Darth's Northern Va. I.G.X Fall Gathering! UPDATE

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Darth's Northern Va. I.G.X Fall Gathering! UPDATE

Post by DARTH »

OK.

I have an outdoor location, that's the primary location. It's absolutely free to us as well.

I also have an indoor place we can use if the weather goes to shit about half a mile from the primary location.

It's where my dojo is at for now. It will cost us $5 a head for the owner of the studio if we need to go that route. Sorry boys but I can't flip it for everyone, the owner needs his blood.

I am getting my own store front with in the next month or 2, so the one I hold in late Spring will be there.

With some guys coming a long way for this, even renting hotel rooms and cars I wanted to make sure that come rain or a cold front from Hell, we can do this thing.

So if you are coming, you need to PM me and give me an email addy so I can give the address for the outdoor and the alternative location and my phone number.

Look forward to your PMs and Email addys. You will have all info no later than tomorrow night.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

the fearless freep
Gunny

Re: Darth's Northern Va. I.G.X Fall Gathering! UPDATE

Post by the fearless freep »

Don't forget the daylight savings time clock change on the 3rd.
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.

Topic author
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

I had a great time guys!

Thanks to Stanley_White, Fearless Freep, Freki and Iron Dog for making it a good Sunday.

the fearless freep
Gunny

Post by the fearless freep »

And thanks to DARTH for putting it together and freely giving instruction from his inexhaustible supply of knowledge and insight in cattleball training and MA. It was a great time. Very much looking forward to the next one.
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.

DPR

Post by DPR »

I wish I could have been there! I hope to be at the next one.

stanley_white
Gunny

Post by stanley_white »

Thank you to Darth for organizing this event.

I stayed like 45 minutes before my three year old lost her mind and we had to depart.

For the next one we need to (myself included) post a bit more details in the thread. I found out this afternoon that another member who wanted to attend was also playing single dad for the day. Had he brought his kid our kids could have probably kept each other slightly sane while the dad's did the kettlebell thing.

-Stan

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

Update me for the next one! We just moved the MIL to an assisted living facility and had to spend the first of many weekends getting her house cleaned and organized.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Topic author
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

April or May for another 1.

Stanley_ we can get together sooner.

DPR

Post by DPR »

Just a reminder to the IGX members in the northern VA area. There is a kettlebell competition at the World Gym in Fairfax on January 11th. There is also a follow on seminar the next day. If you want to compete or watch, the link is:

http://www.kettlebelllifter.blogspot.co ... irfax.html

Thatcher II

Post by Thatcher II »

DARTH wrote:OK.

I have an outdoor location, that's the primary location. It's absolutely free to us as well.

I also have an indoor place we can use if the weather goes to shit about half a mile from the primary location.

It's where my dojo is at for now. It will cost us $5 a head for the owner of the studio if we need to go that route. Sorry boys but I can't flip it for everyone, the owner needs his blood.

I am getting my own store front with in the next month or 2, so the one I hold in late Spring will be there.

With some guys coming a long way for this, even renting hotel rooms and cars I wanted to make sure that come rain or a cold front from Hell, we can do this thing.

So if you are coming, you need to PM me and give me an email addy so I can give the address for the outdoor and the alternative location and my phone number.

Look forward to your PMs and Email addys. You will have all info no later than tomorrow night.
I would have come to this but there's now way I'm paying $5 "for use of the studio". That's a fucking rip off. Fuck all of you.
It's great to be first at last

DPR

Post by DPR »

For the IGX members in the northern VA area, there is a weekend KB training camp being held at the end of April:

http://kettlebelllifter.blogspot.com/20 ... -25th.html

Topic author
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

DPR wrote:For the IGX members in the northern VA area, there is a weekend KB training camp being held at the end of April:

http://kettlebelllifter.blogspot.com/20 ... -25th.html
Maybe start another thread?