Newbie Introductions

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Newbie Introductions

Post by tough old man »

Have got to improve. How about telling us what you bring to the table and are able to contribute?
Fuck the last couple sucked balls.
Lenny I will give a pass to because of his excellent first post on the depression thread, but the rest has been complete crap. The calibre of some of the people here amazes me still so tell us why you want to be here with guys like PL54, T200, Shaf, Kaz, BD, Furman and to many others to list.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

Master_Blaster
Staff Sergeant

Re: Newbie Introductions

Post by Master_Blaster »

tough old man wrote:Have got to improve. How about telling us what you bring to the table and are able to contribute?
Lenny I will give a pass to because of his excellent first post on the depression thread, but the rest has been complete crap. The calibre of some of the people here amazes me still so tell us why you want to be here with guys like PL54, T200, Shaf, Kaz, BD, Furman and to many others to list.

"The calibre of people here amaze me"

Are you fucking kidding me? Stop and take a look at where you're at. I'll give you a pass because you've been here since christ was a mess cook.
Those Shoreline idiots read IGX like the Satanic Bible

-Shaf

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

So we can fuck with you. :finga:

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Master_Blaster wrote:
tough old man wrote:Have got to improve. How about telling us what you bring to the table and are able to contribute?

Are you fucking kidding me? Stop and take a look at where you're at. I'll give you a pass because you've been here since christ was a mess cook.
Hey, Shaf has thought about maybe writing a book some day so that's a bit out of line.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Master_Blaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Master_Blaster »

DARTH wrote:So we can fuck with you. :finga:

I would expect nothing less <<<<q

-Shaf

Master_Blaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Master_Blaster »

DARTH wrote:So we can fuck with you. :finga:

I would expect nothing less <<<<q

-Shaf

Master_Blaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Master_Blaster »

Terry B. wrote:
Master_Blaster wrote:

Hey, Shaf has thought about maybe writing a book some day so that's a bit out of line.

As long as the Foreward is written by Couch, the Big women thread and Highlights from the couch thread is included I'll buy it. Anything other than satire and you are shitting yourselves.

-Shaf

Thatcher II

Post by Thatcher II »

Lenny I will give a pass to because of his excellent first post on the depression thread, but the rest has been complete crap. The calibre of some of the people here amazes me still so tell us why you want to be here with guys like Gorbachev, PL54, T200, Shaf, Kaz, BD, Furman and to many others to list.
Fixed.
It's great to be first at last

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

It isn`t that hard to contribute:I just woke up and voila!
Attachments
3845561648_dedd068b34.jpg
3845561648_dedd068b34.jpg (81.83 KiB) Viewed 5099 times
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Yorkie
Corporal

Post by Yorkie »

I bring fuck all to the table, I'm just here to leach of your knowledge.

Plus I thought the first post was just a haze and a place to take shit. It's not even a thread to return to after you post. Or at least over the last couple Of years that's what is has become.

Maybe it needs a first post in the log with training background etc ?

Thatcher II

Post by Thatcher II »

Yorkie wrote:Maybe it needs a first post in the log with training background, acute medical conditions, obesity stats etc ?
Fixed.
It's great to be first at last

Yorkie
Corporal

Post by Yorkie »

Wel it burns when I piss! But that Thai girl told me that was normal

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Rant got internet service at home. Goody.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

tough old man wrote:Lenny I will give a pass to because of his excellent first post on the depression thread, but the rest has been complete crap.
Newbie introductions are always terrible. People should stop introducing themselves until they do something interesting enough to be asked who they are. An introduction from Lenny would now mean something. Random introductions from people who will likely never write anything anyone cares to respond to are pointless.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Got to disagree with you bother. I like making the Pleb, Prospect, Rush what the fuckever, stand in the door at the party and say who the fuck he is:whether it's his real name and personality or not, in this place.

So we can fuck with them.

:axe: It has got rid of newbies before, ones that probably had no fucking business :Hangman: being here.

WELCOME TO THUNDER DOME, BITCHES! :finga:

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Yorkie
Corporal

Post by Yorkie »

Turdacious wrote:Rant got internet service at home. Goody.
Whose turn is it, to be accused of being rant this week ?

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

All newbies are assumed to be Rant until proven otherwise. (Yes, a breathalyzer result counts as proof.)
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Yorkie
Corporal

Post by Yorkie »

Pinky wrote:All newbies are assumed to be Rant until proven otherwise. (Yes, a breathalyzer result counts as proof.)
Is rant still drunk and prattling on about men's fashion ? That was my last visit to his blog

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

The hazing isn't that bad... When the poor fuckstick proves he's a good sport, most everybody is cool with him. And like DARTH said, teh one's who can't hack it leave, and that's fine.
Yorkie wrote:
Pinky wrote:All newbies are assumed to be Rant until proven otherwise. (Yes, a breathalyzer result counts as proof.)
Is rant still drunk and prattling on about men's fashion ? That was my last visit to his blog
Yorkie you're out of your element.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Yorkie wrote:
His writing really varies based on how often he takes his meds.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Yorkie
Corporal

Post by Yorkie »

Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:The hazing isn't that bad... When the poor fuckstick proves he's a good sport, most everybody is cool with him. And like DARTH said, teh one's who can't hack it leave, and that's fine.
Yorkie wrote:

Yep I'm probably am, but I'm ok with lowering my standards so I can hang out with you.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Yorkie wrote:
Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:The hazing isn't that bad... When the poor fuckstick proves he's a good sport, most everybody is cool with him. And like DARTH said, teh one's who can't hack it leave, and that's fine.
Yorkie wrote:

Yep I'm probably am, but I'm ok with lowering my standards so I can hang out with you.
That's the spirit!

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Turdacious wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
His writing really varies based on how often he takes his meds.

"Meds" being a broad terms that includes Jameson.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Pinky wrote:
tough old man wrote:Lenny I will give a pass to because of his excellent first post on the depression thread, but the rest has been complete crap.
Newbie introductions are always terrible...Random introductions from people who will likely never write anything anyone cares to respond to are pointless.
All I get out of them is the fact that someone new is on the board (bring your checkbook?), and an opportunity for some comic riffing.

We chased off an Air Force pilot some years ago, so it does serve its purpose every now and then.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Bud Charniga's grape ape

Post by Bud Charniga's grape ape »

The introduction wasn't so bad. I got a nice camping trip out of it!