestle hundreds of CrossFitters a day, and the cocky bastards aren't expecting to lose!
No shit. Actually, what's funnier is that there are plenty of cocky bastard @Fers who actually expect to win!

Arm-wrestling 300 people in a day would be a perfect WaD in the new @F arm-wrestling program, a new and improved way to get elbow tendonitis! This approach will revolutionize arm-wrestling the same way that couch revolutionized OL by doing high reps for time!!! :finga:
After watching Travis in his little youtube snippet, I anticipate he's just enough of a cocknocker to break or at least sprain a the wrist of any gheymers actually putting up a fight.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill