The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Re: The couch thread

Post by TerryB »

A guy that could've benefitted from a nice, whippy Asstro bar.

Link if the image doesn't work
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Botototo
Staff Sergeant

Post by Botototo »

chi wrote:if anyone is suffering from a lack of hate, you will, im sure, find inspiration from this

what the hell does that say

Really Big Strong Guy

Post by Really Big Strong Guy »

protobuilder wrote:A guy that could've benefitted from a nice, whippy Asstro bar.

Link if the image doesn't work
Despite never having used an ASStro bar, I am of the opinion, given the ASStro bar's intended purpose, that it would completely and utterly fail under that load.
The cool thing about training is that becoming more sexy is just a side effect........

Really Big Strong Guy

Post by Really Big Strong Guy »

After having spent a little too much time on this thread.....I think, perhaps, my hate is starting to build.
The cool thing about training is that becoming more sexy is just a side effect........

Shave Astroglide

Post by Shave Astroglide »

Grim Hamundarson wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:
protobuilder wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:POW!!!!!

This needs to be on every page.
Agreed.

:prayer:
Could those possibly be implants?
Who fucking cares? Are there any other photos of that chick floating around? That may be better than the nude Tittynyc photos on Astroglides cell phone.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

Botototo wrote:
chi wrote:if anyone is suffering from a lack of hate, you will, im sure, find inspiration from this

you must be one of those 'haters'

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

It's hard to hate people who are borderline retards, but that pic encapsulates almost all there is to hate.
Botototo wrote:

It says jealousy. Of what, I have no fucking clue.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Shave Astroglide wrote:
Grim Hamundarson wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:
protobuilder wrote:

Agreed.

Who fucking cares? Are there any other photos of that chick floating around? That may be better than the nude Tittynyc photos on Astroglides cell phone.
I don't care, but I'm curious how much silicone that ass would hold.

Yes I Have Balls

Grim Hamundarson wrote:
Shave Astroglide wrote:
Grim Hamundarson wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:
protobuilder wrote:

Agreed.

I'm more curious as to how much of my penis that ass would hold.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Gin Master wrote:
Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:Came in here and didn't see the thread. Paniced for a good 10 seconds before I noticed it had been stickied.

Thought the couch lawyers had put a halt to the truth spreading or some other ghey shit.
Fear not, friend. IGX has better lawyers in more states, and we cover the legal spectrum. I'm just a shit-talking plaintiff's guy, but we have some real motherfuckers here. @F has Dale, his paralegal, Barry Cooper, and a bunch of transactional commentators that have never seen a courtroom.

as a vampire familiar and not one of the actual undead, i can offer but a small poor retaliatory service should it ever be needed. Every affiliate I've ever walked past, walkied in or near can likley be shut down within for ticky tack zoning violations...pissy little move I know but one that is highly effective and fuck all expensive to prevail on. I've bailed out more than a few of these borderline athletic spaces, indoor skate parks, yoga studios, climbing gyms etc. If you've got actual building code and occupancy problems, you're talking significant fines in many cases.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

sanchezero

Post by sanchezero »

Grim Hamundarson wrote:It's hard to hate people who are borderline retards, but that pic encapsulates almost all there is to hate.
Botototo wrote:

his hands are each jealous of the other as his dick is small enough to only hold one at a time.
have you ever been as far as even considered go want to do look more like?

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Gin Master wrote:

That's a whole cord of wood for the hate fire.

If that fucker ever wants a job outside of sanitation, he'll have to wear a bee-keeper's outfit to the interview.
Somehow I don't think that will ever come up.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Sofa King

Post by Sofa King »

Grim Hamundarson wrote:It's hard to hate people who are borderline retards, but that pic encapsulates almost all there is to hate.
Botototo wrote:

Of the fact that he sticks it in ANYC and gave it to Sharibaby for months, that is obviouosly.
WGM wrote:Fall off a chinup bar, drop a barbell on your head, or piss yourself at the bottom of a squat and the Internet will never forget you.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Yes I Have Balls wrote:
Grim Hamundarson wrote:
Shave Astroglide wrote:
Grim Hamundarson wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:
protobuilder wrote:

Agreed.

Well, she's an @fitter, and probably doesn't stray from the cult. So, not much, but I'm sure there's potential. :sperm:

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Sofa King wrote:
Botototo wrote:

Of the fact that he sticks it in ANYC and gave it to Sharibaby for months, that is obviouosly.
Those two don't exactly sound like they have velvet ropes outside the bedroom door.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Those two don't exactly sound like they have velvet ropes outside the bedroom door.
LMAO =D> This is some varsity hate today.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Really? That's not exactly a tattoo of quality.

It should say "I FUK ANYC"

Yes I Have Balls

Grim Hamundarson wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:
Grim Hamundarson wrote:
Shave Astroglide wrote:
Grim Hamundarson wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:
protobuilder wrote:

Agreed.

Well, she's an @fitter, and probably doesn't stray from the cult. So, not much, but I'm sure there's potential. :sperm:
She is not, as far as I know, an @fitter. I found the pic here:

http://boston.barstoolsports.com

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Yes I Have Balls wrote:
Grim Hamundarson wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:
Grim Hamundarson wrote:
Shave Astroglide wrote:
Grim Hamundarson wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:
protobuilder wrote:

Agreed.

She is not, as far as I know, an @fitter. I found the pic here:

http://boston.barstoolsports.com
Well, then. Gang bang!

Yes I Have Balls

Grim Hamundarson wrote:Well, then. Gang bang!
It's good to be the King!

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

Really Big Strong Guy wrote:I don't know how to post this, but this is awesome. From the attractive Cougar on the previous page flipping off CFHQ - freakin Awesome!!!!

I was reading today an argument regarding the validity of terminating an affiliates license based on lack of good will shown by the affiliate towards CrossFit. Good point, and I considered that myself as an Affiliate. After all, I certainly did not pay to join an organization just so I can turn around and disparage that organization. That would just be silly now wouldn't it?

But, call me crazy, I do expect it to work both ways. As far as I'm concerned the relationship should be reciprocal. I will be happy to have good will towards an organization I paid to be a part of and expect the same in kind. So what got me to feel that this reciprocal relationship did not exist and the organization I had joined did not seem to have the same good will towards me that I had intended to have towards them? For starters, a few months after I affiliated, specifically on 5/3/09, I read on the website (http://www.crossfitrrg.com) promoting the Risk Retention Group (RRG) the following:

"Imagine you have the best, most well-equipped CrossFit affiliate on the face of the Earth. Gleaming Olympic bars, dedicated platforms, all the climbing ropes and pull-up bars and bumper plates anyone could ever need or want. There are hundreds of people dying to join your affiliate, but you’d be a fool to open your doors and let them in. Why? Because if they hurt themselves and sue you, the result will bankrupt you."

So, I think to myself, if I proceed as planned with promoting myself as an Affiliate I am a fool, and a potentially bankrupt fool at that. That's nice. Why wasn't this disclosed to me before my money was accepted for affiliation? I certainly did not think I was joining an organization to be a fool. But, fool that I am at least I'm not alone, there were a good 1,000 or so (at that time) fools that came before me, so at least I'm in good company.

So while I'm still digesting the fact that I am a fool if I open a CrossFit gym as planned (unless I buy into the RRG of course, but then even if I do buy into the RRG I am a fool if I operate my gym until the RRG is formed and issues me a policy. And, OMG what if it doesn't get funded!!! I'll be doomed to be a fool forever...oops, sorry, rambled on a bit there), I come across another selling point to the RRG:

"Affiliates and trainers who don’t participate risk being singled out and separated from the herd by opportunists. They will be devoured in the courtroom, stuck between an indifferent insurance company and omissions and errors in their insurance policy. When the time comes, they will be as valuable to the CF-RRG as the affiliates who do support it. By serving as sacrificial lambs, they will demonstrate the importance of being inside the castle wall."

So, the organization that I just paid to be a part of not only considers me to be a potentially bankrupt fool if I go ahead and open a gym as planned using the brand name I just paid for the privilege to use, but if I don't join the RRG they also see me as valuable to them as a sacrificial lamb. My good will was really starting to erode right about this time, but I figured rather than be silent regarding these tactics I found so disagreeable I'd hop on over to the affiliate section of the message board and share my views. Other than complaining about how broke I was (yes, I like to whine), I wrote the following (again, on 5/3/09):

"I thought the RRG was a great idea, but I don't like being coerced into contributing 100% or not at all. I don't do well with hard sells. I didn't much like the "sacrificial lamb" and "outside the castle wall" selling points to the RRG. That angle holds a vailed threat of noncompliance that is unnecessary and, frankly, vicious. I felt/feel it was completely unnecessary. I purchase things based on merit AND if I have the money. Not through peer pressure, coersion, vailed threats, or fear tactics. I thought/think the RRG has merit; I like the idea of taking ones destiny into ones own hands and protecting ones self. The RRG is supposed to have the affiliates best interest at heart but it does not have my best interest at heart because it is not in my best interest to not pay my rent next month and use up the little bit of a safety net I have remaining. If it's 100% or nothing count me in as a sacrificial lamb. Bah."

It should be noted I kept my opinion regarding this matter off the public message board out of good will and I limited voicing my complaints to the affiliate section of the board out of good will. That said, being a fool I didn't mention in my posts my dislike over being called a fool, but I did bring attention to my dislike over all the other tactics being used.

Now the economy was tanking at this point and many other affiliates were struggling financially, but this reality in the lives of many affiliates did not matter. Those affiliates that wanted to help and donate less than the required amount were told their money wasn't welcome and that it "wasn't the right thing to do" if they donated less than the full amount as an affiliate. We were repeatedly being told (via peer pressure) that if we really wanted to we could find the money to contribute. And for those affiliates like me who could not afford to join the RRG, well we could take heart in the fact that officially we would still serve a purpose for the cause in the form of being a sacrificial lamb. Several well-meaning affiliates replied to my posts and one suggested I not take the selling tactics personally, to which I replied in part:

"And I do take it personally, and I think that is the intent. The tone and methods of how this is being promoted is to make every affiliate feel personally responsible, so by extension if we don't contribute we are made to feel like sh*t for not doing so, even if we genuinely can't afford it. I really don't need stuff like that in my life and don't want to be associated with those that employ those sorts of methods. It's coercive. Irony is it is my understanding CrossFit has it's genesis in small gyms. Seems to me there may be a lot of "garage gyms" or small ventures like mine who may be in similar situations given the economy. I suspect there may be many struggling and/or new affiliates stretched beyond their means. I don't believe the answer for us is to give up. I've already invested too much time and money as it is. Struggle isn't so bad. I'd rather struggle financially than compromise on what I'm trying to accomplish. (And I do have a backup plan...if this don't work out I'm moving to Nevada to become a whore...one way or another I'm getting paid doing what I enjoy LOL.) I really just don't want to be lectured to concerning my choices (especially the whore one). I believe a previous poster actually offered to look over peoples financial documents to help "find" the money. What are we children??? Passion is one thing, presuming to know other's financial situation, presuming to have a say in how someone chooses to spend one's money, and presuming to lecture others on their finances is another. I don't buy lattes, I don't go out drinking (I stay home with my dog and read), I don't get my nails done, I haven't had my hair cut in 8 months (I cut my bangs myself so trust me, they look like sh*t), I don't throw my money away on frivolous things. But what I do decide to spend my money on is my choice. I think that those of us that can't contribute the full amount would have gladly contributed what we could afford. And I'm not compromising my credit for this...that's just absurd and will have long-lasting consequences that are not worth it. I would advise other's to think twice before using such means."

Now going back to the good will argument, I ain't no lawyer or anything like that, and I certainly have suffered from light reading comprehension skills in the past, but it seems clear to me that being called a fool headed for bankruptcy by executing my right to use the brand name I just paid for, being seen as a potential sacrificial lamb, and being coersed into contributing to an RRG using methods that show an utter disregard for my intelligence and immediate financial well being are not gestures of good will towards me. But hey, I've been known to be a bit dense at times.

P.S. Sorry to go all Cooperesque on your asses, but I needed to get that out of my system. I feel much better now. Time to move on.
She should find her way over here a post her hate.. That was beautiful. I think I just cummed in my pants from reading all that....Yikes!
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

CultBuster
Staff Sergeant

Post by CultBuster »

http://thepitcamarillo.com
http://www.undergroundstrengthcoach.com
http://www.optimumtraining.ca
http://blackboxsummit.typepad.com/black ... -lowy.html
http://www.performancemenu.com/events/mebbSeminar.php

Anyone else? Tried some trolling on this topic, getting harder to ask questions. How can couch hold his shit together with folks going out and charging bank (and getting it) without giving him shit? I'm going to Ruts work shop

Yes I Have Balls

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?p=711929

Another human Duracell wakes up and wonders "How many crossfitters make it to ~600 LBS deadlift at around the 2 year mark?"

Thread closure imminent.

Dazed

Post by Dazed »

LOL at the 700 DL thread.

Double LOL at the response that CF "programming" can take you from 200 - 400 via WADs... :butthead: :rolleyes:
I don't think you realize the depths of Jezzy's sexual greed~ EZ
Big, strong men (preferably in kilts) are my lesbian kryptonite~Jez
the right kind of male can make Jezzy's reproductive instinct overcome her preference for black vagina~Gary

Danny John
Gunny

Post by Danny John »

I love when people toss out a 600/650 Deadlift like it is just something around the corner, you know, a proper six weeks of focus. I have worked with really fine athletes who DL 385ish and blow out blood vessels doing it. Even a serious focus for six months would only get them to the low 4's or maybe higher. That 750 DL is what perked my interest in the beginning, as many would remember.