RKC Masters and Seniors: Predictions on who stays who goes

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Paradoxes of Defense
Private

RKC Masters and Seniors: Predictions on who stays who goes

Post by Paradoxes of Defense »

Here's my best guesses:

Dan John: Pretty much declared already he's with Pavel. No surprises there.

Mark Reifkind: Has already made it clear he's going with Pavel.

Mark Toomey: Can't believe he'd leave, esp. given his corporate position with Ddoor.

Andrea DuCane: Her staying seems a no brainer; in fact, she might be my bet for next Chief instructor (assuming they pick another one, which I think they probably will).

Geoff Neupert: I'm betting on him staying

David Whitley: Hard to say for sure, but he's gotten weirder lately, he's heavily invested in the company as his identity, CKFMS, primal move, etc. And I don't think he'd want to give up his Master status, esp since he might be in line to be new chief, or at least part of a new oligarchy, so I'll bet he stays.

Doug Nepodal: Will probably stay, I guess.

Jon Engum: I bet will stay, don't really know or care though.

Brett Jones and Gray Cook: No way they're leaving behind CKFMS, esp. with that having become such a big part of ddoor/rkc.

Peter Lakatos: Primal move is his thing, and brand new. No way he's walking away from that.

Jeff O'Connor: Staying. Very involved with Brett Jones.

Most of the others I think will stay, but I think a lot of the rank and file RKCs will leave.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: RKC Masters and Seniors: Predictions on who stays who go

Post by Turdacious »

Paradoxes of Defense wrote:David Whitley: Hard to say for sure, but he's gotten weirder lately, he's heavily invested in the company as his identity, CKFMS, primal move, etc. And I don't think he'd want to give up his Master status, esp since he might be in line to be new chief, or at least part of a new oligarchy, so I'll bet he stays.
That's a tough one-- not sure either side can afford to feed him.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Danny John
Gunny

Post by Danny John »

Really, I "declared" something? My God, what do you people know of me?

Shaf, come visit me this weekend and we will give the rough outlines here.

Pavel is, and remains, one of the great influences of my life. It would have been fun to have him work with Coach Maughan...wow, I could have been good.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Danny John wrote:Really, I "declared" something? My God, what do you people know of me?
LOL

Kind of sensitive for a big guy.

davidc
Sgt. Major

Post by davidc »

DD's KB credentials evaporate when Pavel leaves. It has less credibility than WKC without VF.

Danny John
Gunny

Post by Danny John »

Nah, it's not sensitive. Imagine if you saw your decisions discussed on a forum. Question one: really? Question Two: are there some episodes of "Soap" to watch on TV tonight? I like the ones with Diane/Diana C.

So, I poke fun. I apologize. It's pretty easy to figure out what I am going to do. I'm going to die.

It's the timing that I am working on.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Danny John wrote:Nah, it's not sensitive. Imagine if you saw your decisions discussed on a forum. Question one: really? Question Two: are there some episodes of "Soap" to watch on TV tonight? I like the ones with Diane/Diana C.

So, I poke fun. I apologize. It's pretty easy to figure out what I am going to do. I'm going to die.

I keed I keed.

The conversation just shows how popular you are around here.

Danny John
Gunny

Post by Danny John »

Hugs for everyone!

I figured that. Just keep in mind what an odd transition this is for me. Perhaps we can chat in more honesty in an email or whatever. You can guess what this is like.

I'm looking forward to seeing what fakedanjohn on twitter is going to say about this.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Danny John wrote:Really, I "declared" something? My God, what do you people know of me?
I read about your declaration over here: http://irongarmx.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=222051. It's a fairly well-known and reputable website so it must be true.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Danny John
Gunny

Post by Danny John »

Ha! I showed this to the whole family. Double thumbs up and whatever. That's funny.

Seriously, thank you. I needed that.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Turdacious wrote:
Paradoxes of Defense wrote:David Whitley: Hard to say for sure, but he's gotten weirder lately, he's heavily invested in the company as his identity, CKFMS, primal move, etc. And I don't think he'd want to give up his Master status, esp since he might be in line to be new chief, or at least part of a new oligarchy, so I'll bet he stays.

Buffet Rambler must Ramble!!!!
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

FRKCTL
Sergeant Commanding

Post by FRKCTL »

it's not so much a matter of who will go but who would pavel take. why he would take any of the master instructors is beyond me.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Turdacious wrote:

I wonder if the Golden Coral has Wifi access? Whitley could do a podcast from a special booth with plus size models serving food and standing in as dancers. Kind of a Man Show for even fatter fucks than th original demographic.

I can hear the podcast lead in now: Whitley's Hour of Power! Brought to you by, the Golden Coral and Huskey's Big and Tall, the only place to shop when you tip the scales at 300lbs!
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Topic author
Paradoxes of Defense
Private

Post by Paradoxes of Defense »

Danny John wrote:Nah, it's not sensitive. Imagine if you saw your decisions discussed on a forum. Question one: really? Question Two: are there some episodes of "Soap" to watch on TV tonight? I like the ones with Diane/Diana C.

Apologies Dan. No offense was meant. I clearly misinterpreted your comments elsewhere on the internet. Did not mean anything by this thread really, just idle speculation about what will happen next. In retrospect, should not have posted. I'm hoping the timing will be quite a long ways in the future!

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

And I thought fantasy football overdid it on the gay.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Paradoxes of Defense wrote:Here's my best guesses:

Mark Toomey: Can't believe he'd leave, esp. given his corporate position with Ddoor.

Andrea DuCane: Her staying seems a no brainer; in fact, she might be my bet for next Chief instructor (assuming they pick another one, which I think they probably will).

David Whitley: Hard to say for sure, but he's gotten weirder lately, he's heavily invested in the company as his identity, CKFMS, primal move, etc. And I don't think he'd want to give up his Master status, esp since he might be in line to be new chief, or at least part of a new oligarchy, so I'll bet he stays.

Brett Jones and Gray Cook: No way they're leaving behind CKFMS, esp. with that having become such a big part of ddoor/rkc.

Peter Lakatos: Primal move is his thing, and brand new. No way he's walking away from that.

Most of the others I think will stay, but I think a lot of the rank and file RKCs will leave.
It is with pride that I can declare not having heard the names of half of the people you mention.

Dux
Sgt. Major

Post by Dux »

High Velocity Lie-Nap! wrote:
It is with pride that I can declare not having heard the names of half of the people you mention.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt "

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Gin Master wrote:And I thought fantasy football overdid it on the gay.
I thought I was alone in this cold and brutal universe in my opinion of fantasy football being the gayest concept in sports outside of Olympic men's paired diving.

Gav
Sgt. Major

Post by Gav »

Gin Master wrote:And I thought fantasy football overdid it on the gay.
I thought I was alone in this cold and brutal universe in my opinion of fantasy football being the gayest concept in sports outside of Olympic men's paired diving.
Now, if they did Olympic bellyflopping you'd be well in there. I can just see you on the platform with the star spangled banners waving and a deafening chant of 'chest greasy', 'chest greasy'.
davidc wrote:I've found standing on my head to be particularly useful

Gav
Sgt. Major

Post by Gav »

BTW, an increased amount of guests are lurking since the Pavel drama started. It was obviously.
davidc wrote:I've found standing on my head to be particularly useful

FRKCTL
Sergeant Commanding

Post by FRKCTL »

Batboy2/75 wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Turdacious wrote:

I wonder if the Golden Coral has Wifi access? Whitley could do a podcast from a special booth with plus size models serving food and standing in as dancers. Kind of a Man Show for even fatter fucks than th original demographic.

I can hear the podcast lead in now: Whitley's Hour of Power! Brought to you by, the Golden Coral and Huskey's Big and Tall, the only place to shop when you tip the scales at 300lbs!
Epic Meal Time: HARDSTYLE!

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Thought Dave was downsizing? Yeah, we can catch up this weekend Dan, but fitness gossip and speculation might be low on the list on interesting topics...then again, maybe not

Danny John
Gunny

Post by Danny John »

Very low, Shaf.
I'm actually pretty fired up about the workshop as it will be the first time I give it to non military folks.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

Whitley is not a person I would want in charge. Too petty.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Paradoxes of Defense wrote:Here's my best guesses:

Ditto.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy