The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Re: The couch thread

Post by T200 »

So "couplet" is ghey-speak for superset?

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

T200 wrote:So "couplet" is ghey-speak for superset?
If you shop at Niemann Marcus, yes.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

shownuff71 wrote:I hate crossfit, but they seem to have this obsession with taking pictures of themselves doing stupid exercises....

I love this thread

more food for laughter here: http://www.crossfitwoodbridge.squarespace.com
Do you always come into someone's house or meet someone for the first time without saying hello first? At least have the decency to introduce yourself before trying to get on our good side with your crossfaggot hate. Not only are you a rude nigger, I bet you eat jew cock and let a sand monkey fuck you up the ass..... You sir or madame FAIL :finga: :butthead:
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

Chaos Mitten
Corporal

Post by Chaos Mitten »

T-L wrote:Really! Show tits or GTFO. Isn't there a sticky for all these Newbs (I realize the obvious)? Just in case you fucking new folks or recently disillusioned assfitters or lurkers haven't done the following.......

1) Read the entire couch thread before posting (yes, this takes months, but STFU and do it as it will help you to understand who the players are, and more importantly prevents you from posting stupid shit that no one really cares about). This is an absolute requirement.

2) Newbs should spend more time posting images of Andro than idiotic shit about Japanese warriors and what failure or diet is. No one gives a fuck. And if you haven't done #1, then what you are posting probably isn't going to be appropriate.

3) Post your bio elsewhere on the site as no one here gives a fuck.

4) There are more, but these are the important ones.

Until then, Andro or GTFO (and just in case you don't know what this is - Get The Fuck Out). Sometimes it is better to STFU (Shut The Fuck Up) and listen (or read in this case) than post stupid worthless shit.
  1. I have read the thread.
  2. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5075&p=466910#p466910
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5075&p=471316#p471316
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5075&p=471549#p471549
  3. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=211630&p=465101#p465101
  4. Eat me.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

So, according to the cum guzzler bingo, everyone that lifted heavy during one session and then did a "metcon" workout - even including sport-specific drills, even though they may not have called it that, in the same session has been doing crossfit all along.
I find it equally laughable that anyone can say that CFSB is not Crossfit and do so with a straight face. There is a layered strength program that is not varied at all, but the strength aspect of the program is the supplemental aspect. The WOD's in the CFSB template are, indeed, constantly varied. There is an emphasis on shorter, heavier, more intense met-cons with fewer longer met-cons to be sure, but this is itself in response to the well-established CF effect of acquiring fitness in longer time domains through the use of training at high intensity in shorter time domains. In short, Crossfit.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

This thread is sinking low.

Couplets? Common nomenclature, it's nothing that Glassman came up with.

The insinuation that the WOD is anything but random is a lie. If there is no signal in the noise, there's no signal.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Chaos Mitten wrote:
Warrior Training

...Failure is A STATE OF MIND, not a state of consequence.
http://coachk.typepad.com/crossfit_hel/ ... index.html

No faggot, failure is a definite consequence of following ridiculous workouts designed by a no-nothing drunkard & his flunkies. If you have spent the majority of your adult life in an office, its safe to assume you're no warrior, regardless of the tale told by your sweat angels.

God I hate crossfisters.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

shownuff71

Post by shownuff71 »

20c8e-4.jpg
20c8e-4.jpg (90.1 KiB) Viewed 5542 times

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

shownuff71 wrote:
20c8e-4.jpg

This has been posted before....probably 300 pages back. Pack up your toys and go home faggot.

shownuff71

Post by shownuff71 »

6a00d8341ccad453ef01156f2cfebe970c-800wi.jpg
6a00d8341ccad453ef01156f2cfebe970c-800wi.jpg (14.71 KiB) Viewed 6360 times

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Bingo wrote:I find it equally laughable that anyone can say that CFSB is not Crossfit and do so with a straight face. There is a layered strength program that is not varied at all, but the strength aspect of the program is the supplemental aspect. The WOD's in the CFSB template are, indeed, constantly varied. There is an emphasis on shorter, heavier, more intense met-cons with fewer longer met-cons to be sure, but this is itself in response to the well-established CF effect of acquiring fitness in longer time domains through the use of training at high intensity in shorter time domains. In short, Crossfit.
So, any time you broaden the base of the pyramid, you're doing Cultfit? Couch should start collecting royalties and suing everyone. Oh wait, he can't b/c he's stated that only mainpage WOD is Cultfit. These guys really should sort their shit out.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Chaos Mitten wrote:Image
PB approved.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

protobuilder wrote:
PB approved.
Double Donkey Dittos
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:
protobuilder wrote:
PB approved.
Double Donkey Dittos
I've got no hate for this chick. At least she is competing in something other than fucking @fit.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

friedquads
Pillowbiter

Post by friedquads »

Ed Zachary wrote:
DrDonkeyLove wrote:
protobuilder wrote:
PB approved.
Double Donkey Dittos
I've got no hate for this chick. At least she is competing in something other than fucking @fit.
This. She already lifts better than 90% of the men who claim to be ass-fit elite.
Jay wrote:BTW, warriors kill shit. The only things you kill are exercise science and the board short display at Target.
I choose to kill people with kindness. Oh, I should also mention "kindness" is the name of my samurai sword.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

friedquads wrote:
Ed Zachary wrote:
DrDonkeyLove wrote:
protobuilder wrote:
PB approved.
Double Donkey Dittos
This. She already lifts better than 90% of the men who claim to be ass-fit elite.
LOL

Hell most @fit women lift better than 99% of the men.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Takafumi
Manrammer, 3rd Rate

Post by Takafumi »

2008+Queen+Peace+Cup+USA+v+Australia+bj_NTaBy5Tcl.jpg
2008+Queen+Peace+Cup+USA+v+Australia+bj_NTaBy5Tcl.jpg (85.59 KiB) Viewed 6179 times
G1001203_Solo_240_-_smaller.jpg
G1001203_Solo_240_-_smaller.jpg (141.56 KiB) Viewed 6180 times
US+Women+s+Soccer+Practice+kW1q-VdtRZPl.jpg
US+Women+s+Soccer+Practice+kW1q-VdtRZPl.jpg (59.58 KiB) Viewed 6178 times

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I love it when you dipshits post the same fucking pictures over and over using the quote function. Quite intellectual of you, really.

Gary John
Gunny

Post by Gary John »

Shaf,

I've been bitching about that for months. Enough with every fucking picture of somebody who looks the shits lifting, or every x-fit chick for the bullshit andro crowd.

And then one asshole after the other doing the fucking quote thing. Save the bandwidth for Coouch hate.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Who the fuck is this?

You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Takafumi
Manrammer, 3rd Rate

Post by Takafumi »

WildGorillaMan wrote:Who the fuck is this?
Hope Solo

T-L

Post by T-L »

Really newb. I was the one who posted this chick like 300 pages ago. if you HAD indeed read the thread, you would have known this. She does have a nice ass though... No GTFO dickweed

T-L

Post by T-L »

Our latest @fitter topic Tamara
I have to attend a fundraiser tonight and represent as a rich Jewish doctor's wife. Brian and I disagree on which shirt I should wear. So, I'm putting it to a Facebook vote.

Takafumi
Manrammer, 3rd Rate

Post by Takafumi »

T-L wrote:Really newb. I was the one who posted this chick like 300 pages ago. if you HAD indeed read the thread, you would have known this. She does have a nice ass though... No GTFO dickweed
Godamnit are you posting drunk? Who are you referring to? As of December, you were writing letters to couch's minions...
T-L wrote:My first post. The hatred of @fit has not hit, but certainly the extreme dislike of the management team and the knowledge of their stupidity has. Below is a post I made to one of the @fit boards in response to the asstro being a nice guy video after the BBS; which was pulled. Interestingly, the whole thread is now missing.......

I am almost 50 and started @fit almost 10 months ago...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5075&p=441982#p441982

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

She kinda reminds me of someone.... Let me think :-k

syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage