Nutribullet Thead: YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED NEXT!

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Fuzzy Dunlop

Re: Nutribullet Thead: ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

Ed Zachary wrote:It's just a recipe I found to try and get my apple cider vinegar.
Why you need to get the ACV down?

EDIT: nm, I googled...
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

AF1
Staff Sergeant

Post by AF1 »

There is an infomercial out now for the Dessert Bullet from the same company. They have a new device that can make healthy ice cream with frozen fruit.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

Anyone ever made one of these things with meat?

I'm thinking pork chop, spinach, apple, cinnamon, maybe a scoop of coffee whey?
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

milosz

Post by milosz »

There used to be a great video of a CF/paleo douche making a paleo shake with chicken breasts in a Vitamix. I'm very sad it can't be found anymore because it was great for getting people to wretch.

lasalle

Post by lasalle »

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:Anyone ever made one of these things with meat?

losabio
Corporal

Post by losabio »

I saw Royler Gracie make a watermelon/banana/CREAM CHEESE smoothie in one of the Metamoris 3 trailers, and that vision has inspired me to work some cream cheese into my NutriBlast [tm] game. I'll let y'all know.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

lasalle wrote:
Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:Anyone ever made one of these things with meat?

Hahahahaha! That does sound gross.

losabio
Corporal

Post by losabio »

losabio wrote:I saw Royler Gracie make a watermelon/banana/CREAM CHEESE smoothie in one of the Metamoris 3 trailers, and that vision has inspired me to work some cream cheese into my NutriBlast [tm] game. I'll let y'all know.
Spinach/pineapple/banana/cream cheese made for a disappointingly bad NB. The remainder of that cream cheese is destined for cream cheese/jelly sandwiches.

Anyone have any seasonal NB suggestions which DON'T involve pork chops? I'm this close to burning out on spinach/pineapple/banana/____.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Use bacon?
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Topic author
The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Awful news, Lie-Men.

There is a vicious rumor going around that might have teeth.

There is intel from the field that the mighty NUTRIBULLET has been using cheaper, less robust parts of late. So while it's still 8000x better than that faggoty space sucking vitamix, it might not have the gusto to blend that mixed greens, coconut oil, coffee and granite preworkout drink you've been meaning to try.

Buyer beware.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Mine is still robustly humming along, in fact I took a small piece of unobtainium that I had and put it in there along with some carrots and pomegranate and when I cranked on the Nutribullet I inadvertantly created a mini-blackhole...no, not Proto's mom...a black ho, but a real black hole. I didn't know what to do with this so I grabbed a bunch of newspapers I had laying on the table and the trash and pitched it in there. Shit started spinning around in the kitchen and I thought what the fuck? so I turned on the microwave and then it disappeared. This is good to know because if Mrs. Shape keeps running her mouth about my spending habits I'm gonna recreate this thing and something else is getting pitched in.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

High Velocity Lie-Nap! wrote:Awful news, Lie-Men.

There is a vicious rumor going around that might have teeth.

There is intel from the field that the mighty NUTRIBULLET has been using cheaper, less robust parts of late. So while it's still 8000x better than that faggoty space sucking vitamix, it might not have the gusto to blend that mixed greens, coconut oil, coffee and granite preworkout drink you've been meaning to try.

Buyer beware.
I bought one recently, and it's working well so far. I'll give an update if it blows up.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

milosz

Post by milosz »

Vitamix has come out with a smaller version of their product that works similarly to the NutriBullet... for only $329.

Topic author
The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Re: Nutribullet Thead: YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED NEXT!

The Nutribullet was going strong for a couple of years (whatever the start date of this thread) of just about daily use and frequently several times per day.

In an effort to get rid of appliances, we opted to buy THE NINJA system from Costco a few weeks back. It's on sale for like $120. Works great, definitely more powerful than the NB and the big blender bucket as well as the smaller sized mixer made for easy options. The food processor works well, too, says my wife. Yes, I am 100% sure a Vitamix is better based on what so many have said, and they sit right smack next to the NB's and Ninjas and proudly sit there at $250 more than Ninja's at Costco. But with Costco's lifetime product guarantee, I can't see why I'd buy the Vitamix. NB is still the bomb, but THE NINJA is a smart bomb.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

The Venerable Bogatir X wrote:THE NINJA ...on sale for like $120....more powerful than the NB...100% sure a Vitamix is better...Costco's lifetime product guarantee...can't see why I'd buy the Vitamix...NB is still the bomb...THE NINJA is a smart bomb.
I am so fucking confused.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Clarification:

NB= all you need to make shakes for nutritious supplementation. But, for a few bucks more, Ninja is better than NB in the sense that it will liquefy say, a carrot much easier. You can also make a big batch in one shot, which you cannot do with a NB. Ninja also takes the place of your food processor and standard blender, which the NB doesn't as it's only speed is annihilate.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

YOU HAVE OFFENDED MY FAMILY AND YOU HAVE OFFENDED THE NUTRIBULLET TEMPLE!!

Topic author
The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Shapecharge wrote:YOU HAVE OFFENDED MY FAMILY AND YOU HAVE OFFENDED THE NUTRIBULLET TEMPLE!!
YOU KILLED TEACHA? NOW I KILL YOU!

TIGERSTYLE!

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

My wife splurged on a Vitamix a couple months ago. Was avoiding admitting my shame at not getting a NB here, but goddam the Vitamix will turn chunks of concrete into smoothie goodness.

Of course, our fruit and veggie smoothies quickly devolved into alcohol transportation devices. A little rum or vodka in the smoothie is mighty fine.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

It's a sad day my high estrogen brothers. After nearly two years of almost daily use my Nutribullet is on it's last legs. Little ball bearings were found rolling around in the base and I think it's only a matter of days before...(sniff, sob!) it is gone. With that being said I am considering...the Vitamix. CostCo has it on sale. I don't need a food processor thingy so I'm torn. No really I'm torn...I fell down on some shit and ripped open my scrotum but I'm also confused on my super-mega-blender options. I do like what Nappy said about whipping up two or three days worth of blended juice nirvanna. I wonder if I'll lose all the super powers I've gained in the last two years? That would really suck.

Topic author
The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Get the Ninja, and put the food processor thing in storage or the garbage for that matter. The big batches we make are for 4 in one shot, not over the course of a few days. If you want to spend an extra $200 for ZERO added benefit, get the Vitamix at Costco instead of the Ninja. Remember, as a part of the Costco secret society, you can return the product at ANYTIME for exchange or refund. That's forever, motherfucker.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

My Braun 200 watt Magic Wand hand blender works fine for everyday use on damn near everything, and is ridiculously easy to clean.

OUT.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Although Nappy's advice was solid in every respect I took the different path and chose to be a part of the cool people club and bought the Vitamix. No offense to the Nutribullet and in fact I think it's an unfair comparison to compare the Nutribullet to the Vitamix but this morning's blended vegetable/fruit drink with added protein and hemp seed was un-fucking-believeable. It was truly a fucking smoothie. It's fucking on now.

Just as a what-the-hell experiment I'm thinking about putting one of my .45 pistols in the Vitamix, loaded, and see what happens. I'll have Mrs. Shape turn it on though.

Topic author
The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

It's only money.

The Crawdaddy

Post by The Crawdaddy »

ya'll are so late to the party it's kind of sad. I've had the veta vita vegamix supratastic it'll cook soup on warp speed vitamix since years before this wanna be NB/Ninjapansy thread started.

Good to see some of you are coming to your senses...
Blaidd Drwg wrote:90% of the people lifting in gyms are doing it on "feel" and what they really "feel" like is being a lazy fuck.
"A good man always knows his limitations..." -- "Dirty" Harry Callahan