UFC 162

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
milosz

UFC 162

Post by milosz »

Anderson Silva done fucked up.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Re: UFC 162

Post by Damien »

Is that a spoiler?
If so, fuck you, I'm just about to start streaming.
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
Now look. I've eaten a pice of pie.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Put a spoiler alert in the header.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien »

SPOILER:

yeah it was a spoiler. Disappointing title fight and a totally deserved win for Weidman.
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
Now look. I've eaten a pice of pie.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.

Thatcher II

Post by Thatcher II »

Beyond disappointed. Silva stuffed the majority of takedown attempts, fucked with Weidman's head and looked very much in control. Weidman stuck to his task and deserved the win. But you'd have to look at Silva's bullshit and lack of respect as the reason he lost.

Rogan creaming his pants was nauseating.

Hope there's a rematch soon and Silva returns order to the universe.
It's great to be first at last

Topic author
milosz

Post by milosz »

I didn't put the spoiler in the title to protect the downloaders and recorders.
OTOH, once an event's outcome is on every MMA website out there and ESPN, I'm not sure the concept of a spoiler applies.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Sometimes sportive arts breed an arrogance after success and a contempt for one;s opponents because in the end, you'll only lose, get an angry nap and a headache.

He deserved to lose like that.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Interesting combination that led to his getting clipped by the hook.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

milosz wrote:I didn't put the spoiler in the title to protect the downloaders and recorders.
OTOH, once an event's outcome is on every MMA website out there and ESPN, I'm not sure the concept of a spoiler applies.
I don't even follow this crap but knew what happened before I clicked on this thread.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

About time somebody clipped this turkeys feathers. Now if we can just end the dull reign of King Georges I...

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

Jackson's Martial Arts seemed to have fighter prep down to an incredible science. Tim Kennedy defending Roger Gracie on the ground and then controlling is indeed impressive. Going to the ground with Roger would seem to be a sealed fate. Kennedy's training left him very prepped for this and exposed the limited dimension of Roger in MMA vs BJJ, where is he is the best of the best.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Topic author
milosz

Post by milosz »

Gracie looked incredibly slow and not in a way that seemed correctable.

Holy Cow

Post by Holy Cow »

Anybody got a link to Silva's full fight?

Topic author
milosz

Post by milosz »

Should still be up, since China gives zero fucks about copyright.

Holy Cow

Post by Holy Cow »

Many thanks, amigo.

Thatcher II

Post by Thatcher II »

Watched it again. Can't shake the feeling that Silva subconsciously wanted to lose. He paused his walk out a few times. He looked nervous. His corner looked nervous. His corner said fuck all to him after round 1. He looked messed up emotionally. Weidman was nervous as fuck once Silva stuffed a few takedowns and started clowning. I admire that Weidman stuck to it. But Weidman won't last long as champion. Something fucked happened there.

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

Gorbachev wrote:Watched it again. Can't shake the feeling that Silva subconsciously wanted to lose. He paused his walk out a few times. He looked nervous. His corner looked nervous. His corner said fuck all to him after round 1. He looked messed up emotionally. Weidman was nervous as fuck once Silva stuffed a few takedowns and started clowning. I admire that Weidman stuck to it. But Weidman won't last long as champion. Something fucked happened there.
Yeah.
Silva's skill level is light years past Weidman. He just clowned and Weidman kept working.
Many fighters will blow through Weidman.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

LOL. Weidman dominated every aspect of the fight. Anderson could land nothing but leg kicks, while Weidman was landing more shots even when Anderson was clowning doing his Roy Jones Jr/jr high punk act. And he behaved the same way in other fights, like Griffen and Maia, so the whole "he wanted to lose" is out the window. Of course Weidman would have also taken him down more as the fight went on. And Silva is not "light years ahead" of Weidman, considering Weidman has better submission grappling credentials and is a multiple time wrestling D1 All American(a higher athletic achievement than a UFC title, sorry)

Oddsmakers in Vegas, and the majority of other pro fighters, will favor Weidman in the rematch for a reason. Silva's only chance of ever beating Weidman is a Hail Mary flying knee

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Oh, and that was Weidmans first fight in about a year. LOL

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Gorbachev wrote:Weidman was nervous as fuck once Silva stuffed a few takedowns and started clowning.
"I felt in control," Weidman said. "He was doing all that stuff, but in my mind, I'm just laughing. I’m like, 'Bro, I’m winning the fight. I’m punching you right now and you're standing there with your hands on your hips. You can do that all day if you want.' It got to the point where I figured, I’m going to get in this guy's face, and put my hands on him, and that's what I did."
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Topic author
milosz

Post by milosz »

I think the significant strikes number was just about even until the last combo that knocked him out, even with Silva clowning. It didn't look like Weidman could keep him on the ground and win that way - in a rematch, I'd still put money on Silva.

I can't see them waiting six months for a rematch - that's another long layoff for Weidman after the full year layoff.

Thatcher II

Post by Thatcher II »

Yes, proto, Weidman said it so let's believe that.

Look back again. He was not doing damage. His takedowns were stuffed. His cornerman's hand was shaking as he gave him water after round one. "Punch a hole in his chest". Yeah right. Silva was taken down and was not marked. He was putting in leg kicks, jabs and avoiding getting hit. He pushed it too far and got clipped. Idiocy. And subconsciously what he wanted. Started saying right away that he would not fight again for the belt. That he would spend time with his family. If the result really mattered to Silva he'd have won. Whole thing was fucked. Fucked.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Gorbachev wrote:Look back again. He was not doing damage. His takedowns were stuffed.

Looks painful to me.
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

It's anyone's chance, it;s a fight after all. But it looks like weidman was doing pretty good, so one can make all the excuses they want out of Spider love but I think if it went to the ground again,Weidman will dominate.

Remember, if no one is knocked out, it goes to the judges and they count how many hits land. He was getting nailed there.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Thatcher II

Post by Thatcher II »

Fuck this thread. Smells of SHIT.