Steve Cotter

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Steve Cotter

Post by Bobby »

Steve seems to have started eating a more vegetable based diet and I must say he is starting to look bad (skinny as hell),JUST AN OBSERVATION ON A MONDAY MORNING.So if you want to look unhealthy go the vegetarian route!
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Ericc
Sgt. Major

Re: Steve Cotter

Post by Ericc »

Steve has posted several times and did a podcast (Mahler & Hogan I believe) on becoming vegan. Haven't seen any recent pictures so can't comment on that aspect.

Hanglow Joe
Gunny

Post by Hanglow Joe »

Ate a 20 oz porter house last night, washed it down with two Heineken's and ice cream and feel bloated. Can't relate to him and glad about it.

Topic author
Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

By the way:I`ve met Steve twice and I found him to be a nice person,easy to talk to etc.He has just started to look like a vegetable eater.......
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Bobby, I noticed that too the last time I saw a pic of him...stringy and skinny, instead of his more muscular self.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

It's because of his crazy as fucking hell wife. He is all up in her ass.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Bobby, I noticed that too the last time I saw a pic of him...stringy and skinny, instead of his more muscular self.
I just took a look at his FB and he seems emaciated.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Mickey O'neil wrote:It's because of his crazy as fucking hell wife. He is all up in her ass.
They seemed to have a fair bit of drama play out on Facebook a while back, which surprised me.

Steve's mid-40's and staying very lean. Staying natural he's not going to retain the mass of 10-12 years ago, regardless of eating habits.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Men who post pictures of salads on their Facebook page...

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

^^^ Unless they're tossin' it...amIrght?!??!!11

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

OMFG U R RITE

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

On a Vegan diet, it's hard to force down 100 to 150 grams of protein without a suitcase full of Vegan Protein Powder. Jon Hinds lean body mass took a dump when he first embraced it. He checked with Mike Mahler who said the same Macros and healthy fats that meat eaters have was needed.. but without the animal sources.

Low protein diets aren't too good, save for some health conditions,.. kidney, certain cancers, etc.

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/8-questions-jon-hinds
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Abstaining from meat (whether for hand wringing health concerns, or First World moralizing) is faggotry of the highest order.

How's that for vegan counter-programming?

Hanglow Joe
Gunny

Post by Hanglow Joe »

What's the point? Seriously, unless you have stomach issues or have a personal belief about animals.

Was talking to a woman at the optometrist last week, husband is a vegan. They can never go out to eat because he can't get anything. He criticizes her when she eats eggs.

It's not about the number of years, it's about the quality of the years. Enjoy life, eat, train, drink, have sex.

Abstinence sucks

Topic author
Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Mickey O'neil wrote:It's because of his crazy as fucking hell wife. He is all up in her ass.

My wife asked me once if I shouldn`t just start eating vegetables and I said no! Bacon,lamb etc is just to tasty!´+ who wants to look like a drug addict anyway? Nearly all vegan/vegetarians look like terminal ill heroin addicts.
"being a pussy".

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Bobby wrote:
My wife asked me once if I shouldn`t just start eating vegetables and I said no!
I'd get regular screenings for colon cancer, then.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

IDK, Steve and I used to swap chats and messages but since he turned into a globe trotting maniac he hasn't and I think he removed me from his personal friend list. He's been a good guy to me and I learned a lot about kbs from him and Ken.

Topic author
Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Bobby wrote:
My wife asked me once if I shouldn`t just start eating vegetables and I said no!
I'd get regular screenings for colon cancer, then.
She wanted me to switch to a completely plant based diet,of course I eat some vegetables.
"being a pussy".

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Most people would benefit from eating waaaaaay more plant-based meals. This doesn't mean becoming a vegan, just increase your veggie intake significantly.

Taking a look at all the Blue Zones scattered around the planet, you soon start to see some common patterns.

Personally, I'd like plants to be 50% of my daily intake.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Topic author
Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

SubClaw wrote:Most people would benefit from eating waaaaaay more plant-based meals. This doesn't mean becoming a vegan, just increase your veggie intake significantly.

Taking a look at all the Blue Zones scattered around the planet, you soon start to see some common patterns.

Personally, I'd like plants to be 50% of my daily intake.
Tobacco is a veggie,right (and beer and wine but in liquid form!)?
"being a pussy".

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

I tend to drink 2 smoothies a day, each with 3 cups of mixed greens and one cup of mixed berries. This add a lot more plant to the diet than anything else I've done

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Why does his wife call herself the Basil Goddess on her Facebook page? Other than the fact that she's probably bat shit crazy?

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:Why does his wife call herself the Basil Goddess on her Facebook page? Other than the fact that she's probably bat shit crazy?

terra

Post by terra »

SubClaw wrote:Most people would benefit from eating waaaaaay more plant-based meals. This doesn't mean becoming a vegan, just increase your veggie intake significantly. Taking a look at all the Blue Zones scattered around the planet, you soon start to see some common patterns.
^this

'Plant based' doesn't have to be 'vegan'. Most blue zone populations were 'plant based', meaning a small but significant intake of animal based nutrients with a whole lot of healthy fruit, vege, seeds, nuts. Unfortunately a lot of the 'for the animalz' vegans have kind of hijacked 'plant based'.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

terra wrote:
SubClaw wrote:Most people would benefit from eating waaaaaay more plant-based meals. This doesn't mean becoming a vegan, just increase your veggie intake significantly. Taking a look at all the Blue Zones scattered around the planet, you soon start to see some common patterns.
^this

'Plant based' doesn't have to be 'vegan'. Most blue zone populations were 'plant based', meaning a small but significant intake of animal based nutrients with a whole lot of healthy fruit, vege, seeds, nuts. Unfortunately a lot of the 'for the animalz' vegans have kind of hijacked 'plant based'.
Stop. The fat guts are having fun here.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.