The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

szczepan wrote:Not my point, he mentions a line of demarcation.
Which alleges only PL and WL, and not sprinting or gymnastics, build explosivenss. He's a tard. He has backed off as far as he can go without completley contradicting himself.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

What about plyometrics? Isn't that all about explosiveness? It's not even on the list.

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

4000 hits bitchos

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

I believe that's a record.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

PC Polar Circle Person
Sgt. Major

Post by PC Polar Circle Person »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:I believe that's a record.
Anyone remember the numbers on the Ass Recon drama? And that was multiple threads.

ultracool

Post by ultracool »

I’m sure this has already been covered. Did you see the blog on 1.4.06 where Glassman goes after that Josh Hillis ? (You have to scroll down. )

http://www.crossfit.com/mt-archive2/001021.html

Mr. Glassman isn’t a very nice person. LOL!

Glassman says DD people said:

“…claiming CrossFit to be of limited efficacy…â€
How many Keynesians does it take to replace a lightbulb? 2, 1 to screw it in and another to have broken it in the 1st place.

DikTracy6000
Sgt. Major

Post by DikTracy6000 »

Glassman calling out DD names for being super obese....and very unfit? Is he also saying that Martone has joined up with CF? Good rambling response...IMO.

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

WOW

This guys a complete paraniod skitz. He'll literally say ANYTHING if pushed. As someone who actually knows what happened with Jeff, it had exactly zero to do with Pavel.

I guess Stephen is Troy? I don't know what the deal with that is. I heard Cotter pooped out during a workout up there - only the most deeply defensive insecure fool would insult Cotter's athletic ability.

And picking on Hollis on your own forum - it's like kicking a puppy.

I wonder how long he thinks he can ridicule, "laugh at" and mock every other program that questions his till "intelligent people everywhere" get that he's not wearing any clothes.

szczepan
Gunny

Post by szczepan »

Napoleanic complex possibly ? Here is what we know:

1) The claim of CF producing a 750lb DL is unproven and almost certainly a lie.

2) The subject has said KB lifting is a subset of crossfit even though the use of KBs predates the invention of crossfit by at least 100 years.

3) Strangely the subject felt qualified to attack the fitness and athleticism of a man who has competed at the national level in 4 different sports, at least 3 of them supposedly fall within the scope of Glassman's "expertise".

4) The subject also felt qualified to attack the military performance of a USAF special operator, though Glassman himself claims no military experience. I suspect that Glassman's respect for the military and LEO communities results from his desire to market within those circles rather than vice-versa.

5) The subject quickly turns on his own trainers when they don't tow the line( eg Hillis,Fireman Tom)

Draw your own conclusions.

DikTracy6000
Sgt. Major

Post by DikTracy6000 »

bill fox wrote:WOW

This guys a complete paraniod skitz. He'll literally say ANYTHING if pushed. As someone who actually knows what happened with Jeff, it had exactly zero to do with Pavel.

I guess Stephen is Troy? I don't know what the deal with that is. I heard Cotter pooped out during a workout up there - only the most deeply defensive insecure fool would insult Cotter's athletic ability.

And picking on Hollis on your own forum - it's like kicking a puppy.

I wonder how long he thinks he can ridicule, "laugh at" and mock every other program that questions his till "intelligent people everywhere" get that he's not wearing any clothes.
Can't believe the feminists on CF haven't called him on the "even the girls beat those scores" when referencing the DD guys.

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

I think you missed something - no one calls him on anything lest they get the "Hollisized".

The guys who "addressed" my post "explained" what the 1/7 post meant, stated that they liked KBs and talked about load...but no one called Coach on anything.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

bill fox wrote:I think you missed something - no one calls him on anything lest they get the "Hollisized".

The guys who "addressed" my post "explained" what the 1/7 post meant, stated that they liked KBs and talked about load...but no one called Coach on anything.
Check out the CF blog again.

http://www.crossfit.com/mt-archive2/001021.html

Looks like Glassman has had a visitor. Scroll to the bottom.

BB2/75
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

ultracool

Post by ultracool »

Oh man, that’s funny as hell. Really well said, too.
How many Keynesians does it take to replace a lightbulb? 2, 1 to screw it in and another to have broken it in the 1st place.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

ultracool wrote:Oh man, that’s funny as hell. Really well said, too.
The guy that wrote that must be one good looking dude. I bet he's getting massive pootang.

JMO

BB2/75
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

szczepan
Gunny

Post by szczepan »

Nice cult you have here coach.

I would suggest that you not take it so easy on Josh Hill. If it was me, I'd revoke his CF cert, and boot his clown ass out of the club. Too bad the NY Jew reporter isn't a CF member. You could threaten her with STFU treatment and then revoke her CF cert.That would show her!

This would never have happened if you had implemented some decent screening procedures before allowing these people to give you $1,600 + for your weekend cert. BTW- I'm thinking of charging $3,900.00 for my next cert, Farmer Burn tractor pulling It's going to be the best 2 hours of their lives!

As an internet guru myself, I have to compliment you on your excellent police work. I myself have way too many paying members to keep track of their ramblings on other forums. That must be one hell of a network you have set up. I wish I had that many sycophants willing to troll the fitness forum so that I can crack the whip and keep the little ATMs in line.

Nice chating with you.

Your fan,

Matt "ape like traps" Furey

PS-When does the CF business book come out? How the hell knew you were a Business guru also? Amazing!

Posted by: Matt Furey at January 14, 2006 12:31 PM

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Nice cult you have here coach.

I would suggest that you not take it so easy on Josh Hill. If it was me, I'd revoke his CF cert, and boot his clown ass out of the club. Too bad the NY Jew reporter isn't a CF member. You could threaten her with STFU treatment and then revoke her CF cert.That would show her!

This would never have happened if you had implemented some decent screening procedures before allowing these people to give you $1,600 + for your weekend cert. BTW- I'm thinking of charging $3,900.00 for my next cert, Farmer Burn tractor pulling It's going to be the best 2 hours of their lives!

As an internet guru myself, I have to compliment you on your excellent police work. I myself have way too many paying members to keep track of their ramblings on other forums. That must be one hell of a network you have set up. I wish I had that many sycophants willing to troll the fitness forum so that I can crack the whip and keep the little ATMs in line.

Nice chating with you.

Your fan,

Matt "ape like traps" Furey

PS-When does the CF business book come out? How the hell knew you were a Business guru also? Amazing!

Posted by: Matt Furey at January 14, 2006 12:31 PM
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

FWIW, I'd be happy to even out Glassjaw's limp. As a service.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

couch wrote:...Stephen still has a 30 minute Fran...
bill fox wrote:I guess Stephen is Troy.
I can't imagine who else he could mean, but I've never done Fran. I had to look it up to see what it was. I remember posting a "Diane" on CF:

21-15-9 reps for time:
deadlift 225lbs
handstand push-ups

Where I substitued 2 two poods on military press for the hand stand pushups, and hadn't DL'd in at least nine months. It did take 20 something minutes. Those were 141 lb. military presses starting from the chest, so I wasn't exactly embarrased (I did break up the sets). It was also over two years ago, I believe.

Somebody's lying, misremembering, been lied to, or got the wrong guy.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

BTW, here's the apparent offending thread from Josh:
http://forum.dragondoor.com/training/message/376497%5C

Hard to believe this is what passes for offensive over there, but there it is.

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

I can't see that post on the CF blog. I'm assuming it's already deleted.

It's funny, Donnie Thompson and Mike Bartley were destroyed at the RKC during the group workout and somehow no one interpreted it to mean they weren't great athletes. I guess since CFers DL, and DL is a sub set of PL, ipso facto PL is a sub set of CF. Since RKCers are lesser athletes then CFers then Coach should really be able to make fun of Donnie. Donnie should go to the cert so Coach can pity him like he does Josh and help him with his muscle up. Maybe Donnie could play wall ball with him after.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

bill fox wrote:It's funny, Donnie Thompson and Mike Bartley were destroyed at the RKC during the group workout and somehow no one interpreted it to mean they weren't great athletes.
Based on his "What is Fitness" or "What is CrossFit," whatever the first journal was, I suspect Glassman would draw that exact conclusion: They aren't. He said as much in his blog where he says Jack Reape is an "incredibly weak performer."

It's nonsense of course. He'd have a point if his folks were elite in sports outside of CF itself, but that either hasn't happenned or happens only when they were elite athletes pre-CF anyway. The timeline for that being true is getting pretty long, too...

He had a clever turn of phrase with you a while back, "We do your stuff almost as well as you do, you don't do our stuff very well at all, and we beat you in things neither of us do." Not an exact quote but close. It sounds pretty good until you actually think about it. Show me a guy who does something "almost as well" as a sport-specific athlete, and I'll show you a loser in competition. You may have a better mile time and Olympic snatch than him, but he's not showing up to those competitions and you aren't winning them, either. The milers and weightlifters are.

Now, there's a lot to be said for that kind of fitness, where you're pretty much decent at everything. I've said it a hundred times when they got huffy. I think it's totally cool until you start bashing the fitness of the people who actually "compete" in "sports" and "win" (interestingly, the really strong CF'ers do no bashing, AFAIK).

BTW, note that Couch's blog posts pre-date this IG thread, so this appears to have come out of nowhere.

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

That's why this thread was a real turning point in my outlook. I've always been very measured when talking about CF - they have some great athletes, some smart guys etc...talking about how the WOD makes it very motivating and so on - while pointing out problems I percieved. Like the one that started this thread.

But Glassman is really delusional - he really thinks CF is like GOD. It is that it is. Insult CF and get a Jihad.

szczepan
Gunny

Post by szczepan »

Glassman is either a fraud, an idiot, or both.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

szczepan wrote:Glassman is either a fraud, an idiot, or both.
Both!

I bet those secret workouts that he won't release to the general CF population is eating doughnuts and drinking Jim Bean.

The guy's a fucktard.

Anything fitness related that is cloaked in mystery, has secret fomulas, and is run by a coach that works out in secret is complete Bullshit.

BB2/75

szczepan
Gunny

Post by szczepan »

I was going to start CF but my knee hurts. :-({|=