Ferriss gets took

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Ferriss gets took

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Shouldn't have been surprised given BMac also got through, but this guy is a complete fraud.

http://fourhourworkweek.com/2016/02/16/scorpion/
Born in Ireland, Walter was diagnosed as a child prodigy with an IQ of 197. He became an Irish national coding champion and competed in the Olympics in informatics.

Fast forward to today, he and Scorpion get paid to fix every imaginable problem for billionaires, startups, governments, Fortune 500 companies, and people like you and me. On the large side, it ranges from mitigating risk on $1.9 trillion of investments to inventing artificial intelligence engines to protect United States war fighters in Afghanistan.
None of that is true
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140 ... nius.shtml
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Re: Ferriss gets took

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

https://twitter.com/AsherLangton/timeli ... 7118143488

Twitter debunking of a lot of this clown's claims.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Typical REDDIT AMA...some take downs.

Not as amusing at the Dave Asprey one where he was accused of sexual congress with a young teen and told he was banned from Australia.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

The fucking AMA is a scream

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

It is as amusing at the Dave Asprey one.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Jesus FUCKING CHRIST.

Ferris is a SCAMMER. full stop. 100%. Anyone who spends and ounce of energy reading his shit is now one ounce lighter in their intellect.

Shame on you people.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

It's good that we weren't the only people taken in by big IT guys with pony tails making outlandish claims.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:It's good that we weren't the only people taken in by big IT guys with pony tails making outlandish claims.

Quick head check.

Who on this board is actually taken in by Ferris? Like taken in enough to pay for one of his products or sit through a podcast?

I admit...I read 1/3 of a pirated copy of the 4 hour WW. This made me feel significantly dumber for at least 4 months.
By the same token, once you've caught a whiff of his bullshit, shit like Ido Portal's nonsense is easier to spot without having to burden yourself by experiencing his actual drivel.

milosz

Post by milosz »

I've tried to read pirated copies of a few of his books and never made it more than a chapter or two - I just can't find anything in there that's actually useful.

I don't think of him as an Asprey-like scammer, though, he's more like Joe Rogan. Sort of bright compared to the rest of the populace but utterly lacking in basic skepticism and thus easily led by other real, hardcore bullshit artists.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

The Rogan comparison is apt, though I'd give the edge to Rogan as a human being and a funny conversationalist.

Freki
Sgt. Major

Post by Freki »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:It's good that we weren't the only people taken in by big IT guys with pony tails making outlandish claims.
=D> =D> =D> =D>
"The reason that 'guru' is such a popular word is because 'charlatan' is so hard to spell."
@GSElevator: Can we please stop calling them hipsters and go back to calling them pussies?
Blood eagles solve everything.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

ST...that's really good.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Shapecharge wrote:
ST...that's really good.

It took me at least 12 re-readings to get that.

Fuckin Piss Christ, that's a solid move ST.

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Blaidd Drwg wrote:Who on this board is actually taken in by Ferris? Like taken in enough to pay for one of his products or sit through a podcast?
I won't buy his stuff because his methodology is terrible (how do you not catch on to BMac and still say you're data-driven), so you can't really trust anything he writes/concludes. But he has access and there are podcasts I'll listen to. He did one with Seth Godin and a couple with Chris Sacca which were, despite Tim, very good.

That being said, Tim's writing directly to my demographic niche so he's going to be putting out shit that is interesting to me. The problem is it's still mostly shitty.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Who on this board is actually taken in by Ferris? Like taken in enough to pay for one of his products or sit through a podcast?
I won't buy his stuff because his methodology is terrible (how do you not catch on to BMac and still say you're data-driven), so you can't really trust anything he writes/concludes. But he has access and there are podcasts I'll listen to. He did one with Seth Godin and a couple with Chris Sacca which were, despite Tim, very good.

That being said, Tim's writing directly to my demographic niche so he's going to be putting out shit that is interesting to me. The problem is it's still mostly shitty.
I hear you and that's forgivable....but let's all just agree moving forward, Tim Ferris is the Deepak Chopra of the Bro-Hack movement.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:

I hear you and that's forgivable....but let's all just agree moving forward, Tim Ferris is the Deepak Chopra of the Bro-Hack movement.
=D> =D> =D>
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Shapecharge wrote:
ST...that's really good.

Care to enlighten me? The first person I thought of was Garm, but I don't know that he had a pony tail.

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

Whatever happened to those pics of Garm at the first kettlebell championship in northern Virginia?
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Mickey O'neil wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Shapecharge wrote:
ST...that's really good.

Care to enlighten me? The first person I thought of was Garm, but I don't know that he had a pony tail.
Garm had a ponytail.

milosz

Post by milosz »

That Sasha Grey gif never gets old.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Mickey O'neil wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Shapecharge wrote:
ST...that's really good.

Garm had a ponytail.
Gotcha.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Freki wrote:
=D> =D> =D> =D>
I heatily agree with these clappies.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

I have Ferriss' podcasts on my list. I look over that shit, and occasionally one will hit me up that is interesting.

Jamie Fox was OK.

I listened to the Pavel one, it makes him sound like a fraud. The Poliquin was worse. The only thing I remember about the Poliquin one is that he declared himself a genius and that guarana cream will make your excess skin shrink if you've lost a fuck ton of weight.

BD, you are right though, almost every Ferriss podcast is tainted by Ferriss doing it. It's because Ferriss is inherently dishonest. I cannot listen to any of the Bulletproof podcasts or any Ben Greenfield podcasts too, because of the incessant whoring and inherent lack of integrity.

The Art of Manliness...I have a hard time with that one.

fucking podcasts.

I will say this. I used to think Zach EE was a bit of a fraud, based on his bullshit content, but upon listening to a few interviews, I think he's a pretty solid coach now.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

My gay list of podcasts on my podcaster app

Blue Collar Radio (Shelby Starnes)
The Strength Doc (John Rusin, whom I think is wrong a lot, but they are short)
Ben Greenfield...like I said before, I haven't listened to one
Magness and Marcus on Coaching
Jocko
Sam Harris - good, overall
Jugg Life - not as bad as I though
Westside Barbell - the entertainment value is here, as well as crazy fucking shit
Perception and Action Podcast..IDK why I even have this on the list, except sometimes they nerd the fuck out on some obscure point
Rdella - iffy
Beyond the Champion -- lulz..these guys are brits and their podcast is tainted with dumb shit
Modern Musclehead - Krahn and his buddy's podcast...ok
Super Strength Show...sorry climber, this one is usually junk
Art of Manliness - runs hot and cold
Sigma Nutrition - have never listened to a single episode
Body IO - fucking kiefer
Tim ferriss - see above
Jay Ferruggia - it's like punching myself in the dick
London Real - shit, or SHITE BROWN IDO AND the wandering JUJITS fitness guru
Performance Podcast - shit
Common Sense - good
Hardcore history - good
Mark Bell's Powercast...sometimes, a lot of fuckery
Mike Mahler's...this one is hit and miss. Mike and Sincere do a ton of dick sucking on this, which aggravates me
Iron Radio - almost not worth listening to...
Power Athlete - I like it for the humor, have some decent interviews
Robb Wolf - Robb's an old buddy, but it's been delving into some conspiracy type shit
Joe Rogan - we all know this.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Typical Beyond a Champion interview

WHAT DO YOU FINK MATE ABOUT LIFTING WEIGHTS?

UH IT'S GOOD.

DO YOU FINK KIPPERS IS GOOD?

UH...