The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Re: The couch thread

Post by Crust Bucket »

It's on purpose. They call it the clean and toss... lol.
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Cave Canem wrote:
Is that accidental or on purpose ? Because I could see some peawit coming up with a barbell toss for time and/or distance WOD.
You mean this stupid shit here:
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/Cros ... gGrace.mov
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:
Cave Canem wrote:
Is that accidental or on purpose ? Because I could see some peawit coming up with a barbell toss for time and/or distance WOD.
HOLY FUCKBALLS !! I thought you were kidding. What is the fucking point of that ? Let's accelerate the half-life of expensive equipment ? There has gotta be some kind of rule for @fit similar to Rule 34. If you can think it up, some fucktard is probably doing it somewhere for time.
Tantum validus superstes

Drywall
PFC

Post by Drywall »

Cave Canem wrote:
Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:
Cave Canem wrote:
HOLY FUCKBALLS !! I thought you were kidding. What is the fucking point of that ? Let's accelerate the half-life of expensive equipment ? There has gotta be some kind of rule for @fit similar to Rule 34. If you can think it up, some fucktard is probably doing it somewhere for time.
Unintentional self-parody. Fascinating.

Songjabong
Staff Sergeant

Post by Songjabong »

The Bear Jew wrote:
Gin Master wrote:
Songjabong wrote:
The Bear Jew wrote:Hell yeah nigger!!!

I will sell this spot for naked pics of the jewess mother posted on the page before.
so the top of page 1000 is ^this^, instead of ANYC? fuck.
Kinda fitting, actually. A self-important, irrelevant fool making racial and religious slurs in the same post.
Edited it just for you luv
nice save grizzly jew
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

sanchezero

Post by sanchezero »

Drywall wrote:
Gin Master wrote:Here's your first installment of Cracked Clavicle Monday.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXFgUAvzUaM[/youtube]

Start at 1:40 to build the suspense and watch the caving knees.
At the regional competition in Chicago, an 11 year old girl won some fan-involvement competition, rattling off 40+ pull ups. She then knocked out 30 more, before losing control of her momentum, flying through the air, bouncing her head on the ground and requiring medical attention. It was awesome.
my wife has a facebook friend that does couchfit. she was recently trying to morph her 'regular' kipping pullups into the more efficient and elite butterfly pullups. after practicing oodles of 'em her ooomph gave out on a negative and she dislocated her elbow which of course led to her falling from the bar and breaking her wrist. sadly it was on the same arm as the jacked elbow so she only had one gigantic cast.

both arms casted would be waaaay more elite, though.
have you ever been as far as even considered go want to do look more like?

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

big_t2100 wrote:Holy Monday!!! Love Barky Videos!!!!

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/WOD1 ... alance.mov
I've seen this video several times before but it amazes me more each time I watch it. She is fantastic.

Jay

Post by Jay »

And I log into facebook for the first time in a few days to look at the posts and what do I see?

A fucking warrior-type ode to the goddamn regionals.

I am so damn sick and tired of seeing people compare warriors to people who flop around like an IHOP pancake.

Its a fucking workout you assholes.... a damn workout.... the more you tools act like you are a crew of Vikings raiding red-headed Irish girls, the more asinine you look. Maybe to your little gin-soaked crew you guys are kewl, nothing says kewl like 175# men who look like Abercrombie and Fitch models with SLAP tears.

BTW, warriors kill shit. The only things you kill are exercise science and the board short display at Target.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

Mickey O'neil wrote:
She is fantastic.
are you guys still in jr high? how many times are you going to ooh and aah about this over-clothed and self-adoring gash?
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Hymen Asshole
Staff Sergeant

Post by Hymen Asshole »

Mickey O'neil wrote:

I've seen this video several times before but it amazes me more each time I watch it. She is fantastic.
I can't figure out why she takes so many damn steps away from the rack

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Jay wrote:BTW, warriors kill shit. The only things you kill are exercise science and the board short display at Target.
=D> =D> =D> =D>
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

friedquads
Pillowbiter

Post by friedquads »

Jay wrote:BTW, warriors kill shit. The only things you kill are exercise science and the board short display at Target.
I think I got my new sig line...
I choose to kill people with kindness. Oh, I should also mention "kindness" is the name of my samurai sword.

Takafumi
Manrammer, 3rd Rate

Post by Takafumi »

Drywall wrote:
...an 11 year old girl ... losing control of her momentum, flying through the air, bouncing her head on the ground and requiring medical attention. It was awesome.
There's nothing "awesome" about a little girl bouncing her head on the ground.

tzg
Gunny

Post by tzg »

How is she? It wasn't concrete, was it? Does she need a lawyer?

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Gin Master wrote:Here's your first installment of Cracked Clavicle Monday.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXFgUAvzUaM[/youtube]

Start at 1:40 to build the suspense and watch the caving knees.
WildGorillaMan wrote:
The reality is that no matter who wins, in a year no one will remember. Fall off a chinup bar, drop a barbell on your head, or piss yourself at the bottom of a squat and the Internet will never forget you.

Nobody remembers who took Gold in ski jumping in '88 but everybody remembers Eddie the Eagle.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Blocky_Mofo
Sarge

Post by Blocky_Mofo »

Jay wrote:And I log into facebook for the first time in a few days to look at the posts and what do I see?

A fucking warrior-type ode to the goddamn regionals.

I am so damn sick and tired of seeing people compare warriors to people who flop around like an IHOP pancake.

Its a fucking workout you assholes.... a damn workout.... the more you tools act like you are a crew of Vikings raiding red-headed Irish girls, the more asinine you look. Maybe to your little gin-soaked crew you guys are kewl, nothing says kewl like 175# men who look like Abercrombie and Fitch models with SLAP tears.

BTW, warriors kill shit. The only things you kill are exercise science and the board short display at Target.

Irony also being that your Average WWII Grunt (while probably in better shape due to the fact there wasnt a goddamn McDonalds on every corner) didnt worry about their Fran time for PT, sure as shit didnt eat puh-leOH, were no B.S shot-and-beer type Men who Looked right into the belly of the beast and got the job done anyfuckinway. Cheers to them, and F-U-C-K the @fit faggots for not even holding a candle to their Testicular fortitude.
. "Any man who slows down because of pubes in his teeth or blood on his chin is a closet bus station queer."

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

I don't know who AJ Moore is but people are going bananas that he got shafted by bad judging at a Regionals.

I am writing to ask you to review the situation involving AJ Moore of the Mid-Atlantic Regionals this past weekend. As you can see, he took 4th place overall, having accumulated 43 points after placing 1st in WOD 1, 2nd in WODs 2, 3, and 5, 6th in WOD 6 and 30th in WOD 4. It is regarding the judging issues in WOD 4 which prompt me to write this.

As you can see by his scores in the first 3 WODs of the weekend, AJ was well prepared for Regionals and doing a phenomenal job. He felt great going into WOD 4 and was solidly in 1st place. When his heat was called to their lanes, he went up and met his judges. I was fortunate enough to have a great view, sitting right in the front, positioned in between the double unders and kettlebell stations, and I watched as he and his judges went through each station and discussed each element. As with the other stations, he did a few reps -- he performed 3 or 4 kettlebell swings and was given the okay by his judges on his range of motion and hitting the standard that had been set forth.

Upon 3, 2,1 GO! he flawlessly performed his 100 pull ups and was first off the bars along with Ben Smith. He began performing his kettlebell swings and things quickly went downhill for him. As I'm sure you're aware from the article written about his performance in WOD 4, throughout the 13+ minutes he was performing kettlebell swings, he was no repped 60 times. Were there some valid no rep calls? Absolutely. I had done that workout on a team that morning and we were no repped many times on them, as were many other team members and individual competitors throughout the day. It was a tough standard to meet, and there were some of his that didn't quite meet the standard set forth. But he is an experienced athlete, and as soon as his judge would call no rep, he made sure he understood why, made adjustments, and continued working. But as time ticked by, I watched as his judge continually called no rep on ones that looked to me, and based on the crowd's reaction, many others, to be valid reps. He performed swings that looked identical to the ones on which he was given the okay during his meeting with his judges prior to beginning that were not being counted. He performed reps that counted followed by an identical looking rep which would be declared invalid. He performed reps identical to the men in other lanes and his were not counted as theirs were.

The rest is clear -- he eventually got through the kbs and continued on with his double unders and into his overhead squats, but with little time remaining, he ended up with a score of 26:00, putting him in 30th place on that event. It is a testament to who is is as an athlete that during and after the workout he never yelled at his judge or anyone else and didn't argue or contest the result. He has incredibly high standards for himself and his performances and therefore placed the blame for his score nowhere but himself. And I would bet that he does not like the Facebook group calling for a special invitation to be extended to him and would not want me to write and submit this to you. However, as one who watched with shock and disbelief every kettlebell swing he did and heard every unfair call that was made, I cannot quietly sit by and blame him the way he blames himself.

My point is not to criticize the judge or the event officials. I would like to give her and them the benefit of the doubt and I think they were doing their best in the heat of the moment. And I certainly am not trying to take anything away from any of AJ's competitors -- they all worked hard and did phenomenal jobs. But this was an injustice that destroyed this athlete's chance of getting to the Games. It is a testament to his fitness level that even after that 30th place finish he was still in 5th place and technically still was in contention. And it says even more about his fitness level and who he is as an athlete that after what he went through Saturday night both mentally and physically he pulled off an amazing performance and 2nd place finish on Amanda, moving him into a tie for 3rd place. In the aftermath of our Regionals, I have read arguments to the effect that because he still had an opportunity to secure his spot in the Games in WOD 6, but failed to do beat the one competitor he had to beat (Spencer Hendel) in order to do so during that WOD, it is fair that he did not place in the top 3. Spencer was an amazing athlete to witness perform all weekend and pulled off a crushing performance in WOD 6 which secured his 3rd place spot. However, I strongly disagree with saying that AJ fairly was in 4th at the end of the weekend. There is nothing fair about asking an athlete to make up for unfair judging which significantly dropped him or her in the standings, and the fact that doing so was even a possibility in this situation again just speaks to what an elite athlete AJ is and how stellar his other performances were.

If AJ had placed even only 25th in WOD 4, he would have still ended up in the top 3. Given his high scores in the other WODs this weekend, it is unfathomable to think he legitimately just happened to place as low as he did in the 100s workout without something unfair going on in how he was being judged. This is not an athlete who unfortunately had a weakness which was exposed on a particular element that came up in a WOD and couldn't get through a particular movement. This is an athlete who has impeccable form across the board and remarkable stats. If his other performances and finishes throughout the Mid-Atlantic Regioals do not attest to that fact, then to emphasize it I must point out that, among other impressive stats, I believe his Fran PR is 2:02, he can do 30 muscle ups in 2:53, has a 5:24 Jackie time, and at approximately 5'6" and 165 pounds, he can deadlift 560#, C&J 315#, snatch 233#, and his back squat 3RM is 415#.

Obviously invitations to the Games are not awarded based on an individual's PRs or how well they handle themselves during a tense WOD with an unfair judge in front of an angry crowd. No, in this case, a special invitation to the Games should be offered to AJ Moore based on his performance during the Mid-Atlantic Regionals this past weekend in spite of the injustice I witnessed during WOD 4. As far as I am aware, there is no formal process for appealing this type of situation, but at the very least, a special look into his case is warranted, possibly by questioning the assistant judge assigned to AJ regarding how many of those no rep calls the head judge made that she disagreed with, or reviewing video footage of the event, or giving him the opportunity to redo that WOD and seeing where his time would have placed him amongst his competitors.

The goal of the 2011 Reebok CrossFit Games is to crown the fittest man (and woman) in the world. The format of the Open did a wonderful job of casting that wide net you spoke of to begin that search. But to exclude an athlete of AJ's caliber from the Games due to the above incident would be to exclude a very big fish and cast a large shadow on the outcome and integrity of the Games.

I have a couple short video clips of AJ's performance in WOD 4 that I would be happy to share if you would like to see them, although I believe there are others who have video of the entirety of AJ's performance, and I would be happy to speak about this further or answer any questions you may have.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

This is what happens when you make kettlebell swings a competitive event.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

WildGorillaMan wrote:I don't know who AJ Moore is but people are going bananas that he got shafted by bad judging at a Regionals.

I am writing to blah, blah, blah, blah blah.......

That is what happens when you make exercising a competitive event. Kenny summarizes nicely.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns6YSvCsVJM[/youtube]
Don’t believe everything you think.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

It would seem to be pretty obvious that this guy did something that couch/bony/asstro didn't like and they rigged the judge against them.

If the head people are corrupt, which they are, the entire Gaymes are corrupt.

Drywall
PFC

Post by Drywall »

Takafumi wrote:
Drywall wrote:
...an 11 year old girl ... losing control of her momentum, flying through the air, bouncing her head on the ground and requiring medical attention. It was awesome.
There's nothing "awesome" about a little girl bouncing her head on the ground.
Sarcasm. Duh.
tzg wrote:How is she? It wasn't concrete, was it? Does she need a lawyer?
In all seriousness, she's fine, they checked her out and she was ok. Kids are indestructible. It was a nasty spill though.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

WildGorillaMan wrote:

This is what happens when people with no competitive experience are made to believe they are competing in an athletic event. OMG! Judges screwed this one guy!!
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

j-cubed
Gunny

Post by j-cubed »

Hymen Asshole wrote:
Mickey O'neil wrote:

Better camera angle.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

Captain Quack wrote:It would seem to be pretty obvious that this guy did something that couch/bony/asstro didn't like and they rigged the judge against them.

If the head people are corrupt, which they are, the entire Gaymes are corrupt.
But who cares. If they expect anything different, they are even dumber than we've been saying they are for the last 1001 pages.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

j-cubed wrote:
Hymen Asshole wrote:
Mickey O'neil wrote:

Better camera angle.
The camera angle was one thing that was wrong with that video. Next time, she should use more cameras, put them in creative locations, and then do a little editing. With a little more work, she could finally graduate from this thread to the "White Women" thread.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."