Paris attacks

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Paris attacks

Post by TerryB »

You're essentially saying, terrorists have established a no go zone for America, which is limited to the ME for now, and if we play along, we'll be safe. There's a lot wrong with that notion.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:
The Venerable Bogatir X wrote:You (my liberal friends) work your ass off to politicize/polarize everything.
I think it's silly to single out the liberals for politicizing current events.

Take this backwards-ass hillbilly for example:

Vitter's Runoff Election Hail Mary Strategy: Syrian Refugee Fear-Mongering

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/david-v ... -mongering
I didn't look at the link to be honest, but I don't know David Vitter. We can find articles all day long supporting one side or another, I am talking about people I have known for a dozen plus years.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

So, let's accept that terrorism is going to kill North Americans, but less NAs than blacks killed by other blacks every year in the U.S.

Retaliate. Take away their sources of funding. Send our trained secret killers out on well supported ops, drone them. But you can't occupy. Period.

There are two big threats: nukes and large scale chemical or bio warfare.

Achmed and Mo with their guns can be gunned down

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:So, let's accept that terrorism is going to kill North Americans, but less NAs than blacks killed by other blacks every year in the U.S.

Retaliate. Take away their sources of funding. Send our trained secret killers out on well supported ops, drone them. But you can't occupy. Period.

After 9/11, W promised "a war fought in the shadows, a war like no other" and then occupied two countries. I'm all for trained secret killers mysteriously blowing shit up and making people disappear. Trying to rebuild Syria will get us nowhere. Leave that to Assad and Putin.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:So, let's accept that terrorism is going to kill North Americans, but less NAs than blacks killed by other blacks every year in the U.S.

Pretty much exactly what I have been saying but to add:

a. the concept of vetting these refugees is folly--try to verify education on someone with a Masters in Computer Science from India's or China's finest U's and it takes forever and a day. Vetting dirtpigs?...NFW.

b. the ISIS guys do seem to like the rockstar lifestyle which makes them a different threat all together....realizing there are a few people here who know better than me, I just think they have a lot of recruiting 'appeal' to 'formal infidels.

c. the idea of us keeping out others based on race, creed, or color, is bothersome....the IGx collective sat here for the better part of this year bitching about SQF and cops with jigs (a bigger threat than ISIS on our soil), and then get all holy shit ban these fuckers before they hit the airport when it comes to non-vettable 'refugees'.

d. last but not least, a possible fix or middle ground I have not heard mentioned is the old adage of 'women and children first'....take them in first if we believe they are a lessor threat than the skinny jeans refugees.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

http://www.rferl.org/content/afghanista ... 75793.html
Especially interesting considering Afghan literacy stats.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Turdacious wrote:http://www.rferl.org/content/afghanista ... 75793.html
Especially interesting considering Afghan literacy stats.
They're putting up billboards in two languages, telling people who can't read to go on Facebook, where they won't be able to read about why they shouldn't go to Germany?
I don't think that's gonna work.
Do they even have the internet over there?

Bob Wildes

Post by Bob Wildes »

We gotta turn these Mohammedans into Soylent Green and feed 'em to the Ethiopians. Multitasking at its finest.
"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

=D> =D> =D> =D>

:axe:

The Dark Side is STRONG in this thread!

Treat the area ISIS controls as as a nation state as far as targeting and SOPs for an air campaign with limited SF and elite Airborn/Assualt Infantry on offensive roles, have heavy forces where we base in theatre.

Bomb the living fuck out of them! Level fucking towns, villages, cities, what the fuck ever. Smash shit and kill people on an industrial fucking scale. While they hold so much ground they are a powerhouse in the spread of Jihad. They inspire so fucking crush them horribly. The Innocent? better fucking fight 'em, run or learn to dig, we have to make it so people fear harbouring ISIS in any way or submitting to them as joining them in the West's eyes.

Then let Assad, the Iranian and Putin rebuild all of it in Syria, let Iraq rebuild it's own ass, which will mean Iran can foot some of that fucking bill, too. They'll hold their hand out to Assad and Putin. one will pay the other will slap the hand away.

Meanwhile, deescalate the shit with the Russians. We’ve shoved NATO in their face as it is. Fuck Ukraine, Fuck Syria.

Fuck that area of the world. A long term push to not need them and disengage from the Middle East is called for unless we want to vaporise them.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

DARTH wrote:
Fuck that area of the world. A long term push to not need them and disengage from the Middle East is called for unless we want to vaporise them.
That's the key. Get off the black goo as the basis for our economy, pull out of that 9 million degree shit hole, and leave them the fuck alone. They want us gone so they can wallow in their Sharia bullshit, have at it. Just make it known that if they bring the asshattery out of that region we rain down death on them until they'll beg us to stop.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

On a selfish note, and this is strictly anecdotal, the Paris attacks are working in one other sense. Tourism in NY is even more fucked than it was before.
The strong dollar and the Greek debacle were hurting us all year, but the last week and a half has been a black hole. Business at restaurant where I work, a big tourist destination near the hotels in Modtown East, has been truly awful. I'm hearing about a lot of cancellations at the hotels, as well.
The savages aren't dumb.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

*whistles*

20 of the 27 fatal terror attacks in US since 9/11 were committed by domestic right-wing extremists.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:*whistles*

20 of the 27 fatal terror attacks in US since 9/11 were committed by domestic right-wing extremists.
Name them. Extremists or maniacs?
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Yeah, I'm sure that statistic holds up to scrutiny LOL

Let's see the list, and what's politely excluded ("workplace violence" anyone?)

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

I think he's referring to this
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Yes I Have Balls

DrDonkeyLove wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:*whistles*

Name them. Extremists or maniacs?
Extremists or maniacs? Tomato tomatoe.

These are the ones JUST FROM NORTH CAROLINA:

Eric Rudolph
Steve Anderson
Justin Moose
Frazier Glenn Miller
Charles Robert Barefoot, Jr.
Kody Brittingham
Paul Chastain
Daniel Schertz
Dylann Roof
Robert Lewis Dear

I'm just saying it might be time to look in the mirror before we go on about denying refugees because we are afraid they're gonna kill Americans.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Are you honestly saying we shouldn't try to keep violent extremists out, and shouldn't exercise some prudent caution in who we let in?

Keep in mind the violent extremists we want to keep out are a big part of why there are so many refugees in the first place.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

vermont is keeping its door open to syrians.

i'm lobbying the legislature to exclude north carolinians
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Yes I Have Balls

Turdacious wrote:Are you honestly saying we shouldn't try to keep violent extremists out, and shouldn't exercise some prudent caution in who we let in?

Keep in mind the violent extremists we want to keep out are a big part of why there are so many refugees in the first place.

I'm saying that you might get lucky and the guy currently killing people in San Bernardino is a Syrian refugee.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:
Turdacious wrote:Are you honestly saying we shouldn't try to keep violent extremists out, and shouldn't exercise some prudent caution in who we let in?

I'm saying that you might get lucky and the guy currently killing people in San Bernardino is a Syrian refugee.
The reasons there are so many refugees has very little to do with luck.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Yes I Have Balls wrote: I'm just saying it might be time to look in the mirror before we go on about denying refugees because we are afraid they're gonna kill Americans.
This may be the stupidest sentiment voiced on here in awhile.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

TerryB wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote: I'm just saying it might be time to look in the mirror before we go on about denying refugees because we are afraid they're gonna kill Americans.
I think he's right. If people who were born here are going to kill people, it stands to reason we should just throw the door open and let anybody in.
Fuck it, everybody has to die of something.

Yes I Have Balls

The Ginger Beard Man wrote:
TerryB wrote:
I think he's right. If people who were born here are going to kill people, it stands to reason we should just throw the door open and let anybody in.
Not what I said. But to clarify, why would a potential Syrian terrorist try and come in via the refugee system when 20 million people stream into this country every year without much issue.

The issue isn't Syrians killing Americans, it's Americans killing Americans and ya'll want to get into fallacious arguments with ME?

Gotcha.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:
The Ginger Beard Man wrote:
TerryB wrote:
Not what I said. But to clarify, why would a potential Syrian terrorist try and come in via the refugee system when 20 million people stream into this country every year without much issue.

The issue isn't Syrians killing Americans, it's Americans killing Americans and ya'll want to get into fallacious arguments with ME?

Gotcha.
You must be a feminist!
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".