The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

friedquads
Pillowbiter

Re: The couch thread

Post by friedquads »

Yes, I'm drunk wrote:
Captain Quack wrote:@F: Our workout is your abortion.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

That shit needs to be on a T-Shirt.
Jay wrote:BTW, warriors kill shit. The only things you kill are exercise science and the board short display at Target.
I choose to kill people with kindness. Oh, I should also mention "kindness" is the name of my samurai sword.

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

I hate this because it's true.

Apparently one of the workout modifications is to change KBS to squatting KB overhead high pulls. Great idea.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Gin Master wrote:

Apparently one of the workout modifications is to change KBS to squatting KB overhead high pulls. Great idea.

If there is a ever any doubt why we need to keep the couch thread alive this should clarify it completely. From a system that gave us the babysquatter, now we get the recking ball lady. The arrogance and ignorance evident in that picture is beyond description.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

lesser_rebelangel
Staff Sergeant
Location: at the intersection of undertraining & overthinking

Post by lesser_rebelangel »

Captain Quack wrote: @F: Our workout is your abortion.
Nafod is a dem-bootlicking faggot and the product of an anal birth.
Last edited by lesser_rebelangel on Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It stinks like sex in here."

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

Wow. I need to convert to Islam so I can declare Jihad on @F.

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw »

Gin Master wrote:Wow. I need to convert to Islam so I can declare Jihad on @F.
Jihadists actually use @F to get in shape to wage war on us lowly infidels.
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Testiclaw wrote:
Gin Master wrote:Wow. I need to convert to Islam so I can declare Jihad on @F.
Jihadists actually use @F to get in shape to wage war on us lowly infidels.
You're right more than you know:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdggP7rw0mg[/youtube]
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

Yeah I recall a momenr similar to that. And trying to teach pushups to other Arabs.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

edit: can't do it.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Bleve
Recruit

Post by Bleve »

Lon Kilgore and a few others just released "FIT", an interesting mishmash of PPST and a few other bits & pieces - on the FIT arsebook page, BMnC recommended it, I wonder if he finished reading it?

Waxing Gibbous
Private

Post by Waxing Gibbous »

There are a bunch of youtube vids showing equal hilarity teaching Iraqis jumping jacks - why is this so hard for the arabs? I love this one from around the time I was there.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iQjQnyeBVw[/youtube]

The only good part is that these are all within the @F "acceptable slop" range, so every one of those reps count.

EDIT: Thanks BCPR!
Last edited by Waxing Gibbous on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

You have to delete the "&" and everything after it.
Last edited by KingSchmaltzBagelHour on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

Moku_Nui
Corporal

Post by Moku_Nui »

Per the abortionist revolution, I meant fitness revolution challenging all science establishments and "proving" it all wrong, many of the boxes have been doing more self-publishing of their own "articles" on how muscles are supposed to work and how to properly do linear periodization, get strong using @fit, and how Dr Seuss is wrong that becoming a beast is not a bad thing and it doesn't take out the pain of being a man.

What happens when you remove fact & reasoning? Injurious Fads of Faith.
I ain't gonna lie to you, this ice cream is delicious.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

fucking whoa!

crossfit games on espn2 tonight. starting at 8 pm eastern

that's what my satellite tv guide says.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Moku_Nui
Corporal

Post by Moku_Nui »

^That's because the real pinnacle of sport events can be seen on PPV. The whole Rugby World Cup 2011 only on PPV...not on ESPN.

If I preferred to watch broads with unnaturally large clits and a building history for a part-time occupation in arthroscopy, I'd watch tranny pron on tube8...for free...anytime I want.
I ain't gonna lie to you, this ice cream is delicious.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

I hate the phrase Reebok uses "In the sport of fitness". There are sports and there is fitness.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

mtman1
Corporal

Post by mtman1 »

How come they haven't showed Couch yet?
Would you rather learn from Steve or Rif? Plus how many RKCs actually live in their cars and bathe in streams and shit?

kreator

Post by kreator »

1 hr 18 minutes in, Tim Ferris (author of 4 hour body) says he blew out his hamstring...where else? A Crossfit endurance cert.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

kreator wrote:

1 hr 18 minutes in, Tim Ferris (author of 4 hour body) says he blew out his hamstring...where else? A Crossfit endurance cert.
LMFAO...at that injury and at how baked Rogan is.

For the homeopathy thread that is still going on somewhere on this board, that means both Ferriss and Joe DeFranco endorse the use of arnica in homeopathic form (most people use it as Traumeel that Ferriss mentioned directly in that clip).

It is also very @F of Ferriss to keep training on a strained hamstring, especially considering he probably went to that seminar for free.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

Apparently @F has finally decided to sic their high-powered law dogs...er, check that. I mean Dale Saran...on those who would dare use the cult name inappropriately.
My name is Dale Saran and I work for @F. Your use of the @F trademark on your website to advertise and solicit customers is a violation of federal law - specifically, the Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C. §1051 et seq.

@F is a federally registered trademark (USPTO No. 3007458) and only licensed @F affiliates have the right to advertise using the @F name. Please remove all mention of @F from your website. Level I trainers who are in good standing may list their @F certification as part of a bio/certs page, but that is the extent of the use. Trademark violations give the aggrieved party the right to seek the remedies available under 15 U.S.C. §1125 et seq. This may include damages, injunctive relief, an accounting of any profits made from the illegal use, and attorney's fees, just to name a few.

Please cease and desist using the trademark within 10 days of this email. If not, we will have to seek judicial enforcement.

[…] this is not the first time I have written you and you have worn out any good will that you may have had. If I do not hear back from you, the next time you receive a notice will be service of process for a lawsuit. Once that starts, I do not intend to stop that process until we are standing in front of a federal judge with you and your attorney explaining why you think you can use our mark with impunity.
Dale might want to familiarize himself with the US District Court's decision about the Pilates trademark case, and the above gym owner should get a copy of this to their lawyer as well:
Pilates Trademark Case Judgement - Balanced Body

I posted some of these links many moons ago in this thread, but for those who never looked at them or are new to all of this, here's some lighter reading on the subject than a 93-page court decision:
http://www.pilates.com/BBAPP/V/pilates/ ... wsuit.html
http://www.pilates.com/BBAPP/V/pilates/ ... later.html

The simple fact that people call themselves "@Fers" by following a free website workout plan should be enough, no? The lack of specifics on the programming is another knock to the trademark argument, along with the fact that they've never defended it until now, correct?

friedquads
Pillowbiter

Post by friedquads »

Captain Quack wrote:Apparently @F has finally decided to sic their high-powered law dogs...er, check that. I mean Dale Saran...on those who would dare use the cult name inappropriately.
My name is Dale Saran and I work for @F. Your use of the @F trademark on your website to advertise and solicit customers is a violation of federal law - specifically, the Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C. §1051 et seq.

@F is a federally registered trademark (USPTO No. 3007458) and only licensed @F affiliates have the right to advertise using the @F name. Please remove all mention of @F from your website. Level I trainers who are in good standing may list their @F certification as part of a bio/certs page, but that is the extent of the use. Trademark violations give the aggrieved party the right to seek the remedies available under 15 U.S.C. §1125 et seq. This may include damages, injunctive relief, an accounting of any profits made from the illegal use, and attorney's fees, just to name a few.

Please cease and desist using the trademark within 10 days of this email. If not, we will have to seek judicial enforcement.

[…] this is not the first time I have written you and you have worn out any good will that you may have had. If I do not hear back from you, the next time you receive a notice will be service of process for a lawsuit. Once that starts, I do not intend to stop that process until we are standing in front of a federal judge with you and your attorney explaining why you think you can use our mark with impunity.
Dale might want to familiarize himself with the US District Court's decision about the Pilates trademark case, and the above gym owner should get a copy of this to their lawyer as well:
Pilates Trademark Case Judgement - Balanced Body

I posted some of these links many moons ago in this thread, but for those who never looked at them or are new to all of this, here's some lighter reading on the subject than a 93-page court decision:
http://www.pilates.com/BBAPP/V/pilates/ ... wsuit.html
http://www.pilates.com/BBAPP/V/pilates/ ... later.html

The simple fact that people call themselves "@Fers" by following a free website workout plan should be enough, no? The lack of specifics on the programming is another knock to the trademark argument, along with the fact that they've never defended it until now, correct?
Who is that fucker sending a C&D to this time?

And I remember the Pilates decision. It set one of the best precedents for trademarking by far.
Jay wrote:BTW, warriors kill shit. The only things you kill are exercise science and the board short display at Target.
I choose to kill people with kindness. Oh, I should also mention "kindness" is the name of my samurai sword.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

powerlifter54 wrote:
Gin Master wrote:

If there is a ever any doubt why we need to keep the couch thread alive this should clarify it completely. From a system that gave us the babysquatter, now we get the recking ball lady. The arrogance and ignorance evident in that picture is beyond description.
Indeed - if anybody fails to understand this purpose of this thread, they need look no further than the above example.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

friedquads
Pillowbiter

Post by friedquads »

kreator wrote:

So much for learning to run better and injury free. :Hangman:

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

friedquads wrote:
kreator wrote:

So much for learning to run better and injury free. :Hangman:
I remember reading that he did a kettlebell certification though hurt his shoulder. In his last book, he met with a speed caoch though didn't finish because he got injured doing either 20s or 40s and was using @fit endurance to train for an ultra which was to be completed around the time the book was published but.....http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/ultra/.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.