Occupy Wall Street

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

milosz

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Post by milosz »

The video puts the lie to the chief's claims. The cops were in such danger... the pig in question slowly and calmly walked down a row pepper-spraying kids. They don't appear to be surrounded at the time of the spraying, that happens afterward... and the crowd in question is peaceful, standing feet or yards away from the pigs, documenting what they're about to do.

I assume UC-Davis doesn't have its own riot pigs, so I have a feeling these kids get to sue the Davis PD and UC Davis itself. They won't have to worry about student loans, at least.

milosz

Post by milosz »

I notice this has had a nice bump in viewership of late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSvD5SM_uI4

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

milosz wrote:The video puts the lie to the chief's claims. The cops were in such danger... the pig in question slowly and calmly walked down a row pepper-spraying kids. They don't appear to be surrounded at the time of the spraying, that happens afterward... and the crowd in question is peaceful, standing feet or yards away from the pigs, documenting what they're about to do.

I assume UC-Davis doesn't have its own riot pigs, so I have a feeling these kids get to sue the Davis PD and UC Davis itself. They won't have to worry about student loans, at least.
It's amazing the cop did that, given the number of cameras. The video is disgusting.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

CharlieBob
Sarge

Post by CharlieBob »

Fat Cat wrote:Given that police officers represent a small fraction of the population, they are always surrounded. Furthermore, you can plainly see from the photo, jackass, that they aren't surrounded or in any form of distress.
You are a special kind of stupid. I am not even mad, just amazed.

a) I never claimed to have the full story, and in fact said I have no idea what "actually" happened. Just like you don't. All I said is that there is probably two sides, and the truth is usually found somewhere in the middle, and that perhaps a single photo is not the best way to make a judgement of the situation. Don't let that stop you from jumping to whatever conclusion seems to fit your fucked up view of reality though.

b) The police are not always surrounded by a mob of screaming individuals refusing to obey the law.

c) I said the CAR was blocked in, retard, not the individual officers. I assume that getting pepper sprayed is better than being run over?

You are the one that loves quoting the bible, maybe you should take a page from the book and not jump to snap conclusions when you know nothing about a situation other than what you see in the media. Take a step back and actually try to look at things from both sides with an honest an open mind, because nothing is ever as simple as you would like it to be.
"I swear by my life and by my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine"

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
milosz wrote:The video puts the lie to the chief's claims. The cops were in such danger... the pig in question slowly and calmly walked down a row pepper-spraying kids. They don't appear to be surrounded at the time of the spraying, that happens afterward... and the crowd in question is peaceful, standing feet or yards away from the pigs, documenting what they're about to do.

It's amazing the cop did that, given the number of cameras. The video is disgusting.
And yet you thought the chimp sucker punching the old man at the subway was awesome. You're all sorts of fucked in the head.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

High Velocity Lie-Nap! wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:

And yet you thought the chimp sucker punching the old man at the subway was awesome. You're all sorts of fucked in the head.
I think you've got him confused with me. I think all violence is awesome.

And I'll admit as fucked up as it is to spray no resisting people I still get a bit of grin out of it.

And yes I am fucked in the head.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Edzekiel Zachariah wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:

And I'll admit as fucked up as it is to spray no resisting people I still get a bit of grin out of it.

No, Ed. I am not confusing him. Are you off of your meds? You seem unstable.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:

No, Ed. I am not confusing him. Are you off of your meds? You seem unstable.
LOL

I've never been on meds. You think I should email Rant and see what I should start?
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Oakland is at it again. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1M1KPH.DTL

These cunts in Oakland don't seem to care that residents don't want them there. They're not getting the support at this point that they'll need for whatever it is they want to do. At least not in Oakland.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

My ill will towards the five-o is effervescent and bubbling at all times. That said, Pepper Pig displays such an easy savoir faire, one can't help but tip their hat to the player whilst hating the game.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

baffled wrote:Oakland is at it again. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1M1KPH.DTL

These cunts in Oakland don't seem to care that residents don't want them there. They're not getting the support at this point that they'll need for whatever it is they want to do. At least not in Oakland.
You're forgetting the residents that do want them there-- the ones whose basements they moved out of.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Grandpa's Spells wrote:

I was kidding about that. Unprovoked attacking an old due is messed up.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

The Crawdaddy

Post by The Crawdaddy »

Herv100 wrote:Image
Weeeeelllllll, maybe not EVERYwhere.
:^o
Blaidd Drwg wrote:90% of the people lifting in gyms are doing it on "feel" and what they really "feel" like is being a lazy fuck.
"A good man always knows his limitations..." -- "Dirty" Harry Callahan

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Seems reasonable enough: http://www.dailycal.org/2011/11/18/man- ... ents-face/
A man allegedly threw an aluminum water bottle at a UC Berkeley student Thursday evening on campus, causing minor injuries to the victim’s face.

At about 5:09 p.m., the female student was approached by a man at “the northeast exterior of the Haas Pavilion,” according to a UCPD crime alert. The man asked the student if she was going to the protest on Sproul Plaza, and when the victim answered “no,” the suspect yelled at her.

“People like you are the reason that California is in debt,” he said, according to the crime alert.

The suspect then allegedly threw a full aluminum water bottle at the victim’s face. The victim then called UCPD and refused medical treatment for the bruise on her cheek. UCPD officers responded to the scene and checked the area, but could not locate the suspect.

The suspect was described as a white or Hispanic male in his early 20s, wearing a brown and green knit cap with earflaps and strings, a black coat and dark pants.
- Buck Brannaman

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Makes sense-- her lack of revolutionary consciousness caused him to litter and to not recycle.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

White or Hispanic male, early 20s, knit cap. Easy to pick out on a college campus.

The litter angle gave me a chuckle.
- Buck Brannaman

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:

That pepper spray was probably nearing it's expiration date, and not using it would have been a misuse of public funds-- that is clearly.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

For Bay Area protestors-- help is here!

http://www.bug-a-lugz.com/what.php

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

For those who have photoshop skilllllllz -

"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Strap a baby with a gas mask to his chest.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:

I stand corrected and seeing as you're a longtime IGx'er and I actually know you, I should have given you the benefit of doubt.

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

I continue to be amazed at how cops are continually blind to the ramifications of having 60 cameras pointed at them. You'd think that at least the guys under 40 would understand how the internet works.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

You said it brah, the prevalence of recording devices and social media is changing society faster than the power structure can accommodate. People worry about the government turning its cameras on them, but the government should be just as worried. You cannot hide in the digital media age.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

PC Polar Circle Person
Sgt. Major

Post by PC Polar Circle Person »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:

I stand corrected and seeing as you're a longtime IGx'er and I actually know you, I should have given you the benefit of doubt.
IGx is often tricky like that.