Evil Dead

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Evil Dead

Post by Dunn »

It was gory with some nice homages to the original. At times it felt like they were not clear on whether or not they wanted to make it scary or funny. Overall a fun flick with some creep factor. Not sad I went.

dingleberry
Manpussy Apprentice

Re: Evil Dead

Post by dingleberry »

The original is one of my favorites. This new one started out trying to be serious but as Dunn said changed its mind and became over the top and funny. Lots of gore and ridiculousness. On giant plus was it was an hour and a half just like a movie should be.

I'm not sorry I went either and look forward to the remake of Army of Darkness.
nafod wrote:I do find I am spending more and more time in the bathroom in the morning, just staring at myself and wondering if I am pretty.

snatch grip
Gunny

Post by snatch grip »

Just watched it and though I still kind of hate it for trying to remake a cult classic into a fairly straight up modern horror...thinking about it without referencing the context of the original, it stood up pretty well on it's own. not bad.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 »

I love the original and think Evil Dead 2 is one of the finest movies ever made.

This movie is still excellent but in a pure gore comedy kind of way. Not LOLOLOLOLOL funny like Evil Dead 2 but definitely worth seeing if horror is your thing.

Unless you have a natural remake bias then just skip it. I'm over that now. Just figured all stagings of theater are remakes, cover songs and shit so WTF. If one is good here and there it is good.