The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Re: The couch thread

Post by T200 »

But then:

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

New T-Nation article ripping on @F:
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_arti ... gth_sports
Post favorite lines to comments. \:D/
Pro: Camaraderie and esprit de corps is extremely high

Con: If leader told them to don black shirts and tennis shoes and eat applesauce laced with barbiturate so they could rendezvous with heaven-bound UFO, they would do it.

Kraj
Sgt. Major

Post by Kraj »

What's with the sniper on the roof? Couch must've raised the threat level from orange to red.

CultBuster
Staff Sergeant

Post by CultBuster »

andro2.jpg
andro2.jpg (43.58 KiB) Viewed 7118 times
faggot.jpg
faggot.jpg (28.98 KiB) Viewed 7118 times
verarm1.jpg
verarm1.jpg (26.57 KiB) Viewed 7117 times

I think it is now easier to find pix of she males on @fit than it is of hot chicks doing @fit. And weak as boys. A think loading a deadlift bar with bumpers is cause for a beating! The games site is all andro all day!

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

HAHAHAHA! The irony is THICK with this one! Cultfitters DOMINATING other athletes (none) by competing (not really) in a competition (invented by Couch) that involves no other athletes and by refusing to compete in any real athletic competitions outside their homegrown GAYMES.

BTW how did the arm wrestling exhibition go, where the Cultfitters were going to DOMINATE other athletes (Brzenk and Bagent) in COMPETITION, not Debate!
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

JohnnyBadAss
Staff Sergeant

Post by JohnnyBadAss »

protobuilder wrote:
HAHAHAHA! The irony is THICK with this one! Cultfitters DOMINATING other athletes (none) by competing (not really) in a competition (invented by Couch) that involves no other athletes and by refusing to compete in any real athletic competitions outside their homegrown GAYMES.

BTW how did the arm wrestling exhibition go, where the Cultfitters were going to DOMINATE other athletes (Brzenk and Bagent) in COMPETITION, not Debate!
Dominating them with those empty bars, no less.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

protobuilder wrote:HAHAHAHA! The irony is THICK with this one! Cultfitters DOMINATING other athletes (none) by competing (not really) in a competition (invented by Couch) that involves no other athletes and by refusing to compete in any real athletic competitions outside their homegrown GAYMES.

Unless someone else can use their Google-Fu to find other evidence that there was actually pro arm-wrestlers taking on all-comers at the Gaymes, here's what I found:

From a generally ghey @F thread about arm-wrestling:
Weaker than weak sauce wrote:Arm wrestling is really hard for me. I honestly have problems arm wrestling small women.
:-$

From Sevan's (the cult's video camera boy) "National Arm-Wrestling League" website...doing a disservice to up-and-coming arm-wrestlers everywhere:
NAL Mission
The NAL blog gives you a daily dose of everything armwrestling. We provide information to help you become the best armwrestler possible. For your daily fitness routine, please check out http://www.crossfit.com. CrossFit.com will provide a daily routine that offers the perfect supplementation to becoming an elite armwrestler. Table time + CrossFit is the path to elite armwrestling.
:Hangman:

Tom, Kim, Diana, Gillian, and Mac hanging by the arm wrestling table. The CF main site had hi-lighted an arm wrestling champion that came to the games and take anyone on in a contest. He was a really nice guy with a good sense of humor!
Tom giving it a whirl..this man was a beast!
And Diana getting some serious advice so she could try and "take him down"!
Ready for anything with @F? Pshaw...
Elitist non-specializer wrote:I had a great time at the CrossFit gaymes! However, I was reminded why I don't arm wrestle. It hurts my arms way too much! I think all my working out on the arms Saturday practicing on butterfly and C2B pull-ups, ring dips, ring muscle-ups, HSPUs, etc. etc. lead up to what happened Sunday. I practiced arm wrestling on my friends and it hurt both of my arms and the pain has been lasting for a couple of days now but is getting better. Reminded me of those DB split cleans but in a different way.
@F is DANGEROUS...so dangerous that safety glasses must be worn to protect da eyez from da intensatee...
ImageImage
Androgyn Friday Gaymer wrote:Check out the stylish glasses that they made us wear~safety glasses!

CultBuster
Staff Sergeant

Post by CultBuster »

It is hard to blame anyone out to make a name/buck (same thing isn't it) that is throwing their hat in the @fit ring. For all it's douchery, CF is a money maker for those not so retarded by Kool Aide to make some cash (Doug Chapman). Buddy Lee grabbed that quick cash from the devoted. Can you imagine his sales reports on jump ropes after doing so cert work! Rip is still training guys and writing, but is cashing his CF checks. I was at his place last year and can tell you, at that time at least CF was an afterthought at best in his gym. I'm waiting for the supplement companies to come. It will happen. I still stand by my original opinion that @fit would not be nearly so bad if it were not for @fitters.
dikey.jpg
dikey.jpg (45.36 KiB) Viewed 6863 times
Re: Daniel Krull's CrossFit Log

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, July 14th, 2009

Wednesday 090715

"Nancy"

5 rounds for time of:
400 meter run
95 pound Overhead squat, 15 reps

Post time to comments.

As RX'd except for running on a treadmill (keeping around 9.0 speed) and running .25 mile substitute. I counted good reps for squats that were as far as possible as my flexibility would allow me and not counting sloppy reps.

My Time: 36:30

I was more focused on good form then speed.
I hope so! What are you a 60 year old women!?!?

At a slow ass speed you can do 5X 400 in 13 minutes. WTF took you another 23 minutes? It is 95 fucking pounds. This is where bull shit walks

POD
Gunny

Post by POD »

protobuilder wrote:
Proto, you see that photo and all you notice is the sign in the background? Come on now, really?

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

POD wrote:
protobuilder wrote:
Proto, you see that photo and all you notice is the sign in the background? Come on now, really?
I also noticed 3 women with arms bigger than yours, POD.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Fish
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fish »

Resident Quack wrote: @F is DANGEROUS...so dangerous that safety glasses must be worn to protect da eyez from da intensatee...
ImageImage
The glasses seem legit, they were probably for liability purposes with the sledge being tossed around.

I am wondering why that chick is holding the sledge so fucking weird.

Kraj
Sgt. Major

Post by Kraj »

Fish wrote:I am wondering why that chick is holding the sledge so fucking weird.
Because she's a chick.

What's with those weakass sledgehammers anyway? You gotta use a 20-lber to be legit.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

JFC, these are actually cleans (not thrusters) and these are da eeeleeet @Fers.
Why would anyone claim that OLs deteriorate at high reps when @fers show them the beauty of their slop?

Kraj
Sgt. Major

Post by Kraj »

Why's Common checking out that chick's ass?

Stillwater
Staff Sergeant

Post by Stillwater »

You're missing the point. (Jesus, I've been typing this a lot recently.) Do you think that 3 years ago you would have had the chance to see snatches and C&Js being done wrong in your college weight room? No, you would have been looking at leg extensions and one-arm seated curls, just like you always did before. You're making the same mistake that USA Weightlifting is making - this is a profoundly important opportunity for the sport of weightlifting, one which it has never had before, not a reason to complain about CFers using shitty form. It's like our friends at CF Front Range traveling down to the meet at the OTC in the Springs and having all the federation people acting like assholes instead of welcoming new blood and new potential into the sport.

This is the most frustrating thing about CrossFit to me. Within the past 3 years the number of gyms where you can find bars and bumper plates and platforms and people wanting to do the lifts has gone from about 65 to more than 1200. Ask the equipment dealers and the shoe suppliers how they feel about it. Yet the NGB for the sport of Olympic weightlifting has failed to even ask if they could be involved at some level in the greatest explosion of interest in their sport in the history of the human race. Say what you want about the details of CF programming, but it is undeniable that CrossFit has created the opportunity to revitalize the sport of weightlifting, and how does USAW react? They ignore it. They treat it as a threat, as do all big fish in small ponds when the pond acts like it wants to get bigger. I am ashamed of them.
http://strengthmill.net/forum/showpost. ... stcount=23
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. - Helen Keller

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Stillwater wrote:
You're missing the point. (Jesus, I've been typing this a lot recently.) Do you think that 3 years ago you would have had the chance to see snatches and C&Js being done wrong in your college weight room? No, you would have been looking at leg extensions and one-arm seated curls, just like you always did before. You're making the same mistake that USA Weightlifting is making - this is a profoundly important opportunity for the sport of weightlifting, one which it has never had before, not a reason to complain about CFers using shitty form. It's like our friends at CF Front Range traveling down to the meet at the OTC in the Springs and having all the federation people acting like assholes instead of welcoming new blood and new potential into the sport.

This is the most frustrating thing about CrossFit to me. Within the past 3 years the number of gyms where you can find bars and bumper plates and platforms and people wanting to do the lifts has gone from about 65 to more than 1200. Ask the equipment dealers and the shoe suppliers how they feel about it. Yet the NGB for the sport of Olympic weightlifting has failed to even ask if they could be involved at some level in the greatest explosion of interest in their sport in the history of the human race. Say what you want about the details of CF programming, but it is undeniable that CrossFit has created the opportunity to revitalize the sport of weightlifting, and how does USAW react? They ignore it. They treat it as a threat, as do all big fish in small ponds when the pond acts like it wants to get bigger. I am ashamed of them.
http://strengthmill.net/forum/showpost. ... stcount=23
It's a lot harder to fucking cripple yourself doing leg extensions and one arm seated curls.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Hank Scorpio
A Mean Caucasian

Post by Hank Scorpio »

protobuilder wrote:

About a hundred pages back I wrote about going toe to toe with some XFers. It was Max deadhang pullups, Max dips, max pushups in 1 min, max situps is one min, followed by a 1 mile run, 800 m swim, 5 mile run, and 7 mile ruck. Then followed by a submission BJJ round with the guy who finished one ahead or behind of you. I hadn't done anything but lots of heavy or high volume barbell work to prepare. I won every event but the run and the situps. I also demolished my BJJ opponent in seconds. XFers can dominate my scrotum in their mouth!

You have no chance to survive make your time.
Ha Ha Ha Ha ....

sigifrith007

Post by sigifrith007 »

Hank Scorpio wrote: XFers can dominate my scrotum in their mouth!
Yes. U rule. Dominate with your mouth. DOMINATE!

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien »

Another problem with crossfit is its uprise parallel to the overall functional fitness craze (which started way before crossfit was popular).
Hence every college coach instructing his athletes to do power cleans nowadays supposedly does this due to crossfit.
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
Now look. I've eaten a pice of pie.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

I wrote about going toe to toe with some XFers. It was Max deadhang pullups, Max dips, max pushups in 1 min, max situps is one min, followed by a 1 mile run, 800 m swim, 5 mile run, and 7 mile ruck. Then followed by a submission BJJ round with the guy who finished one ahead or behind of you. I hadn't done anything but lots of heavy or high volume barbell work to prepare. I won every event but the run and the situps. I also demolished my BJJ opponent in seconds. XFers can dominate my scrotum in their mouth!
That about sums it up. Lets put that one on the @fit forum.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

I'm a bored fucker so I've been hitting some old Cultfit sites and I came across the douche nozzles at Cultfit Endurance bragging about some Cultfit stud doing a trail marathon in 6:28 minutes.

This doesn't seem like a feat I'd be bragging about or am I wrong.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

PVC has value.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

Only took this asswipe 20 minutes of instruction to move less than 4 inches.

syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage