Lou Reed dead at 71

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Koko, Beware
Gunny

Re: Lou Reed dead at 71

Post by Koko, Beware »

The Ginger Beard Man wrote:
In a generation, we've gone from "Mean Streets" to "Girls".
Jesus, I couldn't love this quote any more than I do. Fucking "Girls." Fucking ugh.
In the mill, getting down.
-Kotto

JamesonBushmill
Staff Sergeant

Post by JamesonBushmill »

Bud Charniga's gaping asshole wrote:But a lot of the energy that used to be in the Village, the LES, Chelsea, etc., is moving out to the outer boroughs. I know a lot of folks living in Carroll Gardens, or Greenpoint, places that used to be boring ethnic (Italian, Polish) residential neighborhoods, now those joints are popping. I'm no fan of hipsters, and no fan of a lot of the music and art they produce, but they're definitely producing it. It's just different.
i came from there. maybe it is perspective and cultural loyalty? but there was plenty of great polish food, and great music. seeing stanky and the coalminers or Jimmy sturr at st stans auditorium, sneaking beers from the school fridge at 12 and getting hand jobs, never felt boring to me.

plus we had plenty of murders over green card scams to entertain us in the 70's.
Females who wear heels emulate the gait patterns of wounded and/or compromised prey and thus inspire males to heights of predatorial chasse-a-tude. - Robb Wolf

Topic author
beefheart
Sergeant Commanding

Post by beefheart »

ab g-d wrote:I can't understand how, given the training they did, the cavemen beat the dinosaurs.