Dragon Door/RKC (RIP)

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

HorizonMan
Sarge

Re: Dragon Door/RKC (RIP)

Post by HorizonMan »

Cayenne wrote:
mtman1 wrote:If you look on the DD Forum Pavel has been banned. Interesting.

How can you tell ? I'm not doubting you, just curious where that is made public.
If you look at a post Pavel made, it says Banned under his name.

Nice after JDC's statement implying that everyone is parting on good terms...

It was sad for me to hear they were passing RKCs just for showing up. They certainly make it sound like it's tough and not everyone passes.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Passing everyone = more money for them.

T E M P O
Staff Sergeant

Post by T E M P O »

They have banned him indeed!
Last edited by T E M P O on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

cleaner464
Sgt. Major

Post by cleaner464 »

Turdacious wrote:
cleaner464 wrote:Eat only when hungry.

Stop when you get full.

Chew every mouthful 20-30 times.

Put down the fork or the food when chewing.

What I've told everyone I know who wanted to lose weight for years.

This isn't as big an original innovation as ~S~ is trying to make it seem.
Stop your heretical. Bask in his accomplishments DAMMIT.
Holy shit! That piece makes makes this guy look humble - http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2006/10/19/ ... er-speaks/
“Attached hereto is a copy of Mr. Trump’s birth certificate, demonstrating that he is the son of Fred Trump, not an orangutan,”

Paradoxes of Defense
Private

Post by Paradoxes of Defense »

The bit about everyone passing is BS. I saw people fail. Some passed on video retake later, but some (people I know) did not. Some failed because they couldn't meet standards like the pullup or snatch test, others got dinged for crappy technique or lack of teaching ability.

The Nightman

Post by The Nightman »

Paradoxes of Defense wrote:The bit about everyone passing is BS. I saw people fail. Some passed on video retake later, but some (people I know) did not. Some failed because they couldn't meet standards like the pullup or snatch test, others got dinged for crappy technique or lack of teaching ability.
I saw it on multiple occasions, if they could do the snatch test they passed. This was before the pull up standard.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

Apparently Reifkind has now referred to JDC as a fascist on the instructor forum. Should be an interesting RKC this weekend in San Diego!

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

So there's an opening?

Friedo for Senior RKC!!!!!
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Ryan
Sgt. Major

Post by Ryan »

They removed Pavel as a user. You can't even search for any of his posts now. Ridiculous.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

Cayenne

Post by Cayenne »

Unless in some way Pavel was in a position to "order" his posts removed, (which I can't see how that would be the case,) complimenting Pavel on the one hand, saying it is a loss, acknowledging with pride their mutual accomplishments, etc., (i.e., "taking the high road,") while, at the same time, making thousands of posts inaccessible, makes JDC like an uber-hypocrite, IMO.

During major business transitions especially, wouldn't one want to do everything possible to make the customer base feel warm & cozy? Pavel's history is that he doesn't sling even a drop of mud, so really not much danger that he'd post some nasty stuff. Why not just leave the posts up ? Good will and all that. John, bad move. IMO you should reconsider and make up some lie about the "banning" being a technical glitch related to re-shuffling administrative access or some such BS. :rolleyes:

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

Ladies and gentlemen,

I have been working on setting up the organization which will pursue my vision of RKC. It will be several weeks before I have more details. Please note that I did not start working on plan B until last week when it became obvious that a mutually agreeable resolution between John Du Cane and myself was not in the cards. Thank you for your patience.

Meanwhile I can tell you that this organization will follow the RKC curriculum, keep the same Masters, Seniors, and Team Leaders (you), and recognize the RKC, RKC2, and CK-FMS diplomas issued through the Philadelphia cert of October 2012. The recognition will be extended to the RKC diplomas issued between this October and next July, provided the courses follow the current RKC curriculum and standards and are taught by Masters, Seniors, and Team Leaders which currently have these designations. Please notify the RKC community.

Power to us!

Pavel

Pavel Tsatsouline
Chief RKC Instructor
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

An article please, comrade!
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

I've been told that Pavel's first post that started all this was not vetted through JDC first. My buddy said that this is very out of the ordinary for Pavel, so something must have really pissed him off.

HorizonMan
Sarge

Post by HorizonMan »

From JDC -
You know, I’m sure it comes as no surprise that I felt somewhat blindsided by Pavel’s post to the RKC Forum, as he posted his announcement without my prior knowledge or agreement. As far as I was concerned, Pavel and I had been in the middle of private conversations regarding the future of the RKC, without any final agreement on how we both intended to proceed. And I was very sorry that he decided to pursue his own direction and leave RKC behind. But that is, at the end of the day, his choice. Nonetheless, the Forum should be used as a resource devoted to the benefit of the entire RKC community and any conversations between Pavel and myself should remain private. For this reason, we have limited his access to our forums to the status of Guest. I hope you understand.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Whose got PT's email address? We need to invite his uber-classy-bad-self. Shit, he can keep this stupid ass forum and be the moderator and fucking keep our motherfucking asses from cursing like goddamned douchebags for all I care. It would be a shining IGx moment, if not THE shining IGx moment!

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

TomFurman wrote:Ladies and gentlemen,

I have been working on setting up the organization which will pursue my vision of RKC. It will be several weeks before I have more details. Please note that I did not start working on plan B until last week when it became obvious that a mutually agreeable resolution between John Du Cane and myself was not in the cards. Thank you for your patience.

Meanwhile I can tell you that this organization will follow the RKC curriculum, keep the same Masters, Seniors, and Team Leaders (you), and recognize the RKC, RKC2, and CK-FMS diplomas issued through the Philadelphia cert of October 2012. The recognition will be extended to the RKC diplomas issued between this October and next July, provided the courses follow the current RKC curriculum and standards and are taught by Masters, Seniors, and Team Leaders which currently have these designations. Please notify the RKC community.

Power to us!

Pavel

Pavel Tsatsouline
Chief RKC Instructor
ZOINKS!

Shaggy's in the house with his trademark, post-n-run strategy!

SHAGTASTICAL!!!!

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

So Pavel wants to create another gay "system" and pyramid scheme? Super.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Herv100 wrote:So Pavel wants to create another gay "system" and pyramid scheme? Super.
The new system will be a much simpler triangle scheme. While Americans are busy distracting themselves with the unnecessary third dimension of pyramids, Russians have been getting hot and manly for centuries by focusing only on two dimensions.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Pinky wrote:
Herv100 wrote:So Pavel wants to create another gay "system" and pyramid scheme? Super.
The new system will be a much simpler triangle scheme. While Americans are busy distracting themselves with the unnecessary third dimension of pyramids, Russians have been getting hot and manly for centuries by focusing only on two dimensions.
=D> =D> =D>
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

WAS TOTALLY WRONG ABOUT HIS, RKC IS PROSPERING, STRONGFIST IS LOSING PEOPLE LEFT AND RIGHT, REPORTEDLY BECAUSE OF NON PROFIT SHARING BY HERR COMRADE IN CHEEF

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:WAS TOTALLY WRONG ABOUT HIS, RKC IS PROSPERING, STRONGFIST IS LOSING PEOPLE LEFT AND RIGHT, REPORTEDLY BECAUSE OF NON PROFIT SHARING BY HERR COMRADE IN CHEEF
Means that being a good businessman is more profitable than being a "guru". More money in selling fitness than in knowing anything about it.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

climber511 wrote:
Shafpocalypse Now wrote:WAS TOTALLY WRONG ABOUT HIS, RKC IS PROSPERING, STRONGFIST IS LOSING PEOPLE LEFT AND RIGHT, REPORTEDLY BECAUSE OF NON PROFIT SHARING BY HERR COMRADE IN CHEEF
Means that being a good businessman is more profitable than being a "guru". More money in selling fitness than in knowing anything about it.
I'm trying to explain that to my son. He wants to get in the game so I told him to get a business degree. He can hire the Ex. Phys. people for minimum wage.
Tantum validus superstes

Hanglow Joe
Gunny

Post by Hanglow Joe »

DD diversified. I'm not a body weight exercise guy, but they've found a niche. The forum is a ghost town. Over at SFG, it's the same 5 questions.

What's profit sharing? It's a pyramid scheme basically.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Profit sharing is probably the wrong term, I was looking for "paying your people whom are doing the work what they are worth instead of hoarding all the $$ for yourself"

Hanglow Joe
Gunny

Post by Hanglow Joe »

I wonder how the market is for tattoo removal. Lots of SFG tattoos, lots of fall out.

If you're going to get your cert there, know you're an indentured servant until the cert expires