Fish

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Texas Red
Lance Cpl.

Fish

Post by Texas Red »

After lurking for a bit, I've decided it's time to make it official. I'm too much of an embittered misanthrope to pass on such a robust wellspring of hate, not to mention the... spirited discourse.

I'm a washed-up jock/serviceman who used an injury as an excuse for getting fat and nasty. Lifts are shit, life is shit, but I'm training. Interested in powerlifting. First log post will be up tonight.

The username is a nod to Johnny Cash's cover of the Marty Robbins classic.

Let the hate flow.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: Fish

Post by nafod »

Texas Red wrote:After lurking for a bit, I've decided it's time to make it official. I'm too much of an embittered misanthrope to pass on such a robust wellspring of hate, not to mention the... spirited discourse.

I'm a washed-up jock/serviceman who used an injury as an excuse for getting fat and nasty. Lifts are shit, life is shit, but I'm training. Interested in powerlifting. First log post will be up tonight.

The username is a nod to Johnny Cash's cover of the Marty Robbins classic.

Let the hate flow.
So you have a hard-on for Ted Turner?

Don’t believe everything you think.

The Crawdaddy

Post by The Crawdaddy »

Here's to fat and nasty. :drinkers:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:90% of the people lifting in gyms are doing it on "feel" and what they really "feel" like is being a lazy fuck.
"A good man always knows his limitations..." -- "Dirty" Harry Callahan

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Playing the veteran card, mentioning Johnny Cash and Marty Robbins, with Robert Duvall in a cowboy role as an avatar. You're pulling out all the stops to suck up, aren't you?

Works for me, just post a copy of your DD214 with your full name and SSN and you're welcome aboard.
Tantum validus superstes

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Well played homo...only one of my favorite actors in a favorite role. So okay, welcome aboard. Might as well tell us about the injury...did you slip and fall in the shower and a CostCo size bottle of Pert shampoo went into your ass, again?

Topic author
Texas Red
Lance Cpl.

Post by Texas Red »

Cave Canem wrote:Playing the veteran card, mentioning Johnny Cash and Marty Robbins, with Robert Duvall in a cowboy role as an avatar. You're pulling out all the stops to suck up, aren't you?

Works for me, just post a copy of your DD214 with your full name and SSN and you're welcome aboard.
Well, it is Veteran's Day... but considering I was lord of the POG's, my record contains as much excitement as The English Patient.
Shapecharge wrote:Well played homo...only one of my favorite actors in a favorite role. So okay, welcome aboard. Might as well tell us about the injury...did you slip and fall in the shower and a CostCo size bottle of Pert shampoo went into your ass, again?
Had to be Selsun Blue - it comes ribbed for pleasure.

I've had more serious injuries that required surgery (eroding clavicle, umbilical hernia), but last year I threw my back out doing (relatively) heavy singles/negatives on OP (did not anticipate it with that exercise). I never got my back checked out, just used it (and my age - 32 now) as rationalization for sloth. Suffice to say there was an acute caloric surplus, with the beer and what not.
nafod wrote: So you have a hard-on for Ted Turner?

Never noticed that resemblance... however, if ol' Ted had possessed the moral fortitude and good sense to throttle that seditious cunt Jane Fonda to death, I would have developed priapism.
The Crawdaddy wrote:Here's to fat and nasty. :drinkers:
It's all good until my walrus ass tries to knock out pullups. There is swearing, gyration, and a great gnashing of teeth - normative behavior, though few reps are achieved.

Master_Blaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Master_Blaster »

Texas Red wrote:After lurking for a bit, I've decided it's time to make it official.
You know you could have stayed in right? They don't ask and you don't have to tell anymore.

Welcome to the Mos Eisley Cantina of the Internet.
Those Shoreline idiots read IGX like the Satanic Bible

-Shaf

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Texas Red wrote:It's all good until my walrus ass tries to knock out pullups. There is swearing, gyration, and a great gnashing of teeth - normative behavior, though few reps are achieved.
You didn't say you were a @fitter, fuck off.
Tantum validus superstes

Topic author
Texas Red
Lance Cpl.

Post by Texas Red »

Cave Canem wrote:
Texas Red wrote:It's all good until my walrus ass tries to knock out pullups. There is swearing, gyration, and a great gnashing of teeth - normative behavior, though few reps are achieved.
You didn't say you were a @fitter, fuck off.
@fit, I think I heard of that...
Spoiler: show
In truth, all it took was one annoying co-worker blathering non-stop about that bullshit to deter me from trying it.

As I understand it, the title of "@fitter" ranks below "Faggot" and "Nigger" here, in a strictly hierarchical sense, a la Dante's Inferno.

Thanks for the welcome, gents (and ladies?).

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

Yes, welcome. But, you're not supposed to post any replies. It just gets ugly when you do. (so stop)
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

vern

Post by vern »

We don't rent pigs. Move along.
“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

At least you pitched into the kitty so we know you have some manners.
Tantum validus superstes

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

You disgusting fat fuck!

Welcome to Thunderdome, Bitch! \:D/

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »