You bitches wish you could smell my kitchen..

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

You bitches wish you could smell my kitchen..

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

right now!!!!!!!

Tonight's the night we bake up our annual fruit cakes. Dried fruit has been soaking in rum for a week now, absorbing alcoholic goodness. Everything is mixed up on the stove and the whole house smells like liquid Christmas. One of my favorite days of the year.

After soaking in some good brandy, they'll be ready to eat Christmas day.

What are your traditions?
Last edited by Alfred_E._Neuman on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Re: You bitches wish you could smell my kitchen..

Post by syaigh »

Well. We have a few but this year, we chucked the annual cocktail party in favor of a party for the kids and their friends. Its on the solstice so we're going to have a big bonfire, play football, and decorate gingerbread houses. Yeah, im preconstructing about 25 gingerbread houses. Thats the kind of crazy I thrive in.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:What are your traditions?
All Day.

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Nice.
Wife got me this for my Bday this year:
Have just over half a bottle left, waiting for Christmas day to sip on.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

My wife's grandmother grew up as a subject of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and they all have the tradition of making ridiculous piles of these little cakes and cookies: vanilice, Isleri, salamice, napolitanke...some two dozen different kinds. I don't actually stuff myself with them (anymore, but Jesus the first few years...) but just seeing them pile up puts me in more of a holiday mode, and the kids we always have around LOVE it.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Fat Cat wrote:My wife's grandmother grew up as a subject of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and they all have the tradition of making ridiculous piles of these little cakes and cookies: vanilice, Isleri, salamice, napolitanke...some two dozen different kinds. I don't actually stuff myself with them (anymore, but Jesus the first few years...) but just seeing them pile up puts me in more of a holiday mode, and the kids we always have around LOVE it.
That sounds like eight shades of awesome. My grandmother always had a very formal dinner on Christmas eve. She would spend from Thanksgiving to Christmas prepping and baking. Several different kinds of cakes, cookies, ambrosia. Enough food to feed an army. The centerpiece was her fruit cake. She started soaking the dried fruit the day after Thanksgiving and the final cake finished soaking up Brandy Christmas eve for the dinner. It's one of my best memories of her, so my wife and I have been making it just like she did when she was with us.

Brutal Bajan
Gunny

Post by Brutal Bajan »

Fuckin' fruitcakes. My grandparents used to love that shit. I imagine I'm only about 10 years away from starting to dabble myself.

hideouse
Sarge

Post by hideouse »

editted- nvm
...Chub Rock with the mad chins...