NOS4A2 by Joe Hill

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

NOS4A2 by Joe Hill

Post by Bram »

Only 100 pages into this 600+ page book, but dang it is good! Been a fan of Joe Hill since I started his comic book series "Locke and Key" a few years ago (two big thumbs up for that), he can write a fine novel as well.

Horror themed. Concerns people who have strange powers, some who use them for good and another, the villain, who does not.
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

Koko, Beware
Gunny

Re: NOS4A2 by Joe Hill

Post by Koko, Beware »

Went to college and actually took a couple of writing classes with Joe Hill when he was going by his real last name, also four letters. He's got a pretty famous writer daddy...he's a good dude. Was a good writer back then, too...good storyteller.
In the mill, getting down.
-Kotto

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Him and his Dad have done some collaborative fiction, but I can't give an opinion on it.

That's great you got to take some classes with him. If you're a writer too, power to you -- I chickened out of an English degree in college. But I love reading and the art of writing.
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

Koko, Beware
Gunny

Post by Koko, Beware »

That's right...forgot about that. I did read a story they wrote together in Esquire last year...it was gross but decent.

Lol.. English major and a shitcanned novel here. Writing is lonely and wonderful.
In the mill, getting down.
-Kotto

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Right on! I'm sorry you haven't got a book out yet, but fuck that's a hard thing to do. I read Steven King's "On Writing" along with a few other books on the subject and it seems you have to just soldier on daily to succeed. Best of luck.

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Finished it, full on page turner -- creepy, vivid, reconfirms my belief that nearly all adult fiction is just awful rapes and murders, blah.

Would make a fantastic movie, some of the images the writer describes would look awesome on a big screen.