The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Re: The couch thread

Post by tough old man »

These guys? Do they scare the evil empire?
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu.bgMc9Lm ... lyle.mobi/
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

tough old man wrote:These guys? Do they scare the evil empire?
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu.bgMc9Lm ... lyle.mobi/
They scare most evil empires.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Sassenach
ironslinger

Post by Sassenach »

A1A BA wrote:
Jezebel Jones wrote:
WildGorillaMan wrote:
Who's your friend, Jez?

Kat, @fit foosball.
Correction:

http://dccrossfit.com/coaches/kat-gresham/

She was on the football site. I'm not nearly that stalky.
Kazuya Mishima wrote:they can pry the bacon from my cold dead hand.

CultBuster
Staff Sergeant

Post by CultBuster »

The letter was in regards to CF Obsession. trips to Vegas and the Island on $4 a hour? The only reason their salary seemed so low is that barky was there ALL FUCKING DAY LONG every single day. SHE wasn't working out, and how much couching can you do in Uggs and a mini skirt? Children need to realize that the owner of the McDonalds is always going to make the rules, and make the money because without him there would be no you. Barky and B-Boi took the money and ran, and only started crying when they got shoved aside so the adults could make decisions. Couc's lawuer bull shit cracks me up. Has he ever tried siung Twight? If 1/3 of what he says is true, why not go to court. Pussy

Paddy O'Furniture
Manrammer, 2nd Rate

Post by Paddy O'Furniture »

What Couch thinks he sees when he looks in the mirror...

What Couch actually sees when he looks in the mirror...

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Fat Cat wrote:
Gene wrote:Image

No matter how good she looks, someone, somewhere, has about had it up to here with her narcissistic shit.

Gene
Fuck you!
I feel the same way about her, Makena.

Gene
Don't like yourself too much.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

@ discussing women is more disgusting than Peachy's worst sig.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

Couch sighting.
Attachments
couch.jpg
couch.jpg (47.7 KiB) Viewed 7069 times
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

most excellent pic and caption
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Bravo, Paddy.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

T-L

Post by T-L »

One of the couch's kids in training.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

T-L wrote:One of the couch's kids in training.

simulated drunk kid picture
This was an article from the first @fit kids journal, "More crashing makes better athletes: How to drug your baby for optimal athletic performance".
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

The Unflushable DEATHTURD wrote:@ discussing women is more disgusting than Peachy's worst sig.
Nice to see that the Sweetheart of the Sacristy is adding his two cents worth.

Gene
Don't like yourself too much.

Sofa King

Post by Sofa King »

. . .
WGM wrote:Fall off a chinup bar, drop a barbell on your head, or piss yourself at the bottom of a squat and the Internet will never forget you.

CultBuster
Staff Sergeant

Post by CultBuster »

If you want to weight train and do cardio and only have 30 odd minutes a day in which to do so you could do worse if you want to exceed at any physical endeavour outside deadlifting very little weight for reps stay well clear.

Marc.
http://antibullshittraining.blogspot.co ... uotes.html

big_t2100
Corporal

Post by big_t2100 »

HOLY BOLT-ONS!!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Gristly.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

RPC
Sarge

Post by RPC »

FYI. Shelly Pinkerton. Bodybuilder and Fitness model chic. Probably more chemically enhanced than BBoi.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pro ... 8138849..1

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

tough old man wrote:Couch sighting.
=D> =D> =D> =D>

:vom: coffee spitter
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

CultBuster
Staff Sergeant

Post by CultBuster »

"Good Morning, I am announcing a change in management and leadership style at CrossFit Inc. First of all, a very brief history. I am the founder of CrossFit. This company was built on my vision for how the world should and could exercise to greater advantage and effect. CF's success in this regard, and it has been significant, was built from Lauren's wisdom, perseverance, and understanding of my vision. I could not imagine a better more capable business partner than Lauren Glassman. With my good luck this relationship, our collaboration, will continue for the next 75 years!Effective immediately Lauren is stepping down from day-to-day operations of CF Inc while continuing as my most trusted adviser and co-owner of CrossFit Inc. I am, effective immediately, going to be a much more hands-on CEO. My vision for this company has been most ably handled by many, if not most, of you. I want to be included in the operations of every one of our divisions and departments. I want the department heads to set up weekly conference calls with me. Decisions regarding changes or shifts in direction, personnel, or finance are to be cleared with me. There's a lot of "stuff" that goes on at CF Inc that has seemingly been beyond my ken or interest. Be on notice: I'm very interested in everything we do. I'm going to depend on each of you to aid my comprehension and decision making. There will be a "period of adjustment", as business types like to say. During this period, there are likely to be personnel changes, changes in compensation, attitudes, assignment, and direction. If anyone wants off the bus, this would be a great time to speak up. I'm very willing to pull the bus to the curb and let anyone make a graceful exit. Otherwise, we're getting back to work. I'm leading by example here at 0300 on a borrowed computer outside of cell coverage and, frankly, civilization. The infighting that has been, and continues to be, an unacceptable drag coefficient on our efforts, especially mine, is going to end immediately. I'm not interested in "who started it", but in who is engaging in negative, disparaging, contentious interaction. It will, from here forward, be quite easy to get dismissed for starting a fight AND for fighting back. I will not settle for feigned collegiality, cloaked in outward pleasantness, coupled with behind the scenes grousing and sabotage. From here out, easy demeanor, sincere support and engagement, and genuine collegiality are going to take priority over subject matter competence. I am going to have staff both competent and affable/collegial, but competency can be more readily acquired and taught than affability, so I'm filtering for affability - starting now. I promise to do my utmost to support you all, to bring prosperity and success to each of you, to your families, and to CrossFit Inc. I'm not perfect, but I will put your needs and the business's needs ahead of my own to the best of my ability. I will be accessible to each and everyone of you on my Google Voice number: xxx-xxx-xxxx. When I'm out of cell coverage I'll respond via satellite phone or email. I promise to do my best to get back to ANY of you within 24 hours of receiving an email at [email protected] or phone call to the "424" number. I want to bring each and every one of you to our office in Prescott to talk, share, workout, and rest. Start making plans for your visits.

Sincerely, Greg Glassman CEOCrossFit Inc xxx-xxx-xxxx"

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Hard to see anything going wrong in that plan :-k
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I am delighted to welcome Gregg back!

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

I'm very willing to pull the bus to the curb and let anyone make a graceful exit.
Well, there is a first time for everything.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

This bodes well.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

CultBuster wrote:
"Good Morning, I am announcing a change in management and leadership style at CrossFit Inc. First of all, a very brief history. I am the founder of CrossFit. This company was built on my vision for how the world should and could exercise to greater advantage and effect. CF's success in this regard, and it has been significant, was built from Lauren's wisdom, perseverance, and understanding of my vision. I could not imagine a better more capable business partner than Lauren Glassman. With my good luck this relationship, our collaboration, will continue for the next 75 years!Effective immediately Lauren is stepping down from day-to-day operations of CF Inc while continuing as my most trusted adviser and co-owner of CrossFit Inc. I am, effective immediately, going to be a much more hands-on CEO. My vision for this company has been most ably handled by many, if not most, of you. I want to be included in the operations of every one of our divisions and departments. I want the department heads to set up weekly conference calls with me. Decisions regarding changes or shifts in direction, personnel, or finance are to be cleared with me. There's a lot of "stuff" that goes on at CF Inc that has seemingly been beyond my ken or interest. Be on notice: I'm very interested in everything we do. I'm going to depend on each of you to aid my comprehension and decision making. There will be a "period of adjustment", as business types like to say. During this period, there are likely to be personnel changes, changes in compensation, attitudes, assignment, and direction. If anyone wants off the bus, this would be a great time to speak up. I'm very willing to pull the bus to the curb and let anyone make a graceful exit. Otherwise, we're getting back to work. I'm leading by example here at 0300 on a borrowed computer outside of cell coverage and, frankly, civilization. The infighting that has been, and continues to be, an unacceptable drag coefficient on our efforts, especially mine, is going to end immediately. I'm not interested in "who started it", but in who is engaging in negative, disparaging, contentious interaction. It will, from here forward, be quite easy to get dismissed for starting a fight AND for fighting back. I will not settle for feigned collegiality, cloaked in outward pleasantness, coupled with behind the scenes grousing and sabotage. From here out, easy demeanor, sincere support and engagement, and genuine collegiality are going to take priority over subject matter competence. I am going to have staff both competent and affable/collegial, but competency can be more readily acquired and taught than affability, so I'm filtering for affability - starting now. I promise to do my utmost to support you all, to bring prosperity and success to each of you, to your families, and to CrossFit Inc. I'm not perfect, but I will put your needs and the business's needs ahead of my own to the best of my ability. I will be accessible to each and everyone of you on my Google Voice number: xxx-xxx-xxxx. When I'm out of cell coverage I'll respond via satellite phone or email. I promise to do my best to get back to ANY of you within 24 hours of receiving an email at [email protected] or phone call to the "424" number. I want to bring each and every one of you to our office in Prescott to talk, share, workout, and rest. Start making plans for your visits.

Sincerely, Greg Glassman CEOCrossFit Inc xxx-xxx-xxxx"
TRANSLATION: "While the ship headed at high speed through the icebergs, I was off the bridge imbibing, ranting, and catting about. We have taken a major hit below the waterline and I am not capable to assess the damage. The passengers are running for the rails and my officers are Boobs, idiots, and true believers, great for a weekend in La Jolla but not so good when the ship is dead in the water and the lights are flickering. I have reassumed command and will attempt to save my baby from the depths. I am on the bridge and in command and if anybody will just come up here and talk to me we can come up with a plan. Please don't get in a lifeboat with those I fired or reassigned.

I AM THE KING OF THE WORLD!"

hello

anybody

hello

hello
Last edited by powerlifter54 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex