Good article on DDP

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bud Charniga's grape ape

Good article on DDP

Post by Bud Charniga's grape ape »

http://deadspin.com/can-diamond-dallas- ... -793015043

Mostly about how he's trying to help some other pro wrestlers. May be old news to some, but I thought it was interesting.
Page has a knack for bringing people under his influence. Linda is actually Brittany's biological mother, but she allowed Page to legally adopt both of her daughters in the mid-'90s, and she and Page have since raised the girls as friends. Linda now works for Page, and eagerly adheres to the dieting (no gluten, no genetically modified foods) and exercise (DDP Yoga) regimens that he has laid out for her. Andrew first met Page at a WrestleCon in New Jersey, where he made it clear that he was looking for work. He has been living with and working for Page ever since, and he claims to have never felt this healthy or this good about himself before. Ted befriended Page in a gym 10 years ago and was featured in an early iteration of Page's yoga DVD and book. The two have stayed in touch all these years, and Ted credits Page's workout regimen for his sharp mind and his Jack LaLanne-esque physique. The house is full of these kinds of stories, in fact.

"He enjoys helping people, and it's valid," Scott Hall tells me. "He gets high off helping people."

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Re: Good article on DDP

Post by Mickey O'neil »

DDP seems like a hell of a guy. I really, really like his dvds.

Drew0786
Staff Sergeant

Post by Drew0786 »

Agree DDP sounds like one of the good guys taking in Jake the Snake and Scott Hall and helping them rebuild their lives.
Take care and please.....................stay safe.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Mickey O'neil wrote:DDP seems like a hell of a guy. I really, really like his dvds.
Yep.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

I wonder what it's like to date him.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 »

I haven't heard it yet but Stone Cold (great podcast if you are unaware) just put up a new show with Scott Hall as the guest today.

http://www.podcastone.com/program?actio ... gramID=436

The Nightman

Post by The Nightman »

Drew0786 wrote:Agree DDP sounds like one of the good guys taking in Jake the Snake and Scott Hall and helping them rebuild their lives.
A couple former pro wrestlers I know say he's a really good guy.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 »

I saw him give Disco Inferno a talking to once at the Powerhouse Gym in Tempe for creatine rage/starting shit with the local bodybuilders. That seemed nice.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

A guy I knows said DDP helped change his tire on the side of the road.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

protobuilder wrote:A guy I knows said DDP helped change his tire on the side of the road.
Haha!

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 »

Stone Cold has a new 2 part podcast with DDP up now...listened to it yesterday. Part 2 covers a lot of the yoga stuff.

I didn't listen yet but Austin also just put up a part 2 to his Scott Hall podcast.

It's a pretty excellent podcast overall.

Also at least once every couple episodes Stone Cold will ask the guest about some guy "eating his ass out" while he intends to say "chewing his ass out" which is always LOL (imo the "chewing" variant needs to fall from use as well).

http://www.podcastone.com/program?actio ... gramID=436

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 »

--HBO Real Sports has a segment with Frank Deford on DDP, Jake Roberts and Scott Hall at 9 p.m. Tuesday night. The show also airs 8/20 at 3:10 a.m., 8/22 at 8 a.m. and 5:15 p.m., 8/25 at 9 a.m, 8/28 at 1 p.m. and 10 p.m., 9/3 at 7 p.m. and 2:55 a.m. and 9/7 at 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 a.m. It will also be available on HBO on Demand from 8/26 to 9/16.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Saw on Facebook he's working with Lex Luger now. DDP is the fucking savior for old busted ass wrestlers.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 »

Luger far more physically fucked than Hall or Jake the Snake. That's a challenge and a half.