The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Did I mention that Glassman may be a crossdresser?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

Do I hear 10k bitchos?
"my body stayin' vicious, I be up in the gym, just workin' on my fitness"

Fergie

DikTracy6000
Sgt. Major

Post by DikTracy6000 »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Fat Cat wrote:Why the sudden flurry?
Somebody probably linked to it on T-Nation or similar, or back-channel moonie conspiracies are being discussed.

Ideally, this thread will pop up early on a "CrossFit" google search within a few days.
Why doesn't somebody cross link it to a crossdresser site...really up the count? I don't remember any off-hand.

Garm
Sgt. Major

Post by Garm »

Whosonfirst wrote:Why doesn't somebody cross link it to a crossdresser site...really up the count? I don't remember any off-hand.
The official IG default cross-link site is, was, and always will be:

http://www.ouchytheclown.com/

My SIG can beat up your SIG.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Couch is losing control, the tinfoil hats are slipping:

http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/3499/18709.html

Coach is always contrarian....also tends to overreact.

These personal attacks by coach make him look like Napolean. Dan John's integrity is not the one in question.

Of all possible ways for coach to send a message to DJ, the one he chose had to be the least appropriate.

Straighten those idiots out, Greg!
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

I was gonna post a Crossfit criticism here, but I've never 'done' 'Fran' so I must keep the criticisms to myself.

"Someone who can't do Thrusters or Pullups shouldn't be criticizing CrossFit, anyways."

I can do pullups fine. Still pretty good at 'thrusters', though I don't get to do them as much as when we first got married.
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

I talked to a couple CF "community" type higher ups today, non tin foil hat wearers, and suffice to say I think calling Dan John "a coward" is going to be the last straw for some. No matter how much you like the workouts you gotta think twice about being tied to Glassman. For some reason it's percieved as even worse then calling me a dumbass - go figure.

I keep thinking of Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now wearing a Pukie t-shirt.

Fergie

Renegade Doughboy
Gunny

Post by Renegade Doughboy »

bill fox wrote:I keep thinking of Marlon Brando...
LOL.

Renegade Doughboy
Gunny

bill fox wrote:I talked to a couple CF "community" type higher ups today, non tin foil hat wearers, and suffice to say I think calling Dan John "a coward" is going to be the last straw for some.
This reminds me of you advising SRKC's during the great DD-IG war of the worlds.

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

I wasn't advising anyone, just leanin' back and takin' it all in with a big ole' smile.

Fergie

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

RD, I think you were wrong to call Bill a butterfly.

It has become apparent to me that he is the "coal mine canary" of fitness.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

bill fox wrote:I talked to a couple CF "community" type higher ups today, non tin foil hat wearers, and suffice to say I think calling Dan John "a coward" is going to be the last straw for some.
The higher ups are all cool people. Couch better be careful or it's going to be him and Tyler all by their lonesomes, while Robb and others start CrossFitt(tm) and make bagloads of $$$$.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Renegade Doughboy
Gunny

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
The higher ups are all cool people. Couch better be careful or it's going to be him and Tyler all by their lonesomes, while Robb and others start CrossFitt(tm) and make bagloads of $$$$.
Higher Ups? Is there some sort of Star Chamber over there controlling it all?

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

What the hell are the 'higher ups'? Seems to me that if such a hierarchy exists from which all true knowledges are disseminated, that ought to be a crimson flag of sorts.
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

Matching thoughts with the Doughy one ought to cause concern as well...

Renegade Doughboy
Gunny

Schlegel wrote:RD, I think you were wrong to call Bill a butterfly.

It has become apparent to me that he is the "coal mine canary" of fitness.
I think the lesson here is that when Bill gets gung-ho about your program is the time to get worried. Unless you can make it through the week and he moves on to his next victim. He's like a serial training program killer with butterfly tendencies all wrapped up in narcissistic self-admiration.

Anyone remember the scene in Dumb and Dumber where Harry, as a ski bunny in spandex walks by, says, "Would you look at the ass on that one?" and Lloyd, referring to her male companion, says, "Yeah, he must work out." That's Bill.

Renegade Doughboy
Gunny

elrodjr wrote:Matching thoughts with the Doughy one ought to cause concern as well...
It means you are perceptive and wise in the way of Troy.

He is name-dropping without dropping names.

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

By "higher ups" I mean the same thing as let's say SRKCs, certified people currently, and by currently I mean as of yesterday but maybe not tomorrow, part of the CF team.

I'm not trying to be "cool" but I'm not going to "out" people if they decide to go a different way then how they feel today. I'm sure LOT'S of CFers, affiliates and whatnot were on the phone today going "what the fuck was that? He called Dan John a coward??"

Fergie

Renegade Doughboy
Gunny

bill fox wrote:By "higher ups" I mean the same thing as let's say SRKCs, certified people currently, and by currently I mean as of yesterday but maybe not tomorrow, part of the CF team.

I'm not trying to be "cool" but I'm not going to "out" people if they decide to go a different way then how they feel today. I'm sure LOT'S of CFers, affiliates and whatnot were on the phone today going "what the fuck was that? He called Dan John a coward??"
Bill,

Remember, you started this shit storm.

RDB

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Renegade Doughboy wrote:Remember, you started this shit storm.
The Renegade is correct. NFW would Couch have gone that ballistic if not for the clusterfuck a week earlier.

Renegade Doughboy
Gunny

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Renegade Doughboy wrote:Remember, you started this shit storm.
The Renegade is correct. NFW would Couch have gone that ballistic if not for the clusterfuck a week earlier.
Yeah, Bill called him fat and stuff, too.

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

Pizza Boy

While I have readily admitted to flitting over the last couple years I have still never said anything bad about KBs or Pavel. I believe this whole CF thing started because I called out Glassman on an anti KB post.

I've certainly had it out with Sonnon but never gave up hope till he posted the "world San Shou" thing. And I've never dissed CBs as GPP for grappling.

I may have induged in some fitness whoring the last couple years but I've always been last in line to trash those I've bedded.

Bill

Fergie

Renegade Doughboy
Gunny

bill fox wrote:By "higher ups" I mean the same thing as let's say SRKCs, certified people currently, and by currently I mean as of yesterday but maybe not tomorrow, part of the CF team.

As a final point to this post, anyone who gets on the phone with anyone else about stupid unimportant shit posted on the internet needs to get a life.

Perspective, comrades. Ask J@ck. He knows all about it.

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

I did call him fat. But I didn't make fun of "Gangster limp" like that maeny Hollis did.

By calling DJ a "coward" he has simply ended any confusion that existed after 40,000 combined hits here and at T-mag.

Fergie