Dragon Door/RKC (RIP)

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Dragon Door/RKC (RIP)

Post by Sangoma »

Cave Canem wrote:
climber511 wrote:
Shafpocalypse Now wrote:WAS TOTALLY WRONG ABOUT HIS, RKC IS PROSPERING, STRONGFIST IS LOSING PEOPLE LEFT AND RIGHT, REPORTEDLY BECAUSE OF NON PROFIT SHARING BY HERR COMRADE IN CHEEF
Means that being a good businessman is more profitable than being a "guru". More money in selling fitness than in knowing anything about it.
I'm trying to explain that to my son. He wants to get in the game so I told him to get a business degree. He can hire the Ex. Phys. people for minimum wage.
Management of business is waaay more important than the product it manufactures or sells. Everyone knows restaurants that make shit food and with shit service but have been around for decades. And restaurants with amazing menus and service that disappeared after a year after opening. Cash flow, baby.

Business degree is more like acting degree, useful mostly for corporate environment. For learning real business there is no other way but to bite the lip and go for it. There is tremendous difference between advising others how to run a business or working for a business and doing it yourself.

The Nightman

Post by The Nightman »

Cave Canem wrote:
climber511 wrote:
Shafpocalypse Now wrote:WAS TOTALLY WRONG ABOUT HIS, RKC IS PROSPERING, STRONGFIST IS LOSING PEOPLE LEFT AND RIGHT, REPORTEDLY BECAUSE OF NON PROFIT SHARING BY HERR COMRADE IN CHEEF
Means that being a good businessman is more profitable than being a "guru". More money in selling fitness than in knowing anything about it.
I'm trying to explain that to my son. He wants to get in the game so I told him to get a business degree. He can hire the Ex. Phys. people for minimum wage.
If you own the business, you're in the marketing business the training is just your deliverable. Be able to do both, ensure that the technical stuff is scalable and reproducible. Nothing in your business should dependant on you or your personality, or your employees personality for that that matter.

Boris

Post by Boris »

When Pavel left the RKC and everyone was jumping ship with him, the cries of "LOYALTY" and "RESPECT" were enough to make me want to :vom: I mean, really?

If it wasn't clear then, it should be totally clear now that $$ (and recognition) are what it's all about. I'm glad I'm not banking on the RKC or SF for either.

Hanglow Joe
Gunny

Post by Hanglow Joe »

I just saw on Dragon Door that due to an ever increasing number of inquiries from those holding a SFG vert that Ducane is offering them "scholarship" to come back from the dark side.

Smart business move.

j-cubed
Gunny

Post by j-cubed »

Very smart - how many different kookyball certs are there?