The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

.... or at least Paul.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

They moved the thread after the money quote by Shafley:

Accusing Dan of cowardice:

"I understand whoring, kind of, what I don't understand is cowardice. Sad display of values, Dan."

Pretty clear to me.

Deriding Dan's coaching experience:

"Dan’s significant contributions to this community were for most of our leadership related to his charisma, charm, and humor and the values that he so openly claims and not his technical understanding of movement or his coaching prowess."

This is almost "disengenius" to use one of your favorite words. On one hand you use "significant contributions" and with the other you insult his coaching and teaching experience. Once again, pretty clear to me.

Regarding the challenge: Back out of what? Just like you, I don't recognize any other event other than my own "special" one that for which I am sure to be fully prepared. You love to throw that one out...like nobody suspects that a Crossfit trainer isn't especially good at Crossfit workouts. Don't worry, I don't plan on being around Santa Cruz anytime soon, your girls won't get a chance to humiliate me with a WOD.

And let's get this straight. I am not defending TC Luoma. I am not defending T-mag. I am not insulting the Crossfit methods and workouts, nor their use by soldiers or LEOs. If anything is being questioned, it's you and your penchant for flying off the handle and then blustering through and pretending you were never wrong. Arrogance and social ineptitude is what it seems like. This was illustrated in the exchange you had with young Josh earlier as well.

I agree with you, we sure have learned a lot. I'll be sure to add a big 5 stars to your last post, I appreciate you mentioning that board feature so often. If intellectual dishonesty is a core value for you, and one you wish to bring to the Crossfit community, then we are right on target.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

szczepan
Gunny

Post by szczepan »

Shafley ran circles around couch. Maybe we can get him to start posting here.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

coach szczepan wrote:Shafley ran circles around couch. Maybe we can get him to start posting here.
Yeah, that guy is kewl and would be a good couch, too.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

Notice how more and more of the Xfitters were obviously disturbed by "coach's" raving antics? That's why the blog messages and the thread had to go. His people must not be corrupted by the words of subhuman degenerates.

Or anything that reminds him of T-mag.

I guess he'll never eat a "Big T" burger again.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

You fucking queers.

The Evil Future Mutant
Gunny

Post by The Evil Future Mutant »

What flavor is the Kool Aid?

Probably fruity.

It took me two days to read this thread.

I couldn't stop reading... like rubber necking at a traffic accident.
"To attribute obesity to 'overeating,' " as the Harvard nutritionist Jean Mayer suggested back in 1968, "is as meaningful as to account for alcoholism by ascribing it to 'overdrinking.' "

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

Indeed, an internet flameout crash-and-burn is always fascinating to watch, and this is one of the best.

Locomotive jumps the tracks, comes tumbling in slo-mo...

GDG!
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Shaf wrote:You fucking queers.
That's why you're here.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

A new couch glassman thread has popped up on T-nation. Man they screwed up the PR after the NYT article.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Cayenne

Post by Cayenne »

Link ?

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

I got to meet Gags.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

So has anyone found where Couch made that claim about Xfit vs. bodybuilding?

GDG!

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

Jack,

Your post was classic. Nicely done.
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

GDG

It's item 1.6 in the FAQ section

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/faq.html#19

It's not just some thing Couch said in passing.

Bill
"my body stayin' vicious, I be up in the gym, just workin' on my fitness"

Fergie

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

This is easy to refute and also to predict responses for.

1. Get some pics of BBers from before the days of steroids. Compare them to X@ pics.

Response: BBers before steroids did a lot of Oly lifting and other stuff; they were actually doing X@, not bodybuilding.

2. Get some pics of current natural BBers, compare them to X@ pics.

Response: those guys are actually on steroids.

3. Do the math. Since he's talking about mass, use stats. Height, total weight, BF%. Compare lean mass of BBers to X@ers at a given height. Since he says "they don't come close," I'd like to see them at least one SD apart.

Response: delete post, ban. Come to think of it, I think that'd be the response to any attempt to call him on this claim.

I still don't understand how he can be so overweight after 5 years of X@.

GDG!

Trip

Post by Trip »

I still don't understand how he can be so overweight after 5 years of X@
Eats too fucking much?

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

I don't think he does x@.

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

He wouldn't be the first cult leader not to practice what he preaches, or to look the part. Hm... do you think that eventually some juicy sex allegations will come out? Happens to a lot of other controlling nutballs who surround themselves with hot babes.

GDG!

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

GoDogGo! wrote:Hm... do you think that eventually some juicy sex allegations will come out?
I think the only ones that do will involve him and Tyler. Not sexy.

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

Couch checkin' out Rippetoe's boobies

http://www.crossfit.com/

Fergie

Rif
Gunny

Post by Rif »

after watching the video of couch teaching the squat cleans it looks like he has never worked out a day in his life. Or at least any time recently. I understand you dont need to actually do the shit you are claiming is the best to be able to coach it but C'MON!

If you are going to take such a hard line as to the superiority of your system you should be SOMEWHAT representative of what it can do. Especially for the older, injured and less motivated minions. No wonder he's so defensive.
"it's all easy til it's heavy"

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

Looking at that video and thinking of him having the cajones to mock Cotter because he gassed being game enough to try something he never does. That's some A-1 bitchass shit. Makes me sick.

Anyone of the SRKCs, including Rob who's not a full time trainer, could perform circles around him. Not to mention say Pavel, Eddie, you and I, who can match him easily age, injury and setback for age, injury and setback. I don't think the injury that causes the limp brought on the 40lbs of fat he's carrrying despite having the ultimate secret black box knowledges.

I mean you just have to suspend all belief to watch that video and think "Yeah, this is the MAN."

Fergie