The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

HOLY FUCK MOLY

"I also think the cover for this dirty business is to pay struggling fitness celebrities with good reputations paltry sums to share their works. Much like Hamas builds hospitals"

So TC's a bad guy for "throwing molotov cocktails" at CF but "Coach" can compare him to Hamas.

I also LOVE the selective interpretation and censoring of what constitues a "defense" of DJ v. a simple testimonial of his character. In PA if you have never been convicted of a crime you have what is called "good character". This alone is enough to raise a reasonable doubt and get you off. So, silly me, I think 20+ posts attesting to the accused's good character IS CLEARLY a defense of his actions and was deleted for exactly that reason.

Dig a hole.
"my body stayin' vicious, I be up in the gym, just workin' on my fitness"

Fergie

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

JOHN WALSH
Username: jpwalshy

Post Number: 423

Yikes!! Is it me or are we having a core meltdown here?

He is so banned.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

bill fox wrote: HOLY FUCK MOLY...Dig a hole.
Way to tacitly approve of my antisemitism, Foxenstein.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Hagbard
Sgt. Major

Post by Hagbard »

Is there a fitness site called Vanguard or does he hate mutual funds too?
?

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Don't know, but you can rate posts like we used to do at DD. Give Couch some 1's, he'll go insane.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

szczepan
Gunny

Post by szczepan »

and still no 750# DL. couch is a fucking joke, pathetic.

Hagbard
Sgt. Major

Post by Hagbard »

coach szczepan wrote:and still no 750# DL. couch is a fucking joke, pathetic.
Comrade Couch Szczepan, I think you misspelled 'couch' in your title.

HTH
?

szczepan
Gunny

Post by szczepan »

What do you lurking Cultfitters think of you Coach's attacks on Dan John and his comparison of T-Nation to Hamas ?

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Who/what the fuck is Hamas?

szczepan
Gunny

Post by szczepan »

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Couch is a nut job.

Ross Hunt
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ross Hunt »

Mickey O'neil wrote:Who/what the fuck is Hamas?
You were joking here, right?

They do have CNN in North Carolina, don't they? :-s
xalepa ta kala
Mike The Bear wrote:
I'm like a hummingbird on meth.

Gaara Gryphon
Gunny

Post by Gaara Gryphon »

Cooch Glassman is a complete nut. How can anyone take him seriously?

On the other hand, it's been a while since we've seen such a complete online meltdown. He ranks up there with Gene. =D> =D> =D>
Mendokusai...

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Ross, I don't watch the news or read the paper. I get all of my news updates from IGx.

Maza
Gunny

Post by Maza »

Ross Hunt wrote:
Mickey O'neil wrote:Who/what the fuck is Hamas?
You were joking here, right?

They do have CNN in North Carolina, don't they? :-s
Ross,
You defended dragondoor, t-nation and Dan John from Glassman's reprehensibly slanderous remarks on the CrossFit forum, yet you tellingly refrained from uttering a single word in defense of IronGarm. Justify this incomprehensibly offensive behavior to us now or face excommunication from our cult.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

We is indefensible.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Ross Hunt
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ross Hunt »

Mickey,

It must be a crazy world...

Actually, I don't read the paper or watch TV, either.

Maza,

LOL!

I gave y'all a subtle shout-out:
Ross Hunt wrote: Now it seems that each of the principle S+C communities in the circles in which we all move - Dragondoor, CrossFit, Testosterone Nation, and other communities - is devoted more to the criticism and even the vilification of the other communities than to providing a forum in which individuals can educate themselves about fitness.
Of course, Irongarm was ALWAYS devoted to the criticism and vilification of other communities... but it used to be funnier, heavier on the humorous cross-posting and lambasting of particular goofballs and lighter on the anti-cult and clawhammer.

But what IGx does is not the biggest deal in the world... nobody should come here expecting a terribly civil standard of discourse. O:)
xalepa ta kala
Mike The Bear wrote:
I'm like a hummingbird on meth.

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

I just read the Couch Rant. Holy fuck. He really is over the edge and gone. Toys in the attic.

GDG!
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

[quote="Maza You defended dragondoor, t-nation and Dan John from Glassman's reprehensibly slanderous remarks on the CrossFit forum, yet you tellingly refrained from uttering a single word in defense of IronGarm. Justify this incomprehensibly offensive behavior to us now or face excommunication from our cult.[/quote]

Reading that while concentrating on the 'kitty avatar' makes this post extremely hilarious.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

I see Glassman is still digging that giant fucking hole he's been in for the last three weeks.

If he's too busy to do the WOD, what the hell is he doing fucking around on the internet all day?

BB2/75
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Ross Hunt wrote: But what IGx does is not the biggest deal in the world... nobody should come here expecting a terribly civil standard of discourse. O:)
But they can probably expect a standard of terrible discourse.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

I've been rereading the NYT article. This is the nexus of Glassmans PR problems.

Just imagine, Galssman was probably stoked that he was going to get some big time press about CF. It must have felt like a kick in the nuts when the article came out and truthfully told how CF is a cultish club of wing nuts & Glassmans a short, dumpy, weak ass fucker who doesn't do the WOD.

It's a true "The Emperor Has No Clothes" moments. I'm sure there was group of sane people over at CF that had some reservations about "De Fuhrer" and then the NYT article comfirmed their darkest fears, Glassman is a guru nut job.

This is the reason Glassman's striking out and writing 3 page internet attacks. He was going for the brass ring. He probably had his nation wide infomercial, book tour, his appearance on Oprah, & 25 DVD set planned out in his mind. Then this damn NYT bitch torpeedos his grand plans.

BB2/75
Last edited by Batboy2/75 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Cayenne

Post by Cayenne »

Reading Glassman's posts makes me think that Pavel's style of dealing with controversy, ie; a very brief statement with no follow up or ignoring it all together, is the way to go.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Pavel is like Jesus compared to Glassjaw.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

You guys have set a new standard of wit, satire, and instigation by sending Couch HBAGlassman in to Loonyville.

Well done.

Carry on!
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex