The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Re: The couch thread

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

GoDogGo! wrote:As the wheels come off, evidence mounts, and couch looks more and more incoherent, I am again intrigued by how @fit acts as a cult.

Bony looks sort of dazed in those chalkboard videos. Is there a point in one's ascent through the hierarchy at which Couch tells them the truth? And if so, what do they do? Leave? Find a new guru? Turn to drink? Or do they say "Man, what a racket" and stay on to suck at the teat?
Exactly. It's a cult w/a prophet and no god unless the god is Narcissus. Do those at the top remain true believers despite Couch? Do they just stay for the $$$$$$$$$? Or, do they venerate him as a noble but tormented visionary?

Couch gets the money to come in and the panties to come off for a reason. I just can't understand it.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

Boney Pudding wrote: Now, we claim that the winners of the CrossFit Games are the fittest man and woman on the planet. There are many who dispute this claim, but as of yet, no one has directly challenged any of our winners. We would be more than willing to set up the competition (and, in fact, this year's Games are one example).
Or you could just send your andro cougars and wallet chained douchebags to the Olympics to dominate the Decathlon, right?

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Bobby wrote:Pudding should train more instead of standing in front of the chalkboard.He could even try to learn something about other ways of training besides fagfit.It was quite funny in one of the videos when he didn`t know what dogcrap was!
Don't you know, @F is practically synonymous with Westside now... ](*,)
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Jag Panzer
Gunny

Post by Jag Panzer »

Confused wrote:
Bobby wrote:Pudding should train more instead of standing in front of the chalkboard.He could even try to learn something about other ways of training besides fagfit.It was quite funny in one of the videos when he didn`t know what dogcrap was!
I had some jew tell me that Crossfit and Westside were the same thing because they both used "variety".

With that many morons out there it's no wonder the town drunk is making so much money.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

If variety=@fit,that means my phys ed teachers have all been @fitters since the seventies!
I wonder if they knew that? :-k
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

Boney Pudding wrote:Now, we claim that the winners of the CrossFit Games are the fittest man and woman on the planet. There are many who dispute this claim, but as of yet, no one has directly challenged any of our winners. We would be more than willing to set up the competition (and, in fact, this year's Games are one example).
That a living, breathing, fully evolved, opposed thumb creature could write that is funnier than farting next to your wife at the grocery store and then quickly walking away. Man I love doing that.

Mrs. Pudding? From 2008...
"Behind every great man is a great woman." The awesome Jamie V., soon to be Mrs. Tony Budding, is the source for many of the great photos we get to enjoy on the CrossFit site.
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I wonder if Jamie V knows about the torch Pudding still carries for Nicole the HQ Pass Around girl?

I bet she throws his sorry ass a bone every few days.

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

edit
Last edited by stosh on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler

The Real Rant
Anal Sadist

Post by The Real Rant »

What sort of new @faggotry is this?

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

Pics of kids aren't cool. Pics of Budding wearing Gold's Gym shorts are funny, though.
Now, we claim that the winners of the CrossFit Games are the fittest man and woman on the planet. There are many who dispute this claim, but as of yet, no one has directly challenged any of our winners. We would be more than willing to set up the competition (and, in fact, this year's Games are one example).
Except for C2. How'd the Crash Bs work out, Pudding?

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

Gin Master wrote:Pics of kids aren't cool.
You're right, dammit.

friedquads
Pillowbiter

Post by friedquads »

Jag Panzer wrote:
Confused wrote:
I had some jew tell me that Crossfit and Westside were the same thing because they both used "variety".

With that many morons out there it's no wonder the town drunk is making so much money.
I soooooooooooo want to be at Westside Barbell and have some @fit dickwad actually say "CrossFit and WSB are the same." I'm curious to see how many seconds does it take for a group of hyper-strength guys to have an @fitter manually quartered (hey, they can use TRX straps for that!)
Jay wrote:BTW, warriors kill shit. The only things you kill are exercise science and the board short display at Target.
I choose to kill people with kindness. Oh, I should also mention "kindness" is the name of my samurai sword.

The Nightman

Post by The Nightman »

friedquads wrote:
Jag Panzer wrote:
Confused wrote:

I soooooooooooo want to be at Westside Barbell and have some @fit dickwad actually say "CrossFit and WSB are the same." )
I'll ask AJ Rob3rts what his fran time is next and get first hand knowledge on how the WADS help his 1000lb+ squats.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Pudding wrote:Now, we claim that the winners of the CrossFit Games are the fittest man and woman on the planet. There are many who dispute this claim, but as of yet, no one has directly challenged any of our winners. We would be more than willing to set up the competition (and, in fact, this year's Games are one example).
Excuse me, Pudding, but if YOU'RE the new gimmick on the block, and YOU'RE claiming everyone else sucks and you're the awesomest, isn't it up to YOU to prove it??

And remind me, did Couch Asshat ever explain precisely why Siff's definition of fitness was implausible?
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Oscar
Private

Post by Oscar »

Down with the thickness. Some superior posterior chain development on display below...

http://www.performancemenu.com/wod/vide ... 8-10-3.mov

Nothing to do with @fit as these ladies have legitimate technique, training programs, and goals - but in the spirit of this thread its worth posting.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Today's lulz

You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

A bunch of badasses there. You can tell b/c they throw up.

Paddy O'Furniture
Manrammer, 2nd Rate

Post by Paddy O'Furniture »

More lulz from the "Why the Fuck Hasn't Lynn Shitts Closed This and Renditioned Its Contributors To Couch's Basement for Ginboarding?" thread...

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=56437

An @fitter with a sense of humor? That's unpossible!

Want your "e", Lynn? Come over here and take it! :finga:

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

She's got a bleeding barbell and a Terry Goodkind quote tattooed on her, and we're the idiots?
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

No >500lb pulls yet on deadlift day...

I'm surprised how many failed reps they have. Even this relatively strong dude kept going back to the failure shed.
M/35/69"/168

1 - 365
1 - 405
1 - 425
1 - 455
1 - 470F - 470F - 465F - 465F - 460F
1 - 405
1 - 425
1 - 405

465 is my 1RM from the last CF total, so I was bummed I couldn't meet exceed it. I thought I'd get 470 for sure, especially since we have chalk now...After the first fail, I started drowning in the fail storm.

Ok, more practice/work, positive thinking...I'll get it next time.

Comment #77 - Posted by: ArcLite at March 18, 2010 6:45 AM

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

WildGorillaMan wrote:She's got a bleeding barbell and a Terry Goodkind quote tattooed on her, and we're the idiots?
Of course - we're outside the circle. We couldn't possibly understand.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

M/35/69"/168

1 - 365
1 - 405
1 - 425
1 - 455
1 - 405
1 - 425
1 - 405

465 is my 1RM from the last CF total, so I was bummed I couldn't meet exceed it. I thought I'd get 470 for sure, especially since we have chalk now...After the first fail, I started drowning in the fail storm.

WHAT?? You mean months of totally random dipshit training DIDN'T improve his deadlift?? And now he's going to PRACTICE IT?? Holy shit. This insect is out of the Cult once Glasshat hears of such treason.

T-L

Post by T-L »

But he had chalk this time!!!

Jag Panzer
Gunny

Post by Jag Panzer »

protobuilder wrote:
M/35/69"/168

1 - 365
1 - 405
1 - 425
1 - 455
1 - 405
1 - 425
1 - 405

WHAT?? You mean months of totally random dipshit training DIDN'T improve his deadlift?? And now he's going to PRACTICE IT?? Holy shit. This insect is out of the Cult once Glasshat hears of such treason.
Crossfit doesn't make people weaker. That's an ineluctable truth, determined by competition, not debate.

The Nightman

Post by The Nightman »

L-T wrote:But he had chalk this time!!!
Yeah, because that was the most important variable missing from his training protocol.