The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

milosz

Re: The couch thread

Post by milosz »

If CF were smart, they'd be rigging the games so that hot french chick and AllisonNYC won every event. They could probably drop the men's portion as well.

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

Crust Bucket wrote:Glad to see the East German swim team and sleepy from the seven dwarfs are still active.
=D>

Terminator 3 would have been a more realistic movie with these women in it.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

From a tri swim podcast with Mackenzie around six weeks ago:
"I believe we have what is probably the best model for training to date for sports specificity. And that absolutely, I mean, an arguable point, and, you know, only time will tell but with the reactions we have and the athletes we are seeing, it's really, it's holding water. It's an amazing thing to be able to go do - if you go and think about it, I mean, even if you would go and take an athlete like Michael Phelps who's swimming, what'd they say, 10,000 yards a day at one point getting ready for the Olympics for an event that's going to take him, what, under two minutes, how is that, really, I mean, if we were going to look at that, how is that efficient?"
I bet Phelp's coach feels like an ass not training him in a more efficient manner than he did.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Who the fuck thinks Olympians are supposed to have efficient training? You're supposed to train past efficiency all the way through diminishing returns until there's nothing more you can do that won't screw you up.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Is he so fucking ignorant or too lazy to find out for himself just what MP does at a big competition? How many events he swims at nearly 100 percent effort, some events nearly back to back thoughout a single day and the work capacity/fitness needed to do that?

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Shapecharge wrote:Is he so fucking ignorant or too lazy to find out for himself just what MP does at a big competition? How many events he swims at nearly 100 percent effort, some events nearly back to back thoughout a single day and the work capacity/fitness needed to do that?
It's more important that you're in and out of the gym in 20 minutes or less each day!
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

protobuilder wrote:
Shapecharge wrote:Is he so fucking ignorant or too lazy to find out for himself just what MP does at a big competition? How many events he swims at nearly 100 percent effort, some events nearly back to back thoughout a single day and the work capacity/fitness needed to do that?
It's more important that you're in and out of the gym in 20 minutes or less each day!
After all, Michael Phelps is super busy - 20 mins a day sounds great!

CultBuster
Staff Sergeant

Post by CultBuster »

Of all the retards in @fit B-mac baffles me the most. He has semi-solid dudes backing hime up..Orlando, Lipson, Blauer and he actually get shit published in something other than the CFJ. He has never been a winner, or even coached a winner. Couch can always take some credit for Greg A. Josh Everett and even though it's bullshit..it COULD have happened. B-mac is a joke and he is without a doubt the biggest douchebag I have ever mety face to face.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

CultBuster wrote:Of all the retards in @fit B-mac baffles me the most. He has semi-solid dudes backing hime up..Orlando, Lipson, Blauer and he actually get shit published in something other than the CFJ. He has never been a winner, or even coached a winner. Couch can always take some credit for Greg A. Josh Everett and even though it's bullshit..it COULD have happened. B-mac is a joke and he is without a doubt the biggest douchebag I have ever mety face to face.
He's a pretty good example of how far you can go with absolutely nothing but delusional confidence.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

kreator

Post by kreator »

CultBuster wrote:Of all the retards in @fit B-mac baffles me the most. He has semi-solid dudes backing hime up..Orlando, Lipson, Blauer and he actually get shit published in something other than the CFJ. He has never been a winner, or even coached a winner. Couch can always take some credit for Greg A. Josh Everett and even though it's bullshit..it COULD have happened. B-mac is a joke and he is without a doubt the biggest douchebag I have ever mety face to face.
None of those people know anything about endurance. Everyone who matters in the endurance world thinks that BMack is a joke. Actually most have never heard of him.

The only person who has a respectable resume in endurance who supports him is Max Wunderle. He used to be a pretty good triathlete. He has had a few athletes who did strict CFE and failed. Now he's starting to get some guys/girls that are putting up decent finishes but he's throwing in 20 mile runs and all sorts of stuff that's not anywhere on the CFE site (or specifically mentioned as what to avoid).
Also, when I met him he was eating a yellow pepper like it was an apple and counting almonds. One of the weirdest things I've ever seen.

And yeah I've met BMack. He really is as big of an arrogant jerk in real life as you'd think from reading about him online.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

http://www.reebok.com/US/brand/fitness/reebok-crossfit/
Through the partnership, Reebok will be the title sponsor of the CrossFit Games, the world's premier test to find the Fittest on Earth™, launch Reebok|CrossFit "boxes", and introduce a range of footwear and apparel designed specifically for CrossFit training and competition.
Let the franchising and revenue sharing begin!
Greg Glassman, co-founder of CrossFit, said, "Our goal at CrossFit is to change the world through fitness, so partnering with Reebok – a company that has built itself on the foundation of fitness and has fitness as a part of its DNA – makes perfect sense. The passion Reebok has for fitness is evident in everything they do, from the products they make to the way Reebok employees have embraced CrossFit – and we are truly working together to bring fitness to the world."
:partyman: couch wanna retire.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Much like the 2011 Reebok Crossfit Games, the revolution will not be televised, but it will be streaming on the Internet.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

The R@@bok infection of @F has set in and is spreading quickly...
http://journal.crossfit.com/2011/08/ash ... ticleTitle
Ashtanga Yoga vs. @Fit

By Kristen Gilbert

Kristen Gilbert, A 13-year practitioner of Ashtanga yoga, tries @Fit for six months and says the two practices complement each other in testing the body and the mind.

On the surface, Ashtanga yoga and @Fit look like opposites.

Yoga involves incense, OMs, peace and vegetarianism, but @Fit cultivates explosive power and aggression in utilitarian-style affiliate gyms. But when delving below the surface, these practices are not only startlingly similar but also complement each other.

Previous @Fit Journal posts have introduced the concept that yoga, breath control and psychological techniques can enhance overall performance. Ashtanga is viewed in the yoga community as the most vigorous branch of yoga, so it’s an ideal fit for @Fitters who embrace intensity and physical aggression.
Watch for @F yoga pants soon, at twice the price of the standard R@@bok yoga gear. @F Core Boards will be soon to follow. Y'all been sold out, hard.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

You'll Hurt Your Back

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Crossfit is already ripe with liability issues. Reebok helping/profiting from "boxes" will increase plaintiffs' lawyers interest.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

George B wrote:Seriously, people look at this

and say that they aren't on the juice?

i am usually a fan of Andro friday but today, August 5, is the most disturbing WGM Andro Friday ever. With 2-3 exceptions, today was way more Andro then Friday.

Disturbing.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

HorizonMan
Sarge

Post by HorizonMan »

Captain Quack wrote:The R@@bok infection of @F has set in and is spreading quickly...
Ashtanga Yoga vs. @Fit

By Kristen Gilbert

Kristen Gilbert, A 13-year practitioner of Ashtanga yoga, tries @Fit for six months and says the two practices complement each other in testing the body and the mind.

Yoga involves incense, OMs, peace and vegetarianism, but @Fit cultivates explosive power and aggression in utilitarian-style affiliate gyms. But when delving below the surface, these practices are not only startlingly similar but also complement each other.

Previous @Fit Journal posts have introduced the concept that yoga, breath control and psychological techniques can enhance overall performance. Ashtanga is viewed in the yoga community as the most vigorous branch of yoga, so it’s an ideal fit for @Fitters who embrace intensity and physical aggression.
Watch for @F yoga pants soon, at twice the price of the standard R@@bok yoga gear. @F Core Boards will be soon to follow. Y'all been sold out, hard.
That's a match made in heaven. They both share the same delusional belief that beating yourself and pretending to to have good form no matter how sloppy you really are is the key to eliteness. They both believe that doing their system makes them better than anyone else.

I drank the Ashtanga koolaid for around 15 years, went very far, and was fortunate that i didn't sustain any major injuries, but i saw people constantly getting hurt for no good reason.

CrossAshtangaFit lord help us now!

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

powerlifter54 wrote: i am usually a fan of Andro friday but today, August 5, is the most disturbing WGM Andro Friday ever. With 2-3 exceptions, today was way more Andro then Friday.

Disturbing.
T.S. Eliot wrote:Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
You'll Hurt Your Back

Jay

Post by Jay »

Andro Friday this time looked like the old school one... gristle and equipoise

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Jay wrote:Andro Friday this time looked like the old school one... gristle and equipoise
They got the science!
You'll Hurt Your Back

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

powerlifter54 wrote:

i am usually a fan of Andro friday but today, August 5, is the most disturbing WGM Andro Friday ever. With 2-3 exceptions, today was way more Andro then Friday.

Disturbing.
Jesus. That ginger on the right has a brow ridge bigger than mine.
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Hymen Asshole
Staff Sergeant

Post by Hymen Asshole »

Captain Quack wrote:The R@@bok infection of @F has set in and is spreading quickly...
Ashtanga Yoga vs. @Fit

By Kristen Gilbert

From the mouths of babes!

Hymen Asshole
Staff Sergeant

Post by Hymen Asshole »

WildGorillaMan wrote:Gorilladurance 4.0

http://wildgorillaman.spreadshirt.com/m ... ze/color/2
$47 bucks?
You've priced this so that only crossfitters can afford it

Hymen Asshole
Staff Sergeant

Post by Hymen Asshole »

WildGorillaMan wrote:Gorilladurance 4.0

http://wildgorillaman.spreadshirt.com/m ... ze/color/2
$47 bucks?
You've priced this so that only crossfitters can afford it

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

powerlifter54 wrote:

Disturbing.
Give her a buzz cut and board shorts and how is she any different from Clever (other than height and hair color) ?
Tantum validus superstes