Is IGx dying?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Is IGx dying?

Post by WildGorillaMan »

syaigh wrote:
nafod wrote:
DrDonkeyLove wrote:
dead man walking wrote:nostalgia is the refuge of the unimaginative. it used to be better when . . .

bullshit.

there is an ample contingent of jesters and smart guys around here to keep things lively if they'd quit whining about how slow the internet is and sounding like entitled hipsters
Can't forget that Kaz drove out all the blacks.
Who drove out our lesbians?
Well, I don't know about lesbians but there are other women here. What's funny is watching everyone try to give Lych advice about her T levels as if she were a man.
True, but that kind of advice will definitely help her athletic performance...
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:Some new blood would help.
I volunteer as tribute.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

I don't know. Over the years we have covered a very broad area of topics in terms of training. Stuff slows down and then will pick back up for spell. A lot of our more colorful members have left. Couple that with some of us just being plain busy, it all equals a slow down.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Taking a quick peak, there are 34 workout logs updated in the last month or so. Add a month for lazy slackers and the number is bigger. That's the real core of IGx. Not everyone keeps those alive, either.

When folks change their login names, I don't know who fuck I'm yelling at or with.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

nafod wrote:Taking a quick peak, there are 34 workout logs updated in the last month or so. Add a month for lazy slackers and the number is bigger. That's the real core of IGx. Not everyone keeps those alive, either.

When folks change their login names, I don't know who fuck I'm yelling at or with.
Bingo. And I, along with a lot of others, have picked up a ton of nuggets from reading those.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Dunn wrote:
nafod wrote:Taking a quick peak, there are 34 workout logs updated in the last month or so. Add a month for lazy slackers and the number is bigger. That's the real core of IGx. Not everyone keeps those alive, either.

Bingo. And I, along with a lot of others, have picked up a ton of nuggets from reading those.
Some of the logs are real gold! Some of the olders I keep revisiting,even printed out Hank Scorpios complete log and have gone thru that multiple times.If you have got the time,there are some really good quotes and comments in Mickeys as well!
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:
dead man walking wrote:nostalgia is the refuge of the unimaginative. it used to be better when . . .

bullshit.

there is an ample contingent of jesters and smart guys around here to keep things lively if they'd quit whining about how slow the internet is and sounding like entitled hipsters
I can only dream of such superpowers.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

The Ginger Beard Man wrote:I have also had a lot of issues with getting on the site.
I have to wonder if we aren't just running out of things to say around here WRT S&C and fitness and martial arts. The kettlebell wars are over, crossfit is still stupid, BJJ is the martial art of choice, and LSD training has been validated again.
What else is there?
Bailey Jay.

You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

nafod wrote:When folks change their login names, I don't know who fuck I'm yelling at or with.
This!
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Dux
Sgt. Major

Post by Dux »

Username change has been disabled.
"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt "

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Dux wrote:Username change has been disabled.
And the soft tyranny of IGx continues. Our freedoms so easily sacrificed at the alter of the bleating minority.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

SubClaw wrote:
The Ginger Beard Man wrote:I have also had a lot of issues with getting on the site.
I have to wonder if we aren't just running out of things to say around here WRT S&C and fitness and martial arts. The kettlebell wars are over, crossfit is still stupid, BJJ is the martial art of choice, and LSD training has been validated again.
What else is there?
Bailey Jay.

I included her name in my first draft, but she's been here before.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Dux
Sgt. Major

Post by Dux »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:
And the soft tyranny of IGx continues. Our freedoms so easily sacrificed at the alter of the bleating minority.
Except for Kaz, Kaz can do what he likes.
"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt "

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

I'm forever TerryB.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Dux wrote:
Kazuya Mishima wrote:
Except for Kaz, Kaz can do what he likes.
Now we're talking.

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

I got busy and left here for a while. Came back and don't know half the people/personalities/inside jokes.
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

stosh wrote:I got busy and left here for a while. Came back and don't know half the people/personalities/inside jokes.
Most important thing to know is that proto shits himself if he eats blueberries.
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:
DrDonkeyLove wrote:

bullshit.

I can only dream of such superpowers.
In truth, there was only Gary and we don't know why he left.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

TerryB wrote:
I'm forever TerryB.
Now I know how Sean Archer felt.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Topic author
buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

This thread sucks

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

SubClaw wrote:
What else is there?
Bailey Jay.

Its as if she knows exactly what a man wants
Don’t believe everything you think.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

I'm keeping this thread open unless I get another $500 out of you fools.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

nafod wrote:
SubClaw wrote:
What else is there?
Bailey Jay.

Its as if she knows exactly what a man wants
Yeah, who here doesn't want a chick with a big Jew nose, and a little white dick?

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

I may need a moment.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

terra

Post by terra »

Haven't posted much lately (although did just post in the 'white women' thread for the first time ever. You're welcome).
The site has been really had to access. Only way to get to site was to bookmark an actual thread post then access site via that.
Have been very busy lately with business and life (as in 'to-do list life', not 'hey i'm livin the life'). Have not trained in god-knows-how-long. Plus the whole spending too much time on the internet thing has almost tanked for me, hence drifting away.

IGx is a fractal representation of the whole planet... And we are soon coming to the end of life as we know it.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson