Crystal Deodorants

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Crystal Deodorants

Post by buckethead »

Pinky wrote:But is there any evidence that the aluminum compounds in "natural" antiperspirants are absorbed into the bloodstream at a lower rate than the aluminum in the products they aim to replace?
Maybe we're looking at two different ideas. I thought the shitty aluminum compound clogged pores causing more stink in the long run.

This product does very good at keeping the stink away.

If aluminum poisoning was your whole line of questioning, I have no idea.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

BucketHead wrote:
Pinky wrote:But is there any evidence that the aluminum compounds in "natural" antiperspirants are absorbed into the bloodstream at a lower rate than the aluminum in the products they aim to replace?
Maybe we're looking at two different ideas. I thought the shitty aluminum compound clogged pores causing more stink in the long run.

This product does very good at keeping the stink away.

If aluminum poisoning was your whole line of questioning, I have no idea.
We were definitely thinking about different things. Based on Dr. DL's (and Howard Stern's) mention of dryness, I thought these were simply a "better" pore clogger.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Now if you just put a crystal deodorant thing in a Nutribullet shake, you would be stink free, head to toe, from the inside out.

The Nightman

Post by The Nightman »

Danny wrote:I do have a good sense of humor, but thanks!

I'm looking forward to trying this stuff; I just ordered some online yesterday, along with some of the body spray; that way when I leave the gym, and head to lunch, I smell halfway decent! I read that the stick is rough, and can scrape/irritate your armpits; has anyone here noticed that? So, if you don't wipe your armpits dry with your towel, after getting out of the shower, is the wetness that's there, enough? or, do you have to wet the top of the stick too??

I'll post my thoughts after trying it.
The one we have is smooth.

D66

Post by D66 »

Update, FWIW....I bought a few different brands of 'natural', and non-aluminum deo's. The Crystal Stick worked as stated; after intense Judo/kettlebell workouts etc, my underarm stinch was either neutral/non-existant, or very minimal. I also bought some of their (Crystal) deo spray; the Granite Rain scent. as far as odor control, it seems to work just as well as the solid stick. The scent of this one is a little weird...but gets better after its been on you for a while. There are other scents, so this would be a good choice if you wanted some kind of smell to it.

The only other one I found that works pretty good is the Burts Bees, mens deo stick. I'll have to see how it does when summer gets here, but so far, after intense workouts, it does a good job of odor control. The problem with this one is the $$, it's $7.99, and it's quite soft, so it would be easier to over use it, so it could end up being quite expensive.

As others have stated, to simply get away from aluminum based deo's, the Crystal stick seems to be the winner. It keeps the odor away, or very minimal, and is easy to use, has no residue of any kind.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Crystal deodorants contain aluminum. They just contain a different aluminum compound.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."