The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Re: The couch thread

Post by baffled »

rjudo wrote:
A1A BA wrote:Lulz
Tony Blauer March 15 at 11:00pm Reply
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-REAL- ... 331?ref=mf

Brendan Gilliam was personally trained by Coach Greg Glassman.
:drinkers:
Kinda like being taught how to drive by Stevie Wonder :rolleyes:
Saying you were trained by Couch is like boasting that you went to med school in teh Phillipines.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Dave

Post by Dave »

There's a post on Facebook Crossfit Geneso had a person collapse during a wod. Torn aorta

Our friend and dynamo crossfitter xxxx collapsed at the workout today. Thanks to the quick thinking and action of everyone in class this morning and the wonderful emergency responders in Geneseo, she survived. She is still in very serious condition, but made it through surgery to repair a torn aorta.
you may not be able to see the post if you arent a "friend"
Fat Cat wrote: People have never really seen true mastery, so they don't even know that they don't have it.

Holeyfraggaroley
Gunny

Post by Holeyfraggaroley »

Holee shit! How do you tear an aorta and not die?

grip junky
Location: Sitting on the can, eating a pork chop, reading the koran.

Post by grip junky »

Cultbuster are you from Va beach? If you are have you been over to the Brute Strength gym?

chi

Post by chi »

Holeyfraggaroley wrote:Holee shit! How do you tear an aorta and not die?
by being an eleeeeeeete athlete obviously :butthead:
I'd say on the bottom of that self-actualisation pyramid shit, proper decent coffee is in there with wifi, tits, food and shelter

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

Let me guess...@Fers chose not to show up because their hands were torn and packing zone-friendly lunches was just too hard. So the children stepped up in their place.
Child sandbaggers key to Fargo’s flood defense - City rallies to the cause as Red River rises to ‘major’ flood level

Also, not that it's anything new (and I don't want to subject y'all to more faggotry), but one of the lead @F douches Russell Berger shows proper douche form on today's video...by doing a 1RM snatch workout with no shirt...when everyone else there is fully dressed. Hmmm...could that be why more @Fers don't enter OLY comps? The singlet simply covers too much skin?

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Quack Attack wrote: Hmmm...could that be why more @Fers don't enter OLY comps? The singlet simply covers too much skin?
Well, that, and the Olympians haven't validated themselves yet by participating in a REAL competition held in Castro's backyard.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

CFB
Sarge

Post by CFB »

Dave wrote:There's a post on Facebook Crossfit Geneso had a person collapse during a wod. Torn aorta

Our friend and dynamo crossfitter xxxx collapsed at the workout today. Thanks to the quick thinking and action of everyone in class this morning and the wonderful emergency responders in Geneseo, she survived. She is still in very serious condition, but made it through surgery to repair a torn aorta.
you may not be able to see the post if you arent a "friend"
What the fuck was the wad? This incident needs to get out to as many media outlets as possible, then we can watch cooch play the "she-was-genetically-predisposed-to-blowing-a-hole-in-cardiac-tissue" card while he rifles through his stack of malpractice books. As these wads/qualifiers/gaymes get more and more absurd we're gonna physical trauma normally reserved for the battlefield, or a taiwanese sex-reassigment clinic.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

CFB wrote:What the fuck was the wad? This incident needs to get out to as many media outlets as possible, then we can watch cooch play the "she-was-genetically-predisposed-to-blowing-a-hole-in-cardiac-tissue" card while he rifles through his stack of malpractice books.
Actually, Couch will throw them under the bus if the shit hits the fan. Afterall, they weren't doing "Crossfit" b/c (a) they weren't doing the mainpage WOD, and (b) Crossfit done properly doesn't cause injury, remember? And since they weren't doing Crossfit, or weren't doing it properly, they can't use the RRG. Couch's gin fund live to fight another day!

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

I call BS. If it coud kill John Ritter, no way she coulda survived.
Death occurs immediately after traumatic rupture of the thoracic aorta 75%–90% of the time since bleeding is so severe, and 80–85% of patients die before arriving at a hospital.
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler

friedquads
Pillowbiter

Post by friedquads »

Don't have to be a facebook friend to read it. They've got Blogger.

http://crossfitgeneseo.blogspot.com/
Jay wrote:BTW, warriors kill shit. The only things you kill are exercise science and the board short display at Target.
I choose to kill people with kindness. Oh, I should also mention "kindness" is the name of my samurai sword.

chi

Post by chi »

friedquads wrote:Don't have to be a facebook friend to read it. They've got Blogger.

Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval.
I'd say on the bottom of that self-actualisation pyramid shit, proper decent coffee is in there with wifi, tits, food and shelter

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

friedquads wrote:Don't have to be a facebook friend to read it. They've got Blogger.

You have to notify your liability insurance carrier immediately when something like this happens. But since they're Cultfit, they don't HAVE insurance. So, I guess someone needs to notify that Dale faggot and notify them that there's a very real possibility a claimcould be made against the RRG. OH THAT'S RIGHT! The RRG doesn't really HAVE insurance yet.

Great business model Couch!

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

I sure as hell hope they have some kind of coverage, because from the pictures it looks like they're training people in the attic of their house.

I feel bad for that lady and her family. Let's hope she pulls through.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

I can't imagine this being an insurance issue. Aortas don't just rupture all of a sudden.

It's a scary thing. Hopefully the woman pulls through.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Gin Master wrote:I can't imagine this being an insurance issue. Aortas don't just rupture all of a sudden.
If someone practically drops dead while under the 'careful tutelage' of a Level 1 "certified!" Cultfit trainer, you better believe insurance is an issue in this litigious day and age.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

Gin Master wrote:I can't imagine this being an insurance issue. Aortas don't just rupture all of a sudden.

It's a scary thing. Hopefully the woman pulls through.
I hope so too - Thankfully, @Fit Geneseo specializes in this sort of thing:
Extending life spans via constantly varied functional movements executed at high intensity!

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Extending life spans via constantly varied functional movements executed at high intensity!
"The candle that burns twice as bright burns only half as long."

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

WAR FATTY!!!!111

big_t2100
Corporal

Post by big_t2100 »

:partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :drinkers: :cheers: :cheers: :vom:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPhpmaAvC-Y[/youtube]

Couch's St. Patrick's Day drinking song perhaps?

Yes I Have Balls

Since CrossFit is the only community to have an adequate definition of fitness, "work capacity across broad time and modal domains" We have legitimate claim to say that our sport is the test of the fittest athletes in the world.

Also every athlete who has come into CrossFit competition and done well with little CF experience was training with "constantly varied functional movement executed at high intensity." They may not have even known it, but by definition, they were basically doing CrossFit. Performing CrossFit does not simply mean aimlessly following the main site, or working on Fran, Elizabeth and Diane every other day.

All you CF ignorant douche bag haters need to either show up and compete, or bring some athletes who you coach and show us how great you are. The funny thing is that as much as some people want to hate, they spend their free time on CF websites, kinda ironic.
Free hate top off courtesy of Justin Riley from @fiteastsac

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Justin Riley wrote:Also every athlete who has come into CrossFit competition and done well with little CF experience was training with "constantly varied functional movement executed at high intensity." They may not have even known it, but by definition, they were basically doing CrossFit. Performing CrossFit does not simply mean aimlessly following the main site,
Um, no. Wrong on both accounts. First, only you dumb motherfuckers do shit that is "constantly varied." The rest of the world knows better and has for a long time. Second, you need to have a talk with Couch. He once wrote that if he didn't invent something, neither did Beethoven, since all the notes already existed as did the exercises that make up Cultfit. It is the precise combination of exercises and reps/sets that makes Cultfit something unique, perfect even, according to Glasshat. That is what allows him to attempt to trademark/patent/whatever his silly brand of fitness fatale. I mean, I guess you could be right, and EVERYTHING is Crossfit...in which case the "Crossfit" label becomes meaningless and, more significantly, FREE to everyone. That would really make the paying affiliates look stupid, eh? Paying for the right to use a label that is meaningless.

Yes I Have Balls

protobuilder wrote:
"The candle that burns twice as bright burns only half as long."
That's not what couch claims.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

protobuilder wrote:
Justin Riley wrote:Also every athlete who has come into CrossFit competition and done well with little CF experience was training with "constantly varied functional movement executed at high intensity." They may not have even known it, but by definition, they were basically doing CrossFit. Performing CrossFit does not simply mean aimlessly following the main site,
Um, no. Wrong on both accounts. First, only you dumb motherfuckers do shit that is "constantly varied." The rest of the world knows better and has for a long time. Second, you need to have a talk with Couch. He once wrote that if he didn't invent something, neither did Beethoven, since all the notes already existed as did the exercises that make up Cultfit. It is the precise combination of exercises and reps/sets that makes Cultfit something unique, perfect even, according to Glasshat. That is what allows him to attempt to trademark/patent/whatever his silly brand of fitness fatale. I mean, I guess you could be right, and EVERYTHING is Crossfit...in which case the "Crossfit" label becomes meaningless and, more significantly, FREE to everyone. That would really make the paying affiliates look stupid, eh? Paying for the right to use a label that is meaningless.
Way to take the bait, Proto.

related pic:

You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

[quote="WildGorillaMan]Way to take the bait, Proto.

[/quote]

Every new dumb motherfucker that comes along needs to get straightened out, and I can do it in one paragraph.