Louis Freeh report on Penn State & Sandusky

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Louis Freeh report on Penn State & Sandusky

Post by Protobuilder »

Jay wrote:Rational reactions on twitter by some from the always classy PSU fan base

http://deadspin.com/5928385/i-hope-u-al ... punishment
Integrity remains a central part of PSU nation!
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

THE NCAA IS A BUNCH OF FUCKIN FAGGOT ASS BITCHES THOSE ARE FUCKIN JOES WINS U FUCKIN FUCK BAG ASSHOLE FAGS I HOPE U ALL FUCKIN DIE
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Every #reporter that has covered the #PennState story needs to be shot. You disloyal fuckers.
what did joe paterno do wrong? he coached the football team and didn't snitch
I say fuck the victims. Again.
I dont feel sorry 4 Sandusky boy sex partners they let it happen didnt fight say no or tell. they went back 4 more
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Kraj 2.0
Gunny

Post by Kraj 2.0 »

Central PAers are some of the most backwoods, inbred white trash folks in existence. These responses do not surprise me.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

The words of a wise man are gracious but the lips of a fool will swallow him up.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Jay

Post by Jay »

I find it disgusting that some people are criticizing these sanctions. Even without the rabid anger towards them. It blows my mind

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I always think of this picture when I think of what happened.

The people here who accept it and are ready to move on aren't the ones being interviewed. But they are the ones with their hands on the controls. Erickson's a good guy.
Don’t believe everything you think.

grip junky
Location: Sitting on the can, eating a pork chop, reading the koran.

Post by grip junky »

I do not get why it is ok to take away wins from past players who trained and played their hearts out. Why is it ok to punish the players for choices that the school made.

Jay

Post by Jay »

grip junky wrote:I do not get why it is ok to take away wins from past players who trained and played their hearts out. Why is it ok to punish the players for choices that the school made.
Because sandusky should have been fired in 1998 and wasn't.

It's the same logic as recruiting violations. Why should the entire team be punished over the actions of a few? It's the way it is.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

grip junky wrote:I do not get why it is ok to take away wins from past players who trained and played their hearts out. Why is it ok to punish the players for choices that the school made.
Can you really "take away wins" from the players? I mean, who really gives a shit, and why? They played and bled, they won or lost as up on the score board at the end of the game, shook hands with their opponents, celebrated or commiserated. It's just a database after that.

And the players aren't being punished, in that they aren't being penalized for their actions. What they're getting is collateral damage.

It would have been extraordinarily ugly back in 2001 if they'd come out with the Sandusky stuff. The future would have been completely different. Those wins from 2001 to 2011 were bought with silence, and are all tainted.
Don’t believe everything you think.

clutch

Post by clutch »

Jay wrote:

It's the same logic as recruiting violations. Why should the entire team be punished over the actions of a few? It's the way it is.
Disagree that's the case here.

The actions of the many (unquestioning god worship of JoePed and others) permitted the actions of the few. It's not acceptable to permit a culture of silence to stand by while the leaders abuse the weakest members of the society. Everybody at PSU is culpable. That is why everybody at PSU during this reign of terror should be punished.

See also Hannah Arendt: "The Banality of Evil".

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

potential links between head trauma and pedophilia.

highly speculative, of course.
as an aside, bobw is good on this topic (and others).

also appreciate nafod's reports from happy valley.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Jay

Post by Jay »

BobW wrote:

The actions of the many (unquestioning god worship of JoePed and others) permitted the actions of the few. It's not acceptable to permit a culture of silence to stand by while the leaders abuse the weakest members of the society. Everybody at PSU is culpable. That is why everybody at PSU during this reign of terror should be punished.

We are in agreement wholeheartedly

Jay

Post by Jay »

My point, bob, is the same as yours. Exactly the same.

When a school commits a violation the entire team is punished because someone cheated to win. In this case Sandusky should have been fired and reported to the authorities years ago but wasn't. And as the defensive coordinator, and a well respected one, many kids came to state college because of his reputation and the rep of the defense.

Being that he kept his job despite raping kids means those wins were under a cloud of dishonesty and a cover up. Hence the team gets punished.

Who knows how many blue chip defensive players would have went elsewhere if Sandusky wasn't around.

clutch

Post by clutch »

Jay wrote:We are in agreement wholeheartedly
OK, my bad. Sorry for misreading you, big man.

Topic author
TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

I don't usually read sports reporting, or read in general, but I browsed some articles yesterday and it's shocking how many sports reporters are angry that PSU was punished.

It's like they all live in a football microcosm and nothing happens outside of football, football, football.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Kraj 2.0
Gunny

Post by Kraj 2.0 »

PSU got off easy, as far as I'm concerned.

- $60 million fine? Chump change for a program like that. It's a state school so that's taxpayer money anyway.
- 4 year ban from bowl games? Big effin' deal. So you miss 4 bowl games. They probably wouldn't have even qualified for a bowl game.
- Scholarships cut from 25 to 15? Again, big effin' deal. No blue-chip recruits are going into that mess right now anyway. That team is going to suck even if you doubled their scholarships.
- All wins since '90-whatever wiped out? Seriously? Who gives a crap about that? What does wiping out a win do? Those games have come and gone. Money was made on them. Players have come and gone based on them. It's over. Taking them away does nothing to punish anyone except the guy in the NCAA records office who has to go back through his databases and adjust all this bullshit.

And then to see all those PSU students shocked and crushed at the news? Get back to fuckin' studying, you dopes. You're not at school to watch football games. You're there to earn a degree and move on in life.

The NCAA wussed out. They slapped PSU on the wrist. In my opinion, the JUST punishment should have been NO FOOTBALL whatsoever for a period of years from when Sandusky was first found out (What was that? Late 90's?) until this mess blew its lid. So no football program at all for 13-14 years. THAT'S a proper punishment that would change the culture of PSU football forever. Not this slap on the wrist bullshit.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

Plus, they should shoot one gay student per month for a year

Topic author
TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

BucketHead wrote:Plus, they should shoot one gay student per month for a year
=D> =D> =D>
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw »

Holy shit, I agree with Kraj.
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

grip junky

Post by grip junky »

The only people punished by taking the wins away are the players. Sandusky will die in jail, Paterno lost every thing he was about and is dead. Penn state football is done, I think to never recover.

Jay

Post by Jay »

grip junky wrote:The only people punished by taking the wins away are the players. Sandusky will die in jail, Paterno lost every thing he was about and is dead. Penn state football is done, I think to never recover.
Paterno is dead. Fuck him.

grip junky

Post by grip junky »

BobW wrote:
Jay wrote:

Should the student body be punished in someway? Take away credits, up thier tuition?

grip junky

Post by grip junky »

Jay wrote:
grip junky wrote:The only people punished by taking the wins away are the players. Sandusky will die in jail, Paterno lost every thing he was about and is dead. Penn state football is done, I think to never recover.
Paterno is dead. Fuck him.

I hope he is burning in hell

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Testiclaw wrote:Holy shit, I agree with Kraj.
Me too.