Rock Tape/K Tape Experience?

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
lasalle

Rock Tape/K Tape Experience?

Post by lasalle »

My chiro taped up my hip/IT band today. I've never tried this stuff before-in fact I've always laughed at the Crossfitters who mummify themselves in Rock Tape. But after 12 hours it feels pretty damn good.

Is this stuff legit? Has anyone tried it-how often do you use it? TIA

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Re: Rock Tape/K Tape Experience?

Post by Crust Bucket »

I've used it for some shoulder bullshit about a year ago. Taped up my shoulder once or twice a day depending on how damn sweaty I got and how long it held its support. Used it for about a week. It seemed to help some at first but I didn't think it was anything special and after the first 2 days it didn't seem to do a damn thing. I used the rest of the tape on my hockey stick.
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

Old Mother
Staff Sergeant

Re: Rock Tape/K Tape Experience?

Post by Old Mother »

lasalle wrote:My chiro taped up my hip/IT band today. I've never tried this stuff before-in fact I've always laughed at the Crossfitters who mummify themselves in Rock Tape. But after 12 hours it feels pretty damn good.

Is this stuff legit? Has anyone tried it-how often do you use it? TIA

I used to help the people at KT Tape tape people up during running expos and before races. They'd give me a free case of tape for my volunteer time.

I still have them.

I've tried it a bunch of times. Once I taped my foot up before heading out for a 10 mi walk. I felt no pain and was in surprisingly good shape by the end of it. It worked well enough that I still remember it. Other times I've used it have been hit or miss, mostly miss.

It might be worth the $20 bucks or so to get yourself a roll and see if you like it. God know's I've spent more money on shit that was completely worthless, what's another couple of bucks.