The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Re: The couch thread

Post by TerryB »

Oh, I forgot. He does have some achievements: he reportedly has done workouts so intense, so hush-hush, so secret, so tactical, that he cannot publicize them for fear that someone will try them and injure themselves. I'm not sure how that is different than every other Crossfit workout, but....
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

I actually envy Glassman:

- He is worshipped like an ancient god.

- He is making a fuckload of money.

- He is getting more pussy than a thousand cocks could fuck.

- He is partying like there was no tomorrow.

- And he is laughing at all of us and our little invectives.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

SubClaw wrote:I actually envy Glassman:

- He is worshipped like an ancient god.

- He is making a fuckload of money.

- He is getting more pussy than a thousand cocks could fuck.

- He is partying like there was no tomorrow.

- And he is laughing at all of us and our little invectives.
Indeed. We've admitted, almost to a man, that we'd gladly sit down for a few pints with Couch. Otis can't cobble together a coherent paragraph, but the man prints money.

Props on the avatar. I assume that most cats are homosexual, but yours looks cool. Did he bite the shit out of you, or did you train him to soft-mouth like a retriever?

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Oh, I forgot. He does have some achievements: he reportedly has done workouts so intense, so hush-hush, so secret, so tactical, that he cannot publicize them for fear that someone will try them and injure themselves. I'm not sure how that is different than every other Crossfit workout, but...
No, proto, this was JOHN DAVIES THE RENEGADE TRAINER whom had such EXTREME WORKOUTS THAT HE COULDN'T BEAR TO REVEAL THEM TO THE WORLD AND HURT PEOPLE.

The you saw his "Skywalker's Blues" review on DragonDoor, I think:

"bunch of old, skinny fat skaters jumping around and giving each other high fives"

kreator

Post by kreator »

Ya'll better beware! The Sport of Fitness has arrived, in a nice convenient mass-produced package.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAu-ftOM3C8[/youtube]
Last edited by kreator on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Gin Master wrote:Props on the avatar. I assume that most cats are homosexual, but yours looks cool. Did he bite the shit out of you, or did you train him to soft-mouth like a retriever?
He's a mean motherfucker with strange mood swings. Sometimes I think he is kind of bipolar.

Maybe I should have called him Rant.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

protobuilder wrote:
Frogster wrote:Serious question, what are Glassman athletic achievements? a quick recap would be much appreciated.
Quick Recap: none
He would be fairly decent in a drinking contest for such a small guy, I imagine.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

kreator wrote:Ya'll better beware! The Sport of Fitness has arrived, in a nice convenient mass-produced package.

Oh god damn.

Reminds me of the villains executing their well coordinated attack in any Bruckheimer movie.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Anyone want to start a pool to see when the first tattoo of that "Delta" logo shows up on one of the cultists ?
Tantum validus superstes

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

I thought this was too fitting for @F, from a Gray Cook article:
http://functionalmovement.com/articles/ ... 3_function
We cannot prove this exercise will improve the way you move. It has not been shown to make you more functional. It has not been proven to create better performance or metabolism. It is simply the result of your trainer’s creativity and a surplus of time and equipment. It is an unscientific attempt to reduce your boredom with your current training program. This combination of equipment and movement is a way to entertain you and will distract from the objective tangible results you may not be getting. Please do not try this at home—we have no way to charge you for it.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

kreator wrote:Ya'll better beware! The Sport of Fitness has arrived, in a nice convenient mass-produced package.

What hath Couch wrought!
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

In case you missed this baby squatter like dumbassity in the men's fashion thread, for your head scratch of the week...

Reebok never is appropriate either when front squating your kid or throwing them into a pool for a new modal domain
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:

What hath Couch wrought!
The cracks are starting to show.
Any affliate owners worried that Reebok is going to come in and put a big bad ass box in next door to your box? They say they want to have 150 Reebok CrossFit boxes by the end of 2012. Is CrossFit going to do anything to protect us lil guys? I pay my 2k a year, signed a 3yr lease and have 9 and close to 100 members to take care of. I'd hate to lose what we have built cause the Reebok Giant with all their $'s come in and take over.

2012 will be the year of the affiliate revolt when they all realize just how badly HQBok is going to fuck them. Couch doesn't care. "I already got yo money!"
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

The cream will rise to the top!

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

WildGorillaMan wrote:
DrDonkeyLove wrote:

What hath Couch wrought!
The cracks are starting to show.
Any affliate owners worried that Reebok is going to come in and put a big bad ass box in next door to your box? They say they want to have 150 Reebok CrossFit boxes by the end of 2012. Is CrossFit going to do anything to protect us lil guys? I pay my 2k a year, signed a 3yr lease and have 9 and close to 100 members to take care of. I'd hate to lose what we have built cause the Reebok Giant with all their $'s come in and take over.
Couch strikes me as the type of guy who has trouble holding on to money. If he loses the cultists, he'll be broke in no time.

2012 will be the year of the affiliate revolt when they all realize just how badly HQBok is going to fuck them. Couch doesn't care. "I already got yo money!"
Couch strikes me as the type of guy who can't hold on to money. If he loses the cultists, he'll be broke in no time.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

The Crawdaddy

Post by The Crawdaddy »

protobuilder wrote:The turds will float!
Corrected for truth.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:90% of the people lifting in gyms are doing it on "feel" and what they really "feel" like is being a lazy fuck.
"A good man always knows his limitations..." -- "Dirty" Harry Callahan

Brutal Bajan
Gunny

Post by Brutal Bajan »

From now on, anytime some douche at the gym tells me they do Crossfit, I'm gonna say, "Oh, the Reebok thing? That's cool, I guess."

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

alright, I finally watched the video

I lol'd at the "the sport of fitness has arrived"

I thought when the doors opened, a flood of MRIs and X-rays would fly out

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Sing along:
If you're stupid and you know it tear your hands

Comments are gold as well:
http://crossfitdecatur.com/blog/archives/17558#comments
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Post by Beer Jew »

Is it 2009 again?

The only time I've torn my hands I had 140kg in them, 74 times.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

The last time I tore mine was a set of 10 clapping pull ups at 240 pounds of bodyweight. That was a long time ago.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

sanchezero

Post by sanchezero »

Beer Jew wrote:Is it 2009 again?

The only time I've torn my hands I had 140kg in them, 74 times.
that's a lot of kipping pullups for such a fat fuck.
have you ever been as far as even considered go want to do look more like?

RudyK
Recruit

Post by RudyK »

In regards to Couch's accomplishments

Image =Image...

Not intellectually but pretty much both are worthless physically.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

From Lascek's blog:
Also, I don’t have confirmation on this, but apparently Allison Bishop (AllisonNYC for you CF vets) has allegedly committed to doing a max effort clean and jerk in a bikini if Donny Shankle gets to his fundraising goal
I'd totally do a max effort jerk watching that.

Jonny Canuck
Gunny

Post by Jonny Canuck »

While we were all watching football there was another overpriced, unorganized @fit competition. Check out the facebook page for the OC Throwdown https://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Throw ... 7733136609 and how all the spectators and athletes were complaining about it being a complete shit show. The standard bullshit cult members are also on the board trying to defend the complete amateurism that is to be expected at a @fit event.