Delaware

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Cave Canem

Delaware

Post by Cave Canem »

I have to go to a business meeting near Christiana/Newark Delaware next week. Does anyone know of any gyms in the area? All I could find were Retro fitness, Planet Fatness, some curves and some @fit rip-offs along with a couple of @fits. None are quite satisfactory. If all else fails, I'll just load some kettlebells in the car.
Tantum validus superstes

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Delaware

Post by Protobuilder »

Retro Fitness sounds like a trustworthy name.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

PM I dig big chicks.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Old Mother
Staff Sergeant

Post by Old Mother »

Ironsport, Steve Pulcinella's place, is about 40 minutes away if you're willing to drive. It's in Glenolden PA.

I dig big chicks
Staff Sergeant

Post by I dig big chicks »

The Training center in New Castle, De. It's about 10 minutes from Christiana at the intersection of rt 273 and rt 13. Not as good as it used to be, but you can still powerlift there. If you need o lifting, pulcinella's place is the best bet.

Topic author
Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Thanks all. I would like to go to Pulcinella's but 40 minutes is a little too far as we will be having post meeting "activities" i.e. corporate bullshit to flesh out some asshole's performance goals. I saw The Training Center after the OP and may give it a try if they have drop in rates.
Tantum validus superstes

Topic author
Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Hit the Training Center this past Monday night. There were some big and strong boys and girls there. Place reminded me of how Gold's or World Gym once were. I swear my arms and traps grew 1/2" just from the scent of the juice saturated sweat in the place.
Tantum validus superstes

I dig big chicks
Staff Sergeant

Post by I dig big chicks »

Cave Canem wrote:Hit the Training Center this past Monday night. There were some big and strong boys and girls there. Place reminded me of how Gold's or World Gym once were. I swear my arms and traps grew 1/2" just from the scent of the juice saturated sweat in the place.
There's as many pussies and posers in that place as there are at any gym. But it has a reputation for being the best place to lift in. Delaware. Until the mid 2000s, we had an IFBB pro training there, several power lifters who did great lifts ( Jason Cox and Tony Succarotte as well as lesser strong ass people) and three national Class Olympic Lifters. The back room was a great place to be at night during the week. I miss the mix of styles and intensities there, but I don't miss the douchebaggery or the idiocy of the general clientele.

I also miss the hot wives of the owners.