RKC Masters and Seniors: Predictions on who stays who goes

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Re: RKC Masters and Seniors: Predictions on who stays who go

Post by Herv100 »

It has to be a relief for the ones leaving to not have to be perpetual liars anymore regarding the Paul Wade thing. LULZ at having to tow the company line on that horseshit.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Cayenne wrote:
powerlifter54 wrote:i hope this is a time when Pavel uses his reputation and name to unapologetically teach what works with a large portion of programming not just some lifts that can marginalized a bit. it will not be very commercial, and my guess is Easy Strength is very close to the direction he should go.

jmo
Jack, could you please elaborate? i.e., "...what works with a large portion of programming...(?) ...not just some lifts that can be marginalized a bit...(?) "

Thanks.

With an amazingly small number of exceptions, almost everybody i have ever trained with, talked too, or coached knew absolutely nothing about how to program workouts in a single, multiple, or career training cycle. i am no expert, well actually since i have seen few who can simply explain how to do it across various training modalities, i probably am. What good is it to learn Oly, PL, SM, pose running, striking, etc.,then not to know how to deliver your best chance of winning to the field, pitch, or platform? Programming is simple, but not easy and takes both discipline and knowing your own body. i think DJ, Pavel, Cressey, and Simmons/Wendler get it. But most people ignore what they say and fall in love with exercises not the undulating periodization, patience, and critical thinking that uses the exercises but doesn't feature a magic one.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Balaganov
Gunny

Post by Balaganov »

mtman1
Corporal

Post by mtman1 »

The biggest question is who ends up with Amanda Salas.

http://amandasalas.com/wp-content/uploa ... ikini2.jpg
Would you rather learn from Steve or Rif? Plus how many RKCs actually live in their cars and bathe in streams and shit?

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

mtman1 wrote:The biggest question is who ends up with Amanda Salas.

http://amandasalas.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Bikini2.jpg
IGX?

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

Holy shit, this is still going?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Suddenly I'm interested.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

rjudo
Gunny

Post by rjudo »

Fat Cat wrote:Image

Suddenly I'm interested.

Indeed.
food is medicine. that's why i'm drinking dr. pepper.

Topic author
Paradoxes of Defense
Private

Post by Paradoxes of Defense »

JDC mentioned in passing, buried in the fine print of a facebook post, that Brett Jones is the "acting chief instructor". No announcement of that though on the forum as of yet. Interesting, and not surprising, given the direction they've been going in the past few years.

mtman1
Corporal

Post by mtman1 »

He's the acting Chief at that cert. I saw that post too. Did you see how John pointed out subtly in another post that more people are attending a cert in Philly without Pavel than one St. Paul with Pavel. Childish/passive/aggressive.
Would you rather learn from Steve or Rif? Plus how many RKCs actually live in their cars and bathe in streams and shit?

Topic author
Paradoxes of Defense
Private

Post by Paradoxes of Defense »

mtman1 wrote:He's the acting Chief at that cert. I saw that post too. Did you see how John pointed out subtly in another post that more people are attending a cert in Philly without Pavel than one St. Paul with Pavel. Childish/passive/aggressive.
Good point. Although I thought that part was more JDC trying to appear subtle, while figuratively screaming at the top of his lungs...