Margaret Thatcher dead

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Gav
Sgt. Major

Re: Margaret Thatcher dead

Post by Gav »

Having spent more or less half my life in England/Italy, MT reminds me of Berlusconi. Everyone seemingly hated them both but they always got voted. Having said that a night out with Silvio would definitely be more fun than a night out with Maggie.
davidc wrote:I've found standing on my head to be particularly useful

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Gav wrote:Having spent more or less half my life in England/Italy, MT reminds me of Berlusconi. Everyone seemingly hated them both but they always got voted. Having said that a night out with Silvio would definitely be more fun than a night out with Maggie.
I dunno. It would seem that Andy would disagree with you.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

Gav wrote:Having spent more or less half my life in England/Italy, MT reminds me of Berlusconi. Everyone seemingly hated them both but they always got voted. Having said that a night out with Silvio would definitely be more fun than a night out with Maggie.
Gav, you ain't the only Limey who dunno. They're all over there partying and celebrating Maggie is Dead!! like a nation of stupid motherfuckers. Are they crazy?
Is it because she was riddled with Herpes or what?
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Don't really understand the liberal outrage over Thatcher-- she broke the glass ceiling and, in effect, was the greatest supporter of clean energy of any western leader (coal is bad right?).
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

is this a poll?
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

protobuilder wrote:is this a poll?
She was English.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

RIP Queen of England
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

cleaner464
Sgt. Major

Post by cleaner464 »

Turdacious wrote:
cleaner464 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxcP7TRY178[/youtube]
Post what you will.

I work for THE English bank and most of the Brits who didn't grow up up in London hate her.

Intensely.
“Attached hereto is a copy of Mr. Trump’s birth certificate, demonstrating that he is the son of Fred Trump, not an orangutan,”

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

This is terrible news.

Who is the new Queen now? That Kate Middleton gal?

JamesonBushmill
Staff Sergeant

Post by JamesonBushmill »

protobuilder wrote:This is terrible news.

i thought it was Elton John.
Females who wear heels emulate the gait patterns of wounded and/or compromised prey and thus inspire males to heights of predatorial chasse-a-tude. - Robb Wolf

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

JamesonBushmill wrote:

He's a Knight. A Knight can't be Queen. They'd have to amend their Constitution to allow that sort of thing.

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

cleaner464 wrote:
Turdacious wrote:
Post what you will.

I work for THE English bank and most of the Brits who didn't grow up up in London hate her.

Intensely.
Cleaner. Aren't you ashamed for working for the Limey bankers? Did Maggie take you off the dole like all of those other free loadin' Brits?
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

odin
Sgt. Major

Post by odin »

Andy79 wrote:
cleaner464 wrote:
Turdacious wrote:
Post what you will.

Intensely.
Cleaner. Aren't you ashamed for working for the Limey bankers? Did Maggie take you off the dole like all of those other free loadin' Brits?

Her policies destroyed the working heritage of entire communities without any kind of alternative plan to get these people - the people she should have been representing - back into work. The massive jobless under-class we have to suffer now is a direct result of Thatcherism. The huge north/south divide was made worse by Thatcherism. Pitching this as a right v left, worker v free-loader thing is the sort of half-baked bullshit the Daily Mail comes out with. It hoodwinks clueless fuckwitts trying desperately to cement their place in middle England but has fuck all credibility with anyone else.

As for taking people off the dole, Thatcher ushered in rates of unemplyment double that of the previous labour government. So where does this notion come from??
Don't try too hard, don't not try too hard

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

Odin. She saved the country. Without her you'd speaking Russian and chopping wood in Siberia.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

JamesonBushmill wrote:

No. There can only be one.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0[/youtube]
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

odin
Sgt. Major

Post by odin »

Andy79 wrote:Odin. She saved the country. Without her you'd speaking Russian and chopping wood in Siberia.

go on fella, expand on that if you will....

Her death has been interesting for me, at least in reviewing what was going on in the country I was born into and looking at how her policies still shape the way we live. On balance, I stand by my initial assessment that she was a cunt, but this is for domestic policy and - imo - an apparently unforgiveabley harsh attitude towards huge swathes of the working class population. It all boils down to how you see the function of the state of course, but I personally think it should provide a framework for the vast majority of its people to prosper independently. In this regard some of her ideas were OK, but the execution was suck.

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

Odie. She busted the unions. Took lefties like yourself off the dole and saved your miserable country from being annexed to the Soviet Union and complete collapse. You should be goddamn glad. Now stop your brainwashed Marxist talk, kick back and enjoy what you got.

Bob Wildes

Post by Bob Wildes »

Odin did you see the Green Street Hooligans?
"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

I know how to make her hot. :finga:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33pA31c2cfs

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

odin
Sgt. Major

Post by odin »

Andy79 wrote:Odie. She busted the unions. Took lefties like yourself off the dole and saved your miserable country from being annexed to the Soviet Union and complete collapse. You should be goddamn glad. Now stop your brainwashed Marxist talk, kick back and enjoy what you got.

Again, unemployment went up under her leadership. And the unions pretty much busted themselves. And I've never voted for a left wing party in my life but don't let evidence get in the way of a convenient view-point. Proof that old age doesn't always bring wisdom.

odin
Sgt. Major

Post by odin »

Bob Wildes wrote:Odin did you see the Green Street Hooligans?

Do you mean the film about footy violence? Yeah I think I saw it a few years back. Why??

Bob Wildes

Post by Bob Wildes »

odin wrote:
Bob Wildes wrote:Odin did you see the Green Street Hooligans?

Do you mean the film about footy violence? Yeah I think I saw it a few years back. Why??

I enjoyed it, but didn't take it seriously.

Later when I saw the riots from the young Brits over some austerity measure it reminded me of that
movie.

Just curious if you identified with any of the characters in that flick and if so, which one?
"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."

odin
Sgt. Major

Post by odin »

ha ha, I honestly didn't commit any of them to memory, and may be confusing it with a few other films in the same genre so not sure. I've never participated in footy violence and can't really see the point of it so probably wouldn't identify with any of them. I once got caught in the middle of some running punch ups at Leeds train station but managed to avoid getting involved. If this past weekend is anything to go by though hooliganism is making a comeback. If interested search for Newcastle V sunderland or Millwall V Wigan. They are generally a bunch of sub-human fucktards though, so don't get overly into the romance of it all. They would be better off venting their anger at something worth while, although that admittedly requires thought.

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

odin wrote:
Andy79 wrote:Odie. She busted the unions. Took lefties like yourself off the dole and saved your miserable country from being annexed to the Soviet Union and complete collapse. You should be goddamn glad. Now stop your brainwashed Marxist talk, kick back and enjoy what you got.

Again, unemployment went up under her leadership. And the unions pretty much busted themselves. And I've never voted for a left wing party in my life but don't let evidence get in the way of a convenient view-point. Proof that old age doesn't always bring wisdom.
Well young brainwashed idiots like yourself aren't at all smart either.
Unemployment would naturally go up during a period privatization and getting rid of deadwood government employees. Guess is that your job is public sector.

odin
Sgt. Major

Post by odin »

brainwashed? Explain who is brainwashing me??

Yes, I am a fire-fighter so public sector for now. I am hoping we get privatised along Danish/Swedish lines in the next decade, I see this as a positive step. Any other insights?