TacFit Commando - Recruit Mission 1, 2, & 3 - Review

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
pigram86
Corporal

TacFit Commando - Recruit Mission 1, 2, & 3 - Review

Post by pigram86 »

I was in the middle of a 4x7 Density Cycle of Swipes with my new 25s from the Clubbell Training Black Book, when this program was launched. During this cycle, I started using Creatine again and my weight jumped to 280lbs at the end. Being a big guy, I have never really enjoyed bodyweight exercises. So I was wondering if I would ever actually do it. I decided to take it on and I am glad that I did. At the end of mission 3, my body compensation has changed; I dropped a size of pants and feel better. Not only are the exercises hard, but the yoga compensations kicked my ass. I have started the Grunt missions now and they are kicking my ass. Along with the grunt missions, I am adding in Prasara Primer 2.0 also.
The downloadable format is pretty awesome. I used downloadthemall to get the .mp4 and .mpv files within an hour. I used Nero to complie DVDs based on Recruit, Grunt, and Commando levels. I did the same with my iPod playlists. The resolution is kind of small, bigger would have been better.
The warm up section consists of 6 exercises for each mission for a total of 18. Each is performed for a minute. This is the same for the Cool down section. Each mission has 6 exercises that are done on the tabata protocol with a 1 minute round of RESET between each.
The program is based on 4x7. If you really do cycle your intensities, you can peak every fourth day. I did for most of mission 1 & 2. Mission 3 was the worst for since the table was the last exercise. It took me the entire 28 days until I could do one half way decent extended table.
Overall, I really like the program. I am far from ripped, but I have 6 more months for the entire program to be complete. The program also comes with a 4-day diet that I did not use. I stuck to the Warrior Diet and made some changes to my quantity of food I ate which helped with the drop in waist size. I did test my strength a couple of days on my moderate days and I believe I am actually stronger. My kbs feel lighter.

Shaun B. O'Murnecan
Sergeant Commanding

Re: TacFit Commando - Recruit Mission 1, 2, & 3 - Review

Post by Shaun B. O'Murnecan »

Anyone comfortable using the word mission to describe a workout should be crucified.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Good review pig, thanks.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
pigram86
Corporal

Post by pigram86 »

Norman U. Senchbau wrote:Anyone comfortable using the word mission to describe a workout should be crucified.
Norm,

Just using the names that are in the program. I didn't create it. I consider them training sessions. But workouts are fine too. Whatever you want to call them is fine by me.

Shaun B. O'Murnecan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shaun B. O'Murnecan »

pigram86 wrote:
Norman U. Senchbau wrote:Anyone comfortable using the word mission to describe a workout should be crucified.
Norm,

Just using the names that are in the program. I didn't create it. I consider them training sessions. But workouts are fine too. Whatever you want to call them is fine by me.
Oh go and be fucking reasonable. :partyman:

Topic author
pigram86
Corporal

Post by pigram86 »

Norman U. Senchbau wrote:
pigram86 wrote:
Norm,

Oh go and be fucking reasonable. :partyman:
LOL

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Thanks for the review.

Sounds interesting, but a bit pricey.

Topic author
pigram86
Corporal

Post by pigram86 »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:Thanks for the review.

Sounds interesting, but a bit pricey.
It is now. But at launch, the Deluxe edition was only $97.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

Stil liking the program then? How is the progress coming?

Edit: trying to catch up on the blogs you posted so I'm a little behind.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

Topic author
pigram86
Corporal

Post by pigram86 »

tough old man wrote:Stil liking the program then? How is the progress coming?

Edit: trying to catch up on the blogs you posted so I'm a little behind.
T.O.M.,

Yes still liking it. The Grunt 1 takes the recruit 1 exercises and sophisticates them. I find some them rather difficult. I am still losing fat which is a great thing! After finally being able to do a table pose, the Tripod overhead/twist transitions are easier. I am slowly peeling away the layers of all the BB shit I did in the 80's/90s and from sitting down all day at work, IT guy. I feel really good. I am taking a vacation next week, but will continue to train.

My oldest son, 15 yr old, has started with me and this week my wife started. That is awesome. I have one son left to get started, the we will all be "Going Commando" :supz:

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves »

I was playing around with Steers/Murdock's "Bodyweight Exercise Revolution" when Sonnon launced "Tacfit", and wanted to concentrate on that, rather than jumping from program to program.

My experience has been that 4x7 is a nice theory, but that's all it is, a theory, and it doesn't seem to work for me. I was certainly enthusiastic about the concept, and if there was going to be any kind of placebo effect I am sure it would have kicked in...but I simply could not progress that way, or at least not that fast.

Glad you're enjoying the program, thanks for the review and the info.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

Topic author
pigram86
Corporal

Post by pigram86 »

Abandoned by Wolves wrote:I was playing around with Steers/Murdock's "Bodyweight Exercise Revolution" when Sonnon launced "Tacfit", and wanted to concentrate on that, rather than jumping from program to program.

My experience has been that 4x7 is a nice theory, but that's all it is, a theory, and it doesn't seem to work for me. I was certainly enthusiastic about the concept, and if there was going to be any kind of placebo effect I am sure it would have kicked in...but I simply could not progress that way, or at least not that fast.

Glad you're enjoying the program, thanks for the review and the info.
AbW,

I had tried 4x7 cycles before and never really got anything from it. I was introduced to them by Dave Randolph. After I did the 4x7 with swipes, I didn't feel like it work. But with TFC, it is different, this time it seems to be working. The only thing I am doing different is that I do nothing else on the No days, and on the moderate days, I always do 2 or more less reps then on the high days. The low days for me are kind of intense since to the yoga piece is the hardest. As I stated, if you do cycle the intensities, the wave works. But it is hard to do that most of the time.

I have BER also, and never tried it. I have Mass Assault and R.O.P.E. also. Mass Assault may surprise a few people. It did me at first. I cycled it in on a few moderate days. I run a Cleveland KB Club, and had them only do 3 of the 6 rounds and they loved it. ROPE is not bad, some interesting exercises. I have never done suspension training before, so all new to me. I really got it for the I/F and Prasara stuff. Stay tuned to the 20th, if you decide to buy TFC.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien »

pigram86 wrote: I am slowly peeling away the layers of all the BB shit I did in the 80's/90s and from sitting down all day at work, IT guy.
I do BB shit all the time and don't feel any of those layers you're talking about.
I can also do most of the basic JM stuff that supposedly "peels away the layers", what gives?
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
Now look. I've eaten a pice of pie.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.

Topic author
pigram86
Corporal

Post by pigram86 »

Damien wrote:
pigram86 wrote: I am slowly peeling away the layers of all the BB shit I did in the 80's/90s and from sitting down all day at work, IT guy.
I do BB shit all the time and don't feel any of those layers you're talking about.
I can also do most of the basic JM stuff that supposedly "peels away the layers", what gives?
Damien,

For me, all the years of benching(incline, flat, decline) 1983-1995, & 2006, and being at a computer all day have left me extremely tight while trying to move into the table pose. I was also very inactive from 1996-2006, no training just trying to be the 12oz curl champion. Maybe it's just me, but the yoga piece is the hardest for me. That is why I enjoy that piece the most. I am sure just doing yoga by itself would be beneficial. That is why I have added in Prasara Primer 2.0 into my TFC sessions.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien »

Don't worry, I just reacted to the sonnon-lingo, "peeling away layers".
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
Now look. I've eaten a pice of pie.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves »

pigram86 wrote:
Damien wrote:
Damien,

For me, all the years of benching(incline, flat, decline) 1983-1995, & 2006, and being at a computer all day have left me extremely tight while trying to move into the table pose. I was also very inactive from 1996-2006, no training just trying to be the 12oz curl champion. Maybe it's just me, but the yoga piece is the hardest for me. That is why I enjoy that piece the most. I am sure just doing yoga by itself would be beneficial. That is why I have added in Prasara Primer 2.0 into my TFC sessions.
Prasara is, IMO, pretty good movement stuff, although by no means as radical or more effective than something like Bikram would be in loosening you up.

If you decide you want to go back to barbells, etc, for a while (change of pace, etc.) I was always impressed by Tony Gentilcore's ideas in his articles on "DeConstructing Computer Guy" on T-Mag. It's hard to find on the site anymore, I'd use google to search for it (site: t-muscle.com "Deconstructing Computer Guy") Nice analysis of what people who have spend a lot of time sitting should do in the gym (instead of what they WANT to do, ie benches, curls, stationary bike, etc.)
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

Topic author
pigram86
Corporal

Post by pigram86 »

Abandoned by Wolves wrote:
pigram86 wrote:
Damien wrote:
Damien,

Prasara is, IMO, pretty good movement stuff, although by no means as radical or more effective than something like Bikram would be in loosening you up.

If you decide you want to go back to barbells, etc, for a while (change of pace, etc.) I was always impressed by Tony Gentilcore's ideas in his articles on "DeConstructing Computer Guy" on T-Mag. It's hard to find on the site anymore, I'd use google to search for it (site: t-muscle.com "Deconstructing Computer Guy") Nice analysis of what people who have spend a lot of time sitting should do in the gym (instead of what they WANT to do, ie benches, curls, stationary bike, etc.)
I will check it out. Thanks. Your right any yoga would do. I had access to Prasara, so I choose it.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

TP, Thanks for all your help and answering my questions.
I have trouble following workouts in the winter and tend to get lazy. Luckily I know this and try to program workouts that require me to show up. Last year I did the TRX force workout for 12 weeks after doing Shafs ladders program and it worked well. So this year TFC will be my scheduled workout Oct - Dec. I hope the results are good.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

Topic author
pigram86
Corporal

Post by pigram86 »

tough old man wrote:TP, Thanks for all your help and answering my questions.
I have trouble following workouts in the winter and tend to get lazy. Luckily I know this and try to program workouts that require me to show up. Last year I did the TRX force workout for 12 weeks after doing Shafs ladders program and it worked well. So this year TFC will be my scheduled workout Oct - Dec. I hope the results are good.
Anytime. Follow the wave and the results will come. You may like it enough to continue it through Grunt and Commando.

Todd